• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fuligin

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Hey this hack is totally awesome !!!.I have question though. After you beat the league and get rock smash where should I go ? I'm really lost. Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I tried your hack last weekend and thought of posting some critic about it.
As you've already gotten lots of positive feedback, having negative shouldn't hurt either.

I read what you wrote in the main post about the hack "not being so cool" but as I saw other people like it, I decided to try it out just to see how it is. There are lots of things that should be improved: grammar, bugs (I remember "Gary" talking something strange in Pokemon lab about Prof. Oak being away while he was there or something similar to that, also the route next to the starting town wasn't next to it in town map etc.), overall gameplay...

What I disliked the most is that the game is way too similar to FireRed - at least in the beginning. And the beginning is actually the most important part of the hack which shows the player the overall look of the hack and after that, the player makes his/her decision whether to continue playing the hack or not. I made the decision to quit after I had battled the rival first time and got beaten by that "Sentret-trainer" in Route 3. The reason for that is mainly because nothing exciting happened that would have made me want to continue playing it. And as I said before, I didn't like the grammar either because it doesn't match with the game any way. "Bad" grammar is okay in some parts but it's too constant at least in the beginning.

But as you finished the whole hack already, I don't see a point in re-making stuff either but in case you're going to go with another hack after this one, make sure to get the job done better!

hey hoping you still have the rom I would hope you could keep playing. I was skeptical at first because it seemed so far from the norm, and yes there were mistakes, but i decided to keep playing. this is now, without a doubt, one of the best rom hacks I've ever played once i got into it. It is original and provides plenty of opportunities you wouldn't normally get. This is a great rom hack and I hope you trust me and continue

hey this a great hack, just wanted to say nice job

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
I think this hack is good but I cany find a clean rom that works.

Really? I think your not looking enough.
Does anyone know if the exp share bug is a problem of an unclean rom? The rest of my game works fine.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
Well, looks like I have a lot of comments to go through...

Oh, and hey guys I'm back!
I just finished making a spreadsheet with locations of all pokemon in my game!
Although, now I see that i accidentally left a few out of the game :/
Those pokemon are Drowzee, Hypno, Unown, and Relicanth. I am considering making a new patch with those pokemon added into the game if people want me to.
Anyway, I will try to incorporate the spreadsheet on the first page. If I can't hide it in a spoiler or something then I will just add my excel file to the links.

Years
Well, looks like I have a lot of comments to go through...

Oh, and hey guys I'm back!
I just finished making a spreadsheet with locations of all pokemon in my game!
Although, now I see that i accidentally left a few out of the game :/
Those pokemon are Drowzee, Hypno, Unown, and Relicanth. I am considering making a new patch with those pokemon added into the game if people want me to.
Anyway, I will try to incorporate the spreadsheet on the first page. If I can't hide it in a spoiler or something then I will just add my excel file to the links.
It's always good to see a creator back in a hack... In my opinion you should leave the consideration of adding these useless pokes except Relicanth of course which is always useful for the famous event if this hack has it of course.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
I have a question about this game. Is the shiny rate increased in Pokemon Fuligin? I found a shiny Ledyba and a Shiny Pidgey within the same two days.
Please reply. I ****ing made an account just to ask this question because it's ****ing killing me
The shiny rate has not been increased, you must just have really good luck :P

Just as I was going to Route (forgot the number) this guy was blocking the path and when I try to talk to him he sings 'Never Gonna Give You Up' lyrics which is really annoying and random whoever thought of the idea to do that is pretty dumb to think of that also I don't have the HM for Cut to proceed to the second Gym (as I'm on the part where I've been told to face a second Gym Leader at Brox City) Can you let me know why this is happening or how to get rid of that stupid random person singing the lyrics by Rick Astly...
I needed something to block the path so you couldn't go too far ahead without the second badge, Rick Astly seemed like a good deterrent :P

Very good hack.
I trying to find slowpoke (or slowbro/slowking) but i couldn't.Anyone can help me ?

Edit : I forgot to say something i didn't like.When you fight the trainers that originaly was from Cerulean to Bill's house bridge, the last one asks you to join team rocket.You say no, but in the next event you joining them.
I linked an excel sheet with pokemon locations on the first post, still working on incorporating it in a spoiler so you won't have to download it.
And I guess I wasn't thinking when I left the nugget bridge people unchanged haha, completely forgot the last guy asks you to join team rocket!

Hey all.

I'm stuck and I have no idea what to do in the game!
I've just been to spooky tower, but I can't get to the top. I also don't have fly so getting around is a pain, and I don't have surf so I can't move onto the next town either.

Anyone got any advice or know what to do next?
Have you talked to the rocket girl in Elemis city? After that you should be able to get to the top of the tower.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
i'm not sure if im a fan of this game being a bit darker than other storylines.

this game is def fun, always wanted to play as a team rocket member since g/s/c.
there's a small dialogue error in the beginning. When you get oak to give you the pokedexes, your brother says they're still waiting for oak or w.e. just a small thing that i saw.

ill report any big glitches/bugs in the future.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Wow, thanks SO much for the excel spreadsheet. Yeah, I don't think the pokemon that you left out are really necessary except for maybe drowzee and hypno :/.

Congrats on a great hack anyways.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 28, 2019
Hey guys,

Since i found Relicanth and Unown i was wondering if anyone else found Drowzee and Hypno. I'm close to finishing the pokedex and i just need a few more. Could anyone please help.

KinKage

Golden Shadow
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
I lost to the Warden and now I can't back to the jail.. What do i do?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
Hey guys,

Since i found Relicanth and Unown i was wondering if anyone else found Drowzee and Hypno. I'm close to finishing the pokedex and i just need a few more. Could anyone please help.
Do you remember where you found Relicanth and Unown? I didn't find them going through all routes in AMap, but maybe I just missed them. I'm pretty sure Drowzee and Hypno were left out.

I lost to the Warden and now I can't back to the jail.. What do i do?
You can talk to one of the guards walking around in Brox city and he will take you back to the jail.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
If you did not find them on A-Map and someone caught them... then maybe you did not look through every map?

Well, I found relicanth and unown now. Relicanth was in a map I had already looked in, so I guess he was just overlooked. Unown on the other hand was in a map I didn't really expect to still have wild pokemon in. Still no sign of Drowzee/Hypno
The excel sheet on the first page has been updated.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 29, 2022
So I beat the second gym, made my way thru the cave but my rival isn't in the truck yard? Any ideas????

Back