• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
The Pyromancers
The Fire-type Pokémon Club

1376088167-source.jpg

Welcome to the Pyromancers! This is a place for Fire-type Pokémon lovers to gather and discuss their favorite Fire-type Pokémon, moves, trainers, and anything related.

Sign-up form:
Name:
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon:
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:
Answer to current topic:

Feel free to answer a past topic too if you have something to discuss!

Current topic:
What Fire-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

Past topics:
Spoiler:

Fire-type Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Member List:
Spoiler:

Userbars:
Spoiler:

Credit to Rapidfir3Pho3nix for the above userbars

If you would like to make a userbar for the club feel free to do so.​

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Do we have to sign up again? Or no? If we have to then here is my sign up form again ( did I to be safe.)

Name: Venitardus
Pick 2 partner Pokémon: Blaziken, charmander
Reason(s) for liking fire types?: My favorite type out of them all. Lol. I like the color read and I love fire in general. Since charmander was my first ever pokemon partner, I just fell in love in fire-types, and I always had one on my team in all the games. I also love most of the fire type pokemon designs. They all are very unique.

What is your favorite fire type starter?: mine would have to be charmander, because he was my first ever starter. I fell in love with him from the get go. Also, now with X and Y has came out, I love him even more.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Hikari10
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Chimchar, Chandelure
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They are delicate, but powerful in battle, plus they handle a lot of common types like Grass, Bug, Steel and Ice as their most notable weakness. And they tend to have awesome designs too!

What is your favorite Fire-type starter?

A cross between the Chimchar and Fennekin lines for me. Chimchar's line became a fave of mine because I love monkeys and Infernape learns really good attacks, making him my starter of choice every time I play Diamond, Pearl and Platinum which is a bit odd because I'm usually one who picks Water starters, but it always did its job for me well. And I used Kinniekins the Fennekin which I got from Shauna in X for a while, I do love the whole mage/witch theme they did with Fennekin's evos there. Something nice and different from what we've seen in past generations.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Name:Talli
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Flareon,Victini
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They may have a number of weakness that other the types but they are still one of my favorite types.

Torchic because it's a chicken that is an fire type and the first food based pokemon.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 20, 2017
hey fellow fire-type pokemon lovers! i'm fairly new to pokecommunity.com and pokemon games.

Username: lightmaster720
Partner Pokemon: Charmander and Growlithe
Reason for Loving Fire-type Pokemon: I've always liked fire in general. I'm fairly new to pokemon games( just started playing them around 2-3 months ago) but ,I'm not sure if this is true or not since I was a little kid, I remember watching pokemon episodes when i was a little kid and I also read a book about pokemon about two and a half years ago and charmander was the main character's first pokemon( I don't think the book was about Ash Ketchum) and over the course of the whole book charmander evolved into charmeleon and then into charizard and since then i have loved charmander and fire-type pokemon. I also tend to usually like pokemon who look really cool and think they're powerful and tend to usually think pokemon who don't look cool are really weak.Of course this isn't always true but it's true for charizard since he/she is really cool-looking AND really powerful, especially Mega Charizard Y.I like Growlithe because I've wanted a dog since I was a little kid but my parents refuse to buy me one till next year and I already like fire-type because of the reasons listed above so Growlithe is like my dream fire-type dog and it resembles the dog I'm gonna hopefully get next year(I'm actually hoping to get a siberian husky next year), and so, that's why i absolutely love fire-type pokemon.My favorite fire-type starter pokemon would be charmander since it can eventually evolve into MEGA CHARIZARD Y.However,I don't have pokemon x or y yet but I'm probably gonna order one of them in a few days.( not sure which one to get, pokemon x or pokemon y. Any comments that would help me decide would be immensely appreciated.)

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: Venitardus
Pick 2 partner Pokémon: Blaziken, charmander
Reason(s) for liking fire types?: My favorite type out of them all. Lol. I like the color read and I love fire in general. Since charmander was my first ever pokemon partner, I just fell in love in fire-types, and I always had one on my team in all the games. I also love most of the fire type pokemon designs. They all are very unique.

