• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Essentials, version 8 - 10th July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Nice I was reading and caught 1 thing of importance, the pre-defining of pokemon for trades : D this will be a nice addition to the trade system I am working on.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
If anyone wants to put Kyurem's new forms in the game, simply download
P-Signs BW pack and input 2 new items in the PBSitems document (e.g. Volt Orb, Ember Orb, etc).

Then input this script into PokemonMultipleForms:
Code:
MultipleForms.register(:KYUREM,{
"ability"=>proc{|pokemon|
   if pokemon.form==0
     next getID(PBAbilities,:PRESSURE)
   else
     next getID(PBAbilities,:MOLDBREAKER)
   end
},
"getForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
   if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:[COLOR="Purple"]insert white Kyurem's hold item here[/COLOR])
     next 1
   end
   if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:[COLOR="purple"]insert black Kyurem's hold item here[/COLOR])
     next 2
   end
   next 0 
},
"getBaseStats"=>proc{|pokemon|
   case pokemon.form
     # White Forme
     when 1; next [170,160,140,120,140,140]
     # Black Forme
     when 2; next [170,170,150,110,140,150]
     # Normal Forme
     else;   next [150,100,120,90,100,120]
   end
}
})

Credits to this goes to myself and Maruno if used.

Years
Hi, i updated my Game and everything works well thx :)
But which Data I have to copy that the switch and variable names are in the new kit?

Edit: hmmm i tested Ice sliding, but nothing happend ... yes it is terrain tag 12

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hi another quick question about the new version. Was anything in the pictures folder changed?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Hi, i updated my Game and everything works well thx :)
But which Data I have to copy that the switch and variable names are in the new kit?

Edit: hmmm i tested Ice sliding, but nothing happend ... yes it is terrain tag 12
I just tried it myself by turning the water autotile into ice (by making it passable and changing its terrain tag to 12), and it works. Changing the terrain tag can be a bit temperamental, though.

I have no idea where switch/variable names would be kept.

Hi another quick question about the new version. Was anything in the pictures folder changed?
Off the top of my head, all I did was add Shadow type-related graphics to types.png and battleFightButtons.png. I don't think I've done anything else. You can always check when the pictures were last modified if you want to know that kind of thing.

Years
Hi, now I know what caused my problem.
The numbers in the Terrain Editor are shifted a litte too much down.
You can see it on the jump tiles: abload.de/img/capture004bajza.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
Great job!!! I never thought Pokemon Essentials would receive another update. x)

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Idea

This is kind of a suggestion, but not for essentials itself.

Whenever you update essentials, you post a long list of changes and fixes. In the future, would it be possible, along with these to say which scripts were edited. No need to say what exactly was changed in them, just which script sections were edited. This could help people who made major changes to certain scripts. This way, if they knew nothing major was changed in their edited script, they could just copy it over, instead of having to redo the changes when they move over their game. If I am over thinking things, please let me know. This is just an idea, and maybe could help people out

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
This is kind of a suggestion, but not for essentials itself.

Whenever you update essentials, you post a long list of changes and fixes. In the future, would it be possible, along with these to say which scripts were edited. No need to say what exactly was changed in them, just which script sections were edited. This could help people who made major changes to certain scripts. This way, if they knew nothing major was changed in their edited script, they could just copy it over, instead of having to redo the changes when they move over their game. If I am over thinking things, please let me know. This is just an idea, and maybe could help people out
Note that you can use programs to see the script changes, like the wikipedia changes.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Could you show me how, or give an example, I don't know what you are talking about

Years
I noticed that there are a few repeats of spites in the graphics folder, trchar032 and trchar035 are the same for example. Is there any reason for this? Is it just so that the trainer pictures have a matching overworld?

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
It's for the Battle Tower scripts. The sprite numbers have to match the index numbers of the Trainer Class, or something to that effect iirc.

Maruno

Years
It also allows trainer events to be set up properly using just the comments. The trainer's type is used to set the event's charset.

So yes, the duplicate graphics are intentional.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
i don't know if this has been asked in older updates but there are contest halls in the tile set and was wondering if you could use them yet?

Maruno

Years
i don't know if this has been asked in older updates but there are contest halls in the tile set and was wondering if you could use them yet?
There's no such thing as Contests in Essentials.

What do you think about updating the Multi-Inside and Cavetiles tilesets to the extended version in the zip on http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7268472&postcount=999 ?

These files are from 4th gen matt pack that also have the FrLg overworlds.

I made the BW2 Move tutors list to tm.txt attached.
I'm (slowly) working on more comprehensive and tidier tilesets. They'll be solely FRLG graphics, plus maybe one or two other tiles (e.g. really tall grass).

At the very least, I'm going to wait until the games come out in English before mucking around with the PBS data. You may have noticed, in any case, that I'm not overly bothered about keeping absolutely up to date.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2012
With the new version there seems to be a few bugs with the bridges' map page. 1) if you go on to the bridge there is no getting off without hold ctrl in debug mode 2) the reflection is shown on the edge of the bridge instead of in the water. I was able to fix this with no changes to the way the map looks, however there is a thin strip under the center of the bridge, that you can not surf in, if I try and add water there the reflection goes back to the edge of the bridge. As for getting off of the bridge, I simply had to delete all layers under the ends of the bridge (the bottom layer had the hill which was keeping you from going to the end of the bridge, because you can't walk up a hill)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back