• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

These drinks taste exactly the same!

Years
I can marginally tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, but aside from Vanilla Coke, I don't have a preference of one over the other. Diet Pepsi and Coke taste basically the same though, and I seem to drink more of that than the regular stuff.

Any other type of carbonated drink, though, I can tell you the brand almost right away. Whether it be Root Beer, Citrusy (7-Up, Sprite, etc.) or something fruity (Crush, Fanta, C Plus, etc.), I seem to be able to recognize those flavors better.

Victini

I can most definitely tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke. They taste 100% different to me.~

As for 7-Up and Sprite, I can only mildly tell the difference... I've never had C Plus but I guess I can make up my own comparison : Crush and Fanta Orange.
I can taste the difference slightly with those as well, and I prefer the latter. <3

... I have a pretty extensive soda palette (sadly) cause I drink wayyy too much of it. >/////>

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi and other sodas like 7-Up and Sprite. According to my little brother you can the difference between any soda by smelling cause all soda and drinks have a distinctive smell. So I've tried this whenever I misplace my drink with someone else's to tell the difference. And personally, I think Coke tastes better.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
It's very easy for me to tell the difference. I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi - Coke being the clear winner out of those, and Schweppes Lemonade and 7Up are both much better than Sprite.

Years
What about the difference between diet and regular pop? I think that diet pop, no matter the brand tastes fake when compared to regular pop.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I can tell differences, but unlike most folk that can, I don't particularly dislike any among name-brands.
I don't like diet versions though, except Pepsi Max.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I can tell the differences between diet and regular, but I don't mind one more than the other. Brands, on the other hand, all taste the same to me unless it's this one specific store brand of cola that I could identify at any time because it tastes like someone put vinegar in it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I can tell the differences on some by taste, depending on the amount of sugar it has, if it has too much it will taste way too sweet, and I won't like it

Pepsi or Coca-Cola? - I prefer coke, not to sweet, I prefer diet coke, but when there isn't some I'll drink regular. Pepsi is way too sweet, from all the added sugar it has

Sprite or 7up? - again, 7-up is a bit too sweet for me same with Sprite, on these two I'll take Sprite over 7-up, but comparing the lemon-lime flavor, I prefer Sierra Mist Natural

C Plus or Crush? - no comparing - I never heard of C PLus, I know that Crush has differen flavors (some are like Grape and Orange) - I love the Orange flavor

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Coke and Pepsi taste absolutely the same to me, tho I don't drink much of Pepsi so I'm not sure.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I can usually tell the difference between the ones you mentioned.They actually have different taste of about 10%-ish.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Oh lordy yes. Out of the Coke-Pepsi bifecta and all of its subsidiary drinks (Diet, Zero, Max etc.) the only one I like is regular Coca-Cola. And I can definitely tell the difference between that and Pepsi: at least in the UK, Pepsi is much sweeter. Diet Coke just tastes of chemicals, which makes sense as something has to replace the sugar. Coke Zero tastes of this weird hybrid of Diet and Coca-Cola, which makes sense given that it's supposed to taste the same as Coca-Cola due to its male advertising as men hate the word 'diet'. As for Pepsi, while it's disgusting anyway, I can't actually tell the difference between regular and Diet Pepsi. Pepsi Max, however, is probably what they serve to people in hell. Already tainted by the probably patented Pepsi sickly sweetness, Max serves to exacerbate the horribleness by putting craploads of citric acid in, making it even more unbearable to drink.

So... yeah. I've given this quite a lot of thought over the years and haven't had any of them for over a month. Kinda craving them now! :P

Back