What is your favorite fire type starter?: mine would have to be charmander, because he was my first ever starter. I fell in love with him from the get go. Also, now with X and Y has came out, I love him even more.

Welcome! Charmander is typically my choice as well, but Torchic and its evolutions fall pretty close.

Name: Hikari10
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Chimchar, Chandelure
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They are delicate, but powerful in battle, plus they handle a lot of common types like Grass, Bug, Steel and Ice as their most notable weakness. And they tend to have awesome designs too!

A cross between the Chimchar and Fennekin lines for me. Chimchar's line became a fave of mine because I love monkeys and Infernape learns really good attacks, making him my starter of choice every time I play Diamond, Pearl and Platinum which is a bit odd because I'm usually one who picks Water starters, but it always did its job for me well. And I used Kinniekins the Fennekin which I got from Shauna in X for a while, I do love the whole mage/witch theme they did with Fennekin's evos there. Something nice and different from what we've seen in past generations.

Welcome! I enjoyed using Fennekin because of Delphox's power as a Psychic-type. I honestly haven't played through Platinum a whole lot but when I did I used Piplup. It was the first time I didn't like the Fire-type starter a whole lot. I have to agree that Fire-types have awesome designs.

Name:Talli
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Flareon,Victini
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They may have a number of weakness that other the types but they are still one of my favorite types.

Torchic because it's a chicken that is an fire type and the first food based pokemon.

Food based Pokémon? o.O Haha, but either way it is one of my favorite starters ever, so I can't exactly disagree.

hey fellow fire-type pokemon lovers! i'm fairly new to pokecommunity.com and pokemon games.

Username: lightmaster720
Partner Pokemon: Charmander and Growlithe
Reason for Loving Fire-type Pokemon: I've always liked fire in general. I'm fairly new to pokemon games( just started playing them around 2-3 months ago) but ,I'm not sure if this is true or not since I was a little kid, I remember watching pokemon episodes when i was a little kid and I also read a book about pokemon about two and a half years ago and charmander was the main character's first pokemon( I don't think the book was about Ash Ketchum) and over the course of the whole book charmander evolved into charmeleon and then into charizard and since then i have loved charmander and fire-type pokemon. I also tend to usually like pokemon who look really cool and think they're powerful and tend to usually think pokemon who don't look cool are really weak.Of course this isn't always true but it's true for charizard since he/she is really cool-looking AND really powerful, especially Mega Charizard Y.I like Growlithe because I've wanted a dog since I was a little kid but my parents refuse to buy me one till next year and I already like fire-type because of the reasons listed above so Growlithe is like my dream fire-type dog and it resembles the dog I'm gonna hopefully get next year(I'm actually hoping to get a siberian husky next year), and so, that's why i absolutely love fire-type pokemon.My favorite fire-type starter pokemon would be charmander since it can eventually evolve into MEGA CHARIZARD Y.However,I don't have pokemon x or y yet but I'm probably gonna order one of them in a few days.( not sure which one to get, pokemon x or pokemon y. Any comments that would help me decide would be immensely appreciated.)

It sounds like you may have read of one the Mangas? I can't pinpoint that exactly, but that's what I get from the context. If you like Mega Charizard Y, I suggest you go with Y because that will be the only way you can get it until Pokémon Bank gets up and running.

A big thank you to all of you for helping me to get this ball rolling again. (Fireball? o.O) I look forward to some input as this is the first club I am running. To answer the question by Venitardus, I would prefer that everyone signs up again because the sign-up form was not at all the type I would've used.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
2 partners: Moltres and Ho-Oh
Reason for liking Fire-types: They are power players, they have so many moves that are both flashy and powerful, and can burn you. Even if they're up against their weaknesses (Water, Rock and Ground), they can still inflict damage if their Fire moves are powerful (like Fire Blast and Blaze Burn) or using a Sunny Day/SolarBeam combination.
Favorite Fire-type starter: Charmander. He's cute, and he grows up to be a very powerful "dragon".

Here are my Fire monotype teams from last time:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Name: Nymphadora.
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Vulpix and Charizard.
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Most fire-types make good battling partners, which is why I like them. Some people may think that they're overrated, but that doesn't bother me.

