• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does it bother you that Pokemon can use moves of other elements?

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
I agree. Some of them seem a little strange. I'm okay with Arbok and Fire Fang. It's a little weird, but it's like Hitmonchan learning every element punch. It's still a punch, and it's still a bite. But when my little electric Zebra learned Flame Charge? I had no idea what was going on. Some work, despite type, but some do honestly give me pause.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I feel like a lot of normal types learn a variety of moves to make up for the lack of STAB potential. It just makes them more useful I guess. That said, I love how certain Pokemon can learn other element moves. The only issue I have is Emboar with Scald, but that may be because of my intolerable impatience for Emboar.

My Espeon's moveset is Psychic, Grass Knot, Signal Beam and Trick Room. (TR only because I think it's hilarious), but the GK and SB cover certain types nicely. I actually took out my buddy's Steelix with Grass Knot in one hit, was very happy about that.

Back