• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
Sadly, my first and only shiny I have ever found was a Nincada in my Emerald. Sadly, because I STILL have not found another shiny after all this time, but I am actually happy I got a Nincada because now I get two shinies out of the deal :)

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
my first shiny in this gen was a pidgey. first pokemon i ran into when Oak gives you the pokeballs. i was in the middle of a challenge and it ultimately made me quit the challenge because i wanted to train it so badly :) believe it or not, this happened a few months ago!

Pokemon_ShinyPidgey.gif

look! its GOLD!!!

Years
My first shiny was Zigzagoon.
It was my first because I did not know about shinies in my days back in Gen 2 when shiny pokemon were added.
I was curious at first and then I thought of it as a glitch.
I quickly googled about them and then that's where I discovered them. I found them rather intriguing because they were very rare.
And thus, my story ends.
It was in Emerald by the way.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
My first shiny was an RE Tailow, which I caught during a St. Patrick's Day Challenge. You could only use green Pokémon, and I really wanted a Swellow, so I spend hours looking for one, and believe me, I almost collapsed when I seen it. I guess "the luck of the Irish" is a true enough saying...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
Mine was a Seedot in Ruby, and right at the start of my 2nd playthrough of the game. It was such a great feeling when I got one :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
A freaking Slowpoke in Leaf Green.

I didn't know what it was at the time. I saw it was a different color and did the star animation and just captured it in case it was important.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
Mine was Zigzagoon in Emerald. I ended up giving it the name Red Star xD

ExtremeStyle

Pokemon hacks <3
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
My shiny was Wingull,though it was a randomizer ,I caught it while fishing in Dewford and it was my first shiny.I was excited,but not too much as he was just sitting in my box...

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
My first Advance Gen shiny was a blue Venomoth in Fire Red. I didn't know it was a shiny at first because I wasn't paying attention to anything that wasn't a Kangaskhan. I just remembered how my little brother raised a Venomoth to level 100 and caught it. I then ran into a regular Venomoth and realized that I caught a shiny. Two days later, I caught a shiny dark red Paras in Leaf Green.

Kyoko1

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
My first (and only) shiny was Zigzagoon.
I was young and didn't understand what was happening.
However, I thought that it looks cool and caught it :)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
My first Advance Gen shiny was a blue Venomoth in Fire Red. I didn't know it was a shiny at first because I wasn't paying attention to anything that wasn't a Kangaskhan. I just remembered how my little brother raised a Venomoth to level 100 and caught it. I then ran into a regular Venomoth and realized that I caught a shiny. Two days later, I caught a shiny dark red Paras in Leaf Green.
Venmoth i like that Pokemon. I like Shiny Pokemon. And Kangshan ? Woow your little bro raised a Venomoth to level 100 and caught it ? oh... Your lucky then ! A paras again ? i only caught one shiny in my life til now.

My first (and only) shiny was Zigzagoon.
I was young and didn't understand what was happening.
However, I thought that it looks cool and caught it :)

Oh me too it also happen to me when i caught my first shiny i thought what was is ? is it something cracked in the game ? then i get answer in google.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Mine was a golden ratatta which i caught between pallet and viridian city!

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
In many years of playing Pokemon games, I managed to get the following shinies in these series:

Ruby
- Numel
- Beldum (oh yes, after only 3 times resetting because I wanted a good nature, it turned up to be shiny xD Still have that Metagross!! :3)

Emerald
- Wingull

FireRed *for some VERY ODD reason, I always encountered 80% shinies in the Safari Zone...
- Doduo
- Rhyhorn
- Nidorino
- Paras
- Exeggcute
- Weedle (caught in the very beginning, just played only for 10 mins in my new Save game before encountering him rofl)
- Koffing
- Pidgeotto

LeafGreen
- Magikarp (it was lv: 67 or so in the wild ROFL I'm not even joking xD)
- Bulbasaur (my FIRST soft-reset-starter-shiny!)

Pinta77

Zubat on my friend's emerald version. I cloned it and traded it to myself.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
My first and only shiny in 3rd gen was a Shiny Spinda who now is on Black 2

Back