Charmander, as I find it to be pretty cute. Plus, its final evolution, Charizard, has two mega forms. Isn't that awesome? Another of my favorite would have to be Tepig. When it's done evolving into Emboar, it could make a great addition to almost any of your teams. Along with these two, I also like Cyndaquil. :]

Wicked3DS

Years
Username: CloysterOyster
2 partners: Moltres and Ho-Oh
Reason for liking Fire-types: They are power players, they have so many moves that are both flashy and powerful, and can burn you. Even if they're up against their weaknesses (Water, Rock and Ground), they can still inflict damage if their Fire moves are powerful (like Fire Blast and Blaze Burn) or using a Sunny Day/SolarBeam combination.
Favorite Fire-type starter: Charmander. He's cute, and he grows up to be a very powerful "dragon".

Here are my Fire monotype teams from last time:

Spoiler:

Welcome! As always, the teams are insane lol. I like Moltres as it is my favorite Legendary Pokémon and Ho-oh...I've always been torn because I realized its power but I was always a fan of Lugia more. On Charmander, I couldn't agree more.

Name: Nymphadora.
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Vulpix and Charizard.
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Most fire-types make good battling partners, which is why I like them. Some people may think that they're overrated, but that doesn't bother me.

Charmander, as I find it to be pretty cute. Plus, its final evolution, Charizard, has two mega forms. Isn't that awesome? Another of my favorite would have to be Tepig. When it's done evolving into Emboar, it could make a great addition to almost any of your teams. Along with these two, I also like Cyndaquil. :]

Welcome! Vulpix/Ninetales have grown on me so much recently because I never realized their potential until this year. Charizard is Charizard, I don't have to say anymore how much I like it. Tepig to Emboar became one of those cases of "Fire/Fighting again?" where I still stand firmly with Blaziken. Cyndaquil is a dark horse for me because it doesn't get a ton of special moves to take advantage of, but it still has the power to put down opponents with it's Fire-type moves.

The member list will be updated tomorrow night (EST) and hopefully over the course of this week I will get some events and more topics together to really get us going.

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Name: mayuyu
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Torkoal and Vulpix
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I've always been fascinated by fire for as long as I can remember. I'm no pyromaniac but I just like it. Like in shows that featured elements, my favorite characters would always be the ones that had some relation to fire like Sailor Mars (and this was before I liked pokemon) or hey, pretty much every fire-bender in Avatar. So I really don't know why I like fire-types so much, but I always start with them. Maybe it also has to do with how I hate bugs irl and I can't swim so water is a no-no idk

My favorite starter would probably be Cyndaquil (not evolved). Quilava's okay but idk Typhlosion is just whatever. Counting in evolutions, it's between Charmander and Torchic.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 20, 2017
but if you get x cant you get the mega charizard y stone by trading with someone who has pokemon y(which im sure plenty of people have).and the book i read the title was just Pokemon and it wasnt a manga it was a written book,not too big, around a 100 pages, with a lot of pokemon pictures, and your rival is the prof oak's grandson Gary.

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: mayuyu
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Torkoal and Vulpix
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I've always been fascinated by fire for as long as I can remember. I'm no pyromaniac but I just like it. Like in shows that featured elements, my favorite characters would always be the ones that had some relation to fire like Sailor Mars (and this was before I liked pokemon) or hey, pretty much every fire-bender in Avatar. So I really don't know why I like fire-types so much, but I always start with them. Maybe it also has to do with how I hate bugs irl and I can't swim so water is a no-no idk

My favorite starter would probably be Cyndaquil (not evolved). Quilava's okay but idk Typhlosion is just whatever. Counting in evolutions, it's between Charmander and Torchic.

Welcome! I feel exactly the same way you do about fire. Torkoal was always a strange one to me and I always hated battling it in Emerald (Flannery...!). Cyndaquil is probably my favorite unevolved as well. I always liked in the anime how it could turn the fire on its back on and off. Evolutions definitely go to Charmander and Torchic though.

but if you get x cant you get the mega charizard y stone by trading with someone who has pokemon y(which im sure plenty of people have).and the book i read the title was just Pokemon and it wasnt a manga it was a written book,not too big, around a 100 pages, with a lot of pokemon pictures, and your rival is the prof oak's grandson Gary.

