• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
  • 1st Place:Advanced Trainer
    Reason: Non-buggy "PET" please!
  • 2nd Place: eXtreme Script Editor
    Reason: I'm good with scripting but it tends to get confusing sometimes. So I'd like to see how this will turn out.
  • 3rd Place: Shinyzer
    Reason: Yay, shiny encounters.
  • 4th Place: Titlescreen Cry Editor
    Reason: You can easily do it in hex, but oh well. But maybe this should be more of a Title Screen Editor (including cry editing). But that's just me...:P
  • 5th Place: Advance Item
    Reason: I like this idea. Hopefully we can edit the empty slots for items so we can make more.
  • 6th Place: Pokemon Editor Advanced
    Reason: Sounds pretty good but I won't need much use for it.
  • 7th Place:Strengther
    Reason: Eh, I can't imagine it being used much.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
Well, it's great to count on a developper really interesed about the feedbacks. ;)
Let's go to the sondaggio.
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place: XSE
    Reason: First the currents databases are really obsoletes and scripted is "buggie" with trainer and pokemon battles.
  • 2nd Place: Advanced Trainer
    Reason: The same that Zel, it's annoying to change it in Hex. First to seek the name in Pet, copy the pokemon offset and change it in thingy... so boring. And Pet doesn's search downcase letters nor accents nor the eñe so in a lot of cases you have to search the name manually...
  • 3rd Place: Pokémon Editor Advance
    Reason: It's good to have all in the same tool. Pokeampifier 3.2 lacks the habilities, egg groups and sex distribution (%male-female) but anyway you can use base-edit.
  • 4, 5 and 6th Places: Titlescreen Cry Changer, Shinyzer, Advance Item
    Reason: They are very useful and will be succesful, but it's use is sporadic. For instance I've only changed an item when i made that TM13 Ice Beam cannot be hold by a pokemon nor toss away. I mean they could be put together in a sort of "suite".
  • 7th Place: Strengther
    Reason:
For me, change that data it's a little antipokémon, but it can be useful for customize the avalaible "???" type (only used for eggs and curse)

Well, in general, all those tools are really useful but, wow, you are making a lot of tools.
Have you thinked in create a Hackmew's suite for join all together? There is strength in numbers.

Years
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place: eXtremeScriptEditor
    Reason: The current scripting tools are sub-par, at best. We need a bug-free, updated scripting tool!
  • 2nd Place: Advance Trainer
    Reason: PET is really buggy, and hex editing is a hassle.
    Reason:This will help out many people who intend to put in shiny battles in his/her hack
  • 4th Place: /Advance Item
    Reason:Advance Item would be really useful for people editing items in their hacks (They are tied for third with usefulness with me)
  • 5th Place: Pokemon Editor Advance
    Reason: I don't really have a use for it, but seeing how adding DP Pokémon is popular...
  • 6th Place: Titlescreen Cry changer
    Reason: Well, editing the cry of the Pokémon in the beginning is a very minor detail.
    Reason: I don't really see a use for this program, even though some people might.

I do have a little suggestion (It is just that, a suggestion. No need to feel obligated). Maybe a complete tileset editor with palette changer?

Years
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place: Shinyzer
    Reason:I can do it Mastermind X's way but I'm too lazy to do it over and over again.
  • 2nd Place: eXtreme Script Editor
    Reason:Because I'm interested in the debugging part.
  • 3rd Place: Title Screen Cry Changer
    Reason:I need this.
  • 4th Place: Pokemon Editor Advance
    Reason:I'm sick of Amplifier.
  • 5th Place: Strengther
    Reason:Should be very useful.
  • 6th Place: Advance Item
    Reason:I'm happy with hex for this. But some day's I'll be lazy, and this will be great for those days.
  • 7th Place: Advance Trainer
    Reason:I haven't had any troubles with PET, yet, so I don't think I'll need this.

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
Years
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place: Advance Item
    Reason: This will be extremely useful to me.
    Reason: I can do it in PET but I'll stick with this one.
  • 3rd Place: Pokémon Editor Advance
    Reason: Pokemon Amplifier does the job but it's Spanish. So this will help.
  • 4th Place: eXtreme Script Editor
    Reason: Good but I need to learn how to script first.
  • 5th Place: Titlescreen Cry Changer
    Reason: I'm in but I prefer a whole titlescreen editor.
  • 6th Place: Shinyzer
    Reason: I really don't need it. I'll stick with rare ones.
    Reason:I don't need it the most. I prefer the old strengths/weaknesses.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place: eXtreme Script Editor
    Reason: As many said, current ones don't work always properly, especially the database aren't always clear.
    Reason: Same as above: too many problems for such a requested tool.
    Reason: Lot of people would love this. ASM scripting is not easy at all.
  • 4th Place: Pokemon Editor Advance
    Reason: Not on the first positions because lot of programs already exist. still really useful because you put in all the functions in a single program.
  • 5th Place: Advance Item
    Reason: Useful tool not created yet. Still less necessary as the others.
  • 6th Place: Strenghter
    Reason: The tutorial is enough. but a tool making it quicker may be appreciated and may improve the hacking this feature. I'd recommend adding also the function to hack types' names ;)
  • 7th Place: TitleScreen Cry Changer
    Reason: Least requested tool. and a simple hex tutorial would be enough, i suppose.

