• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Heatwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko Fan 12

Lloyd, Eternal Swordsman!
Years
Hi. I'm starting a new hack called Pokemon Heatwave. It is set at the exact same time as R/S, but Groudon has already been running around for a few years. You journey from Littleroot to find Kyogre and banish Groudon back beneath the sea. The Gym Leaders have all been called away to try and fight Groudon themselves, leaving behind replacements. So far I have two Gym Leaders, if anyone wants to be one, just leave some details. It should include a name for the gym leader, Pokemon he/she has (But they must still be based around the original type. For example, if you take over from Wattson, you still have to have electric Pokemon, but you can choose what levels and which Pokemon) Current Gyms taken are Rustboro and Dewford. The maps will be edited for towns so that they don't have water in. I am also going to try and get rid of the sea, so that you can walk straight across it. Fire Pokemon will be common, water Pokemon will be rare. The weather institute will also play a bigger part in this, though how, you will have to wait and see. Here's a few screens to keep you all pleased for now.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I actually really love your idea! Make everything extremely parched!

Ooh! I have an idea, which you should use! Instead of grass have lots of sand, since the grass has just been burnt to a crisp! It'd look tres cool.

Treecko Fan 12

Years
Thanks for all your support. I'm not as good at hacking as other people. I can only do text editing and maps. But I don't really need to do any spriting so that solves one thing. I might need a bit of help in some parts doing some event editing, but I'm confident I can do most of it myself.

* Jade *

Banned
Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Dec 9, 2005
This is sounds abit like to MewthreeInc's Pokemon Riku....

Treecko Fan 12

Years
Well I don't really look at many hacks, there's only a couple I actually take interest in, and I haven't seen that hack before. So if it is similar, it is purely by coincidence.

MAR Heaven

No Comment
Years
  • Age 34
  • Huh?
  • Seen Jun 26, 2007
Great hack Treecko fan id like to be the Muaville city gym leader
Name:Gerardo
Pokemon: Plusle lv. 20, minun lv. 22, and Raichu lv. 24
Battle quote: Wattson might be gone but im just as strong as he is

edit: The TM Is zap cannon

Last edited:

CyberForte

Calculmancer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Not a bad idea... Btw, it will take you a LONG time to edit all of the Sea out, so good luck...
Oh, and I'll volunteer a character of mine for Gym Duty.

(Note: This is not me)
Name-Lunasa
Gender-Female
Description-Medium height, long black hair, violet eyes, wears light-blue skirt and T-shirt.
Personality-Almost always very nice and acts playful, but can be deadly serious if she needs to, though she hates doing that.
Town-Mossdeep
Team-
Lv.38 Alakazam
Lv.40 Metang
Lv.42 Espeon

Last edited:

CyberForte

Calculmancer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Well, the tilesets of the sea area contain multiple sea panels, but editing all of them would be far easier than editing each area by itself....

CyberForte

Calculmancer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
But if you do, don't forget to change the attribute thing or you wll still get a sea battle feild in battle under you and the enemy.

AcCiDeNT

Years
yeah, and how will you dive underwater to get to the team rocket submarine place? XD that's going to be the hard part unless you make a cave that you can just enter... so it won't be that hard o.O

CyberForte

Calculmancer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
He could leave the water in tileset 0 and edit it out of the others maybe... Or leave just one or two in the sea's tilesets the way they are, he'd have to do at least some actual map editing either way...

CyberForte

Calculmancer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
*Puts idea in "Might be useful for future hacks" folder*
I might use that if I ever make a desert region. But you'd have to switch the TM/HMs for Dig and Dive around, so it might be hard to do...

AcCiDeNT

Years
yes, somewhat it would, but actually it wouldn't if there is nowhere to dive... then make dive dig and dig something else change the attack power accuracy, then change the description then change the battle effect to something else and you're done...

* Jade *

Banned
Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Dec 9, 2005
Can I be a Gym Leader in Fortree?

Gym Leader Jade
1.Roselia
2.Breloom
3.Cacturne
4.Tropicus

TM 09

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
Years
Well then, if you don't mind, I would replace Wallace, in the Water gym in Sootopolis.

Gym Leader Mirage (female if possible, if you want, give you a sprite of her later)

Starmie
Seadra
Milotic
Masquerain
Marshtomp

Their level is to your criteria

Oh, and if you want different text...

Starting text:

"Oh! A new challenger! Did you ever notice the beauties the lasting water has? Its splashes, waves... Do you really want to challenge me?

Then prepare for the biggest splash in your life!

Battle End Text

Oh, no! Water pok?mon's strengh is diminished thanks to the heatwave...

Final text

"Well, you won fair and square, (Player)! Take your badge, then.
Oh, and here's a TM too! (TM descriptions)

After-math text (when you won, and speak to him again)

Good Luck in winning the league!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back