You can do that, you'd just have to find someone willing to give it away and have something worth giving to someone else for it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'll go ahead and start a new topic, Wicked (if you don't mind, of course!). Of the two Charizard forms introduced in X&Y, which is your most favorite? Personally, I like Charizard Y. It's got an amazing-looking design, and it isn't so bad when it comes to battling. Charizard X is good at battling as well, but its design, though... I'm not very fond of it. In my opinion, its color scheme just doesn't go along with it too well. ):

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Of the two Charizard forms introduced in X&Y, which is your most favorite?

Nice topic. For me, my favorite is Mega Chatizard X. I like the design and the new typing of fire/dragon. I always thought charizard, along with its evolutionary chain, looked like dragons. I don't like the color scheme either, though I have seen the shiny verion of it and I really do like that! :)

Years
Of the two Charizard forms introduced in X&Y, which is your most favorite?

Definitely Charizard X, it's helped me in a lot of sky battles in my X playthrough right now and the Fire/Dragon typing has some good type coverage together. Plus, he's awesome, and I guess I finally overcame my hate of Charizard for that very reason.

Years
Name: Sheep
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon:
136.png
637.png

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They're very reliable and tend to have pretty darn good base stats. Plus one of my favorite Pokemon overall, Flareon, is a fire type! :)

Probably Fennekin. Its cuteness won me over in both the anime and games.. though Cyndaquil is a close second for similar reasons. It's hard to choose between the two but if I had to I'd probably lean towards Fennekin for the cool typing when fully evolved and neat magician-like design.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Name: BadPokemon

Pick two fire-type partner pokemon: infernape, houndoom

Reasons for liking fire types: When I was a kid, I considered fire types stronger than any other type. Infernape is my favorite starter and one of my favorite pokemon. Fire type is my favorite type and they are really cool.

What is your favorite fire type starter?: chimchar! It was my best pokemon and favorite( still is) from gen 4 and any other gen. I ohko'd everything. The only thing that it lost to was the elite 4. We managed to come out victorious, though, with the help of the rest of our team and a lot of potions. It was also my first pokemon ever. Diamond was my first pokemon game. Unfortunately, it is sitting in the back of a GameStop now.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 20, 2017
Of the 2 mega charizard forms in X/Y, which is your favorite?

Although i don't have X/Y, I'm ordering them tomorrow, i think Megazard Y is better because like Nymphadora said it has an amazing design and it looks SO much better with bigger wings. Megazard X's wings are different than the regular kind of wings and it's flames are blue and i think that makes Megazard X totally different from the regular charizard we all love.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Of the 2 mega charizard forms in X/Y, which is your favorite?

Although i don't have X/Y, I'm ordering them tomorrow, i think Megazard Y is better because like Nymphadora said it has an amazing design and it looks SO much better with bigger wings. Megazard X's wings are different than the regular kind of wings and it's flames are blue and i think that makes Megazard X totally different from the regular charizard we all love.

I like both. Mega Charizard Y has Drought as its ability, which boosts Fire moves and Solar Beam can be used in one turn instead of two. Mega Charizard X is part Dragon, which is awesome, and has a cool design and colors.

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
I've always felt that Charizard Y was the more "correct" Mega evolution (or at least what I'd expect from a Charizard Mega evolution) because they just changed so much with Charizard X. But I prefer Charizard X because it's basically a shiny Charizard with BLUE fire. That's pretty cool.

I hate the weird thing Charizard X has on it's shoulders though, and the way it's always breathing out that blue fire out of its mouth.

Welcome! I feel exactly the same way you do about fire. Torkoal was always a strange one to me and I always hated battling it in Emerald (Flannery...!). Cyndaquil is probably my favorite unevolved as well. I always liked in the anime how it could turn the fire on its back on and off. Evolutions definitely go to Charmander and Torchic though.

You can do that, you'd just have to find someone willing to give it away and have something worth giving to someone else for it.

haha I hated Flannery, but Torkoal is just so weiiirrrd. Like really, a fire turtle? But Ash's Torkoal made me love all Torkoals (and I usually don't like Ash's pokemon).

Back