• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A New Beginning...

Years
What was your favorite part about the beginning of Black and White? (and by beginning I'm counting up to 1st gym, maybe a little after) Was it the music, the graphics, the characters, the story? Was it getting your Unovian starter, catching your first pokemon, or battling your rivals? Was it the overall sense of a completely new world? (i.e. all new pokemon) Discuss!

Note: To keep this being specific to Black and White, try to make your post applicable to just Black and White, and not all pokemon games. So instead of, "Getting my starter," at the very least put "Getting my Oshawott," so that this stays a Black and White thread. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just a note, this is really similar to my thread (as in, asks for first experiences, whereas mine is like initial thoughts but yours is asking for a direct favourite) so if they end up too similar in the responses I'll have to merge them. :(

As for me probably uhhh... I think the rivals in general. I found the introduction interesting in the bedroom, and the fact that it got messed up so easily was a nice feature to have early on (I didn't like that you had to catch as many first Pokemon as you could, though!) I also liked the graphics but they carried on for the rest of the game, so ya.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Probably it was playing my first pokemon (after a while) knowing how the game works. I mean, when i was a kid i ignored stats, iv,ev, power up moves etc. It was great to play and actually know what to do xD.

Years
Just a note, this is really similar to my thread (as in, asks for first experiences, whereas mine is like initial thoughts but yours is asking for a direct favourite) so if they end up too similar in the responses I'll have to merge them. :(

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't see your thread. (it was kind of late when I made it lol) :(

As for me, I really liked getting the starter in a present, and THEN meeting the professor. I also really liked that little cinematic of the pidove (or woobat if it was night) flying away when you left your house for the first time. Other things I enjoyed was route 1's music/the leaves blowing across it - it was so nice and blissful! And of course Accumula town. That town just rocks. (music, looks, everything)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't see your thread. (it was kind of late when I made it lol) :(

As for me, I really liked getting the starter in a present, and THEN meeting the professor. I also really liked that little cinematic of the pidove (or woobat if it was night) flying away when you left your house for the first time. Other things I enjoyed was route 1's music/the leaves blowing across it - it was so nice and blissful! And of course Accumula town. That town just rocks. (music, looks, everything)

Oh ya, the Pidove was definitely adorable! I was just disappointed that it didn't continue. ;( I mean it made the beginning really feel like a whole new start since you see the birds scattering, idk. Something like that makes it seem better.

Years
For me, it would have to be when I received Oshawott. I'm such a fan of the little blue otter so I was so excited to have him as my partner throughout Unova. And another amazing moment was catching my first Pokemon - a Patrat.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
For me, it would have to be the final part of BW, where N says 'Farewell' to all of us, that was a touching moment, I really admired that part~

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I kinda like the whole numbering of the routes and Bianca's speech about taking your first steps to route 1. N's speech and character development is pretty cool too. but what really caught my attention was the fact that all the Gym Leaders (aside from Iris) had a second job.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Pretty much everything between getting my first Pokemon to the first Gym (and beyond). Having two rivals was epic, the music, the graphics after leaving your house during the day and at night, leaving for Route 1 with both Cheren and Bianca, the events in Accumula Town, having the piano girl and drummer boy join in on Accumula's theme, helping that little girl get her Pokemon back (was a nice touch to add a random character for that little bit), kicking Team Plasma's ass after hurting that Munna in the Dreamyard, and meeting Fennel.

So, yeah.. basically everything between the game starting to the first Gym. xD

Nakala Pri

I think Cheren is snide and pushy and Mr Know-It-All, but you can't help but like the characters. Bianca is exactly like me, quirky, giddy, and wants to find out what to do in life. I pick learning about the characters :3

DarkSaiyanGirl

Leviathan
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
I agree it's really cool having two rivals whose character's develop as you go throughout the story (: What really stood out to me was the colours of the seasons and the small details (such as the leaves blowing as mentioned before). Choosing Snivy was great, I love the little guys design so much. He looks like a little smarty pants haha and evolved into a smart AND regal looking Pokemon which I loved even more. The music is really amazing too, it's so detailed and high-res compared to the old 8-bit tunes (which we all know and love anyway).

Back