• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Are you interested in learning/playing competitive battling?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This question applies more to those who are inexperienced in regards to competitive battling, and who would like to enter the competitive realm (which is a lot of fun!)

This is in no way an official tutoring thing, however, it's somewhat of a mini version so we can get a few of you up and running with a better understanding in competitive so you can enjoy what this forum/community has to offer even more so. Please reply here if you're interested in learning, or either helping some people in a specific tier. For interest, I have NU covered, however there's many other tiers that there aren't really any experts in, so to say, so if there's a tier in specific that you know a lot about, feel free to reply. As for everyone else, if you don't specify a tier in your post, I'll just help you guys get a better feel of NU. :)

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I'm interested in learning OU and NU. :33

Last edited:

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
I'll be willing to help people with UU, only casually though.

As for qualifications or reasons why I should, I've got a fair amount of experience in it and I've made the top 10 of Smogon's UU ladder multiple times in the past.

Last edited:

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I'm definelty interested in learning more about comp battling, I want to be a better battler so that's my reason. I encourage all who also want to learn more, it's going to be worth it and you'll see how it'll benefit you as a battler too.

Wonderful Thread btw Nica. :)

Years
I need this because I'm still new to competitive battling, I want to start with the basics and then eventually branch out into the lesser-used tiers.

I want to learn all tiers so I can see every Pokemon's strategies!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I can teach Randbats 1 vs 1! Also I'd be interested in learning OU. n__n

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I used to play UU somewhat decently, but I've since dropped off the face of the Earth in terms of playing competitive Pokemon (I haven't battled in any way, shape or form since December 2012, and I haven't played UU since October 2012). As such, I would really appreciate being retaught the arts of UU.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm interested in learning OU, UU and NU. I could also teach some of my untested strategies.

Sirfetch’d

Umm while I have tried to play all of the tiers UU is now my favorite and I would like to learn it more.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
DIE jellicentfan1

I'm so so so so so interested, but I'd never found someone who is VERY patient because I don't understand any of it. Not these tiers or anything. Like, I try to EV train or whatever once and I think I did it right but... it's all just complicated for me. Or I'm making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Anyways just posting to say there seems to be a lot of interest in UU so I may post a discussion thread on it. I'll offer my humble expertise and perhaps everyone can just help each other. I assure this, this is probably the best BW metagame in terms of strategy/creativity.

Anyway I'll probably do it once I got a solid placing on the Smogon ladder, then I'll feel comfortable giving advice.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I'm definitely interested! I've been interested in competitive battling for a long time but I don't know where to start... I know there are lots of resources, this forum included, but it just overwhelms me when I try to start researching. @_@

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm on the fence with this. Recently I've been wanting to really get back into competitive battling - I was all about it in gen IV and did clans, tourneys, all of that. I never even attempted to get into gen V though so I feel pretty behind on it.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
The only usable competitive team I have made is a Rain one and it's pretty good, but I would really like to learn more.

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
It's funny you make this thread, because I actually just finished building my competitive team! I got interested in competitive battling, and thought to make my own "super team!" I decided to begin in the OU tier (because I wanna be able to start with a team that could compete with the best), got some advice, did some research, and now my non-legend competitive team is completed! *look below Trainer Card is my team* Now I just have to finish EV training -_-

Back