• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
First off, I am playing the newest beta out 3.2 (Not 3.1) however I cannot find 3.2 forums so I put my problem here. I could not find an IPS of this beta because I don't think it is out yet... only found the .gba file and downloaded it...

My problem: I got an Eeevee and I wanted an Umbreon (never used one before)... anyway, it is now 9:30 pm and I am training Eevee and he has enough happiness to evolve... the thing is Eevee keeps evolving into Espeon at night... I think this might be a glitch...

I'm not sure if this problem only happens in beta 3.2 (I have to get beta 3.1 again and check).

What emulator are you using? I've tested the evolution myself on VBA-M, VBA, VBA-L and No$GBA, and it worked on all 4 of them. It also worked on VBA-H if you manually set the time in memory (because VBA-H doesn't support the RTC).

So then when I complete Beta 3.2 can I use that save state on the newer beta whenever it comes out?

We aren't planning any major memory overhaul, so yes, it should be perfectly fine. One thing, use the in game save, not savestates if possible. Savestates can (not will) cause bugs on their own, and if you then report a bug caused by a savestate, we will spend hours on hours trying to track down a non-existant bug.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
Is there an EXP Share item in this game?

I found an EXP Share in the Rocket Treasure Hunt minigame on the first orange island.

Also, I'm in the Cave of Wisdom minigame and I just found a Prinplup. I'd post a screenshot of it but I don't have 15 posts. It was just two big white question marks and it only used tackle. It also didn't seem to be weak to electric.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I found an EXP Share in the Rocket Treasure Hunt minigame on the first orange island.

Also, I'm in the Cave of Wisdom minigame and I just found a Prinplup. I'd post a screenshot of it but I don't have 15 posts. It was just two big white question marks and it only used tackle. It also didn't seem to be weak to electric.

It's not a real Prinplup. It's a remnant from me copying the decapitalised Pokémon names over from the 649 Patch. That's all it is. Still technically a bug, though, since you obviously shouldn't be able to encounter it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's not a real Prinplup. It's a remnant from me copying the decapitalised Pokémon names over from the 649 Patch. That's all it is. Still technically a bug, though, since you obviously shouldn't be able to encounter it.
Congratulations, you caught MISSINGNO.!

(Hey, it works.)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
Did you get the Red Gyarados (assuming it's programmed in the game)? And take the Red Scale to Mr. Pokémon (assuming it's also programmed in the game)?

Cyclone

Not sure about Mr. Pokemon, but the Red Gyarados & Red Scale are in the game.

Thanks for the tip.

I encountered one of those in Dragons Den (different Pokemon name, same sprite), figured it was a glitch & killed it.

Also, does Move Relearner exist in this game? I caught Gengar from the Vermillion event & it's moveset is awful, it knows Dream Eater but doesn't know Hypnosis. I hope there's a third Moon Stone at some point so I can just evolve my Haunter.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Not sure about Mr. Pokemon, but the Red Gyarados & Red Scale are in the game.
Take the Red Scale to Mr. Pokémon on Route 30 and see if he exchanges it. If not, there may be some other use for it added to this game.

Also, does Move Relearner exist in this game? I caught Gengar from the Vermillion event & it's moveset is awful, it knows Dream Eater but doesn't know Hypnosis. I hope there's a third Moon Stone at some point so I can just evolve my Haunter.
Check Blackthorne City. If you can't do it there, I have no idea. You may need Heart Scales.

Cyclone

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years

In every Pokemon center, in the top left corner, there should be a computer. It will reteach your Pokemon moves for free.

Years
I got my EXP Share from Mr. Pokemon for giving him the Red Scale so yeah the event works fine

Will you make a version with easier difficulty the games very hard from the start, and its very hard to beat both axel and silver in azalea i mean cmon axel even got a dragon pokemon...
The hack feels to be like a X version now lol its challenging but it can be frustrating too so i guess a normal version would be cool :P

Last edited:
Years
I got my EXP Share from Mr. Pokemon for giving him the Red Scale so yeah the event works fine

Will you make a version with easier difficulty the games very hard from the start, and its very hard to beat both axel and silver in azalea i mean cmon axel even got a dragon pokemon...
The hack feels to be like a X version now lol its challenging but it can be frustrating too so i guess a normal version would be cool :P
Yeah I agree with you the hacks remind us Shiny Gold X of Zel at that stage. But I think its not that hard too. You just need a strategy to beat Both of those guys and thats all

Years
Love this game actually, secretly played all your betas and really am impressed with your work actually, but random question though, u plan on changing Silver's Battle sprite with his HG/SS Battle Sprite or r u just gonna stick with the current one?

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
In every Pokemon center, in the top left corner, there should be a computer. It will reteach your Pokemon moves for free.

Had no idea about this, great addition to the game & very useful.

What do I do after beating Misty? Nothing triggers when I go near Digglett's Cave from either side, I got all of the Cerulean Cave items (Mewtwo isn't at his normal spot) & nothing happens there either. I think I'm missing something from the Radio Tower that lets me wake up Snorlax.

Years
Had no idea about this, great addition to the game & very useful.

What do I do after beating Misty? Nothing triggers when I go near Digglett's Cave from either side, I got all of the Cerulean Cave items (Mewtwo isn't at his normal spot) & nothing happens there either. I think I'm missing something from the Radio Tower that lets me wake up Snorlax.
You have to complete the Power Plant event as well as in Rock Tunnel in order for that Director of Radio Tower to give you PokeTar

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
In the HG/SS remakes, you had to acquire the PokéFlute through an Extension Card for your PokéGear. That Extension Card came after a series of events - including the Power Plant - and came from the radio tower in Lavender City. I'd imagine you're trying to acquire a similar item to awaken Snorlax here, as well, so if you don't get it from anyone there see if there's a step you missed; the Copycat Doll (in Saffron) is part of it in HG/SS.

Cyclone

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
You don't get PokeFlute in this game, instead, it is a PokeTar. I believe that they (the creators of this hack) did not have enough memory in the game to create extension cards or an actual PokeGear, so they used the sprites that were available in the game to create what they needed.

Years
You don't get PokeFlute in this game, instead, it is a PokeTar. I believe that they (the creators of this hack) did not have enough memory in the game to create extension cards or an actual PokeGear, so they used the sprites that were available in the game to create what they needed.
Yeah i agree with you. That costs a lot of memory to put so LaZ simply added PokeTar as well as VS Seeker separately

rossi933

Pokemon Master R/B/Y
Years
Hi, I'm in saffron trying to take on team static in silph co, I picked up the card key and then got lost in the warp maze and decided instead to just take on the elite four ( as I hadn't done it yet) and when I beat them I came back to saffron to find I didn't have the card key and that it was not behind the painting either, any help??

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hi, I'm in saffron trying to take on team static in silph co, I picked up the card key and then got lost in the warp maze and decided instead to just take on the elite four ( as I hadn't done it yet) and when I beat them I came back to saffron to find I didn't have the card key and that it was not behind the painting either, any help??

How the heck did you get to Kanto without beating the E4???

Back