Suggestion: a TitleScreen Changer. changing all the graphics is something a lot of people ask for. Also some editor for the attack properties, i know A-tack but not everything is done properly.

Last edited:

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place:eXtreme Script Editor
    Reason: A better version of ScriptEd and PokeScript? What more can you say, hopefully it will be easy to compile and maybe decompile? This would be a great tool.
    Reason: I'm not a fan of HEX, mainly because it takes time and PET is a bit glitchy, which I found out the hard way. If you made it easier and better, I would definately use it ;).
    Reason: I don't want to really have shiny battles, because I beleive it is like enhancing the game too much. Though this would be useful for other people.
  • 4th Place: Pokemon Editor Advance[/b]
    Reason: A program with the whole package would be very useful, especially when insterting D/P Pokemon into a game, which is very popular now.
    [*]5th Place: Titlescreen Cry Changer
    Reason: Well, it would be useful in later stages of someones hack, because alot of people are willing to make their game have a better presentation.
    [*]6th Place:Advance Item
    Reason: I like the idea, but many people don't really care about the items x]. Maybe just when your changing a few things, but this can be done with Hex, right?
    [*]7th Place:Strengther
    Reason: I don't really think this is necessary.. I like the normal strengths plus small changes can be made with A-Tack.

Years
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place: Xtreme Script Editor
    Reason: This'll (hopefully) reduce the amount of script problems, and increase the amount of good hacks =D
    Reason: Advance Battle is crappy and PET is absolute trash. And hex is too hard... so we need a better trainer editor =D
  • 3rd Place: Titlescreen Cry Changer
    Reason: As far as I know, there's no (easy) way to do this. And this would be useful in many hacks =D
  • 4th Place: Advance Item
    Reason: Nice, but it could be done with A-Mart too.
  • 5th Place: Advance Pokémon
    Reason: There's already Pokémon Amplifier...
  • 6th Place: Strengther
    Reason: Changing the types kinda ruins te game imo... =/
  • 7th Place: Shinyzer
    Reason: Results in loads of n00b hacks with Shinies... shiny Pokémon are suppossed to be rare... the Red Gyarados is an exception though, 'cuz it's part of the story.

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
Years
My Graduatory

• Reason:It would be good, therefore I have some problems with the Scripted and Pokescript
    [*]2nd Place: Shinyzer
    Reason:I liked the idea to create events with pokémon shiny. I followed that tutorial one, but I only obtained to create one common wildbattle.
    [*]3rd Place: Titlescreen Cry Changer
    Reason:Cry?
    [*]4th Place: Advance Item
    Reason:Already the PET exists
    [*]5th Place: Advance Pokémon
    Reason:Already the PA exists
    [*]6th Place: Advance Item
    Reason:Already the A-Mart exists
    [*]7th Place: Strengther
    Reason:I do not find necessary

PS: They forgive me for the bad English

My Graduatory
    Reason:It would be good, therefore I have some problems with the Scripted and Pokescript
    [*]2nd Place: Shinyzer
    Reason:I liked the idea to create events with pokémon shiny. I followed that tutorial one, but I only obtained to create one common wildbattle.
    [*]3rd Place: Titlescreen Cry Changer
    Reason:Cry?
    [*]4th Place: Advance Item
    Reason:Already the PET exists
    [*]5th Place: Advance Pokémon
    Reason:Already the PA exists
    [*]6th Place: Advance Item
    Reason:Already the A-Mart exists
    [*]7th Place: Strengther
    Reason:I do not find necessary

PS: They forgive me for the bad English

Last edited:

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
That is totally off topic. Google "Birmin Studios" and select the first one on the list.

Are these tools for the poll you're working on right now?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I really appreciate it.
I've updated the Poll Results. If you're interested just check my previous post.

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
It's really nice to not see any credit to me. C'mon, I don't want to be silly, but how many functions and scripts did I reverse for your tools and now there isn't even a breeze of having received help from other people...

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
It's really nice to not see any credit to me. C'mon, I don't want to be silly, but how many functions and scripts did I reverse for your tools and now there isn't even a breeze of having received help from other people...
Well.. Same for Martin (Wuggles) and Me.. We also found some commands for XSE, but MEH.
XSE isn't out yet, nor is Shinyzer, so those credits will come when the tools are there M_X ;)

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
um hack mew can you make a program that changes the whole titlescreen including the cry coz why bother just changing the cry

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
um HackMew can you make a program that changes the whole titlescreen including the cry coz why bother just changing the cry

Why just the cry, uh?
Have you at least a minimal idea about the difficulty of the program you're requesting? I guess not.
There's no source code for Cyclone and I would have to rewrite it totally from scratch. And unLZ has no source as well, by the way. So quite difficult, indeed.
Also, changing the cry involves a bit of ASM too and it's useful only on FR/LG ROMs while changing the rest of the titlescreen is important on both R/S/E and FR/LG ROMs.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well, What about a tool that can edit the x and y positions on thw world map.
Or am I asking to much/Too difficult?

Thanks for making these tools. They,
Are really helpful, and I use them A lot!
-cooley

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thank you both, The Smell and cooley.

Well, What about a tool that can edit the x and y positions on thw world map.
Or am I asking to much/Too difficult?

Regarding this request, I know Mastermind_X will make a tutorial about that someday. Maybe I'll do a related program but I am not totally sure for now.

Years
hackmew u need to fi the search function on APE it doesnt work maybe its me but it worked for me then it didnt

Back