• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I'm not sure this makes the point you think it does LOL

So the question asks specifically whether it will be remakes and the answer is no... how could that possibly mean something else?

If more replies like that follow, then there really is no hope for humanity.

Doesn't disapprove RS sequels though lol.

With NEW pokemon? Then its also not what this topic is about.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
So the question asks specifically whether it will be remakes and the answer is no... how could that possibly mean something else?

If more replies like that follow, then there really is no hope for humanity.

With NEW pokemon? Then its also not what this topic is about.

Ah yes because Game Freak would answer a specific question about an unannounced title truthfully , ah my mistake

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
They are talking about the next main games... and that they're not remakes.

Obviously they wouldn't say such a thing if the exact opposite was true, regardless if they could talk about that or not.

blue

gucci
Years
That changes things, kinda exciting to see what this new game could be especially being for the 3DS. Also, just out of curiosity does anybody know what was on Pokemon Sunday behind the "?" following up from last weeks preview?

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
They are talking about the next main games... and that they're not remakes.

Obviously they wouldn't say such a thing if the exact opposite was true, regardless if they could talk about that or not.

Well if you say so.
I actually hope the next game is a new gen for the 3DS. If so I can see a remake in 2015 of course I'm leaning towards a new adventure in Hoenn . And if I'm not mistaken gen 4 had new evos and prevos of gen 2 pokemon so if we get some new Evo lines of gen 3 pokemon in gen 6 we could possibly get a game set in Hoenn .
Personally I don't like using the term hints , I don't think GF leaves " hints " in games ( unless its stated somewhere they do, if so my mistake) I just think there similarities and instances where they show that the pokemon world from past generations are connected

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
That doesn't necessarily mean that it's the next core games either then; possibly a spin off, which is why I agree with what some others there are saying. The person may have been asking the question in regards to the main games but, the way they worded it, could allow for a 'twisted' response(a new game can mean just that, a new game, which means spin-offs included), just like how you can look at it as a single game because of them using it in the singular form. The answer seems more about the 3DS than anything; it's not a straight response aside from them saying it's not remakes.

Personally I don't like using the term hints , I don't think GF leaves " hints " in games ( unless its stated somewhere they do, if so my mistake) I just think there similarities and instances where they show that the pokemon world from past generations are connected

Nobody can say for sure whether they do or not, it's moreso that everybody just grasps at every little thing that could possibly be related. I honestly think they do try to throw in things from time to time to get you wondering though, like what Steven said after the Lati event in HGSS or stuff we wouldn't even take as a possibility at the time, aka the dream world reference in Gen III. Call them what you want but they may be making references/hints to what we could be seeing in the future at times.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
It could be a spin-off filler to fill in the time in the lead up to the announcement of Gen VI, the fact that it's a single game kind of supports this theory. It doesn't cancel out the possibility for remakes just yet, they asked if it was a new game or a remake and they responded by saying it's not a remake purely because of the question they had been asked.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I can see why they could mean spin-offs, since its TPCi and not Gamefreak, but still I seriously doubt they don't understand when a question is about the main games or pokemon games in general.

"It will be a new game, not a remake."

It will not be a remake, but a new game..

It implies, that they are talking about the game, which had the potential to be a remake if they wanted, in other words the next main game, which is what was specifically asked about anyway.

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
The way they asked the question means that they could give a response that doesn't necessarily give much insight either; about all we know is that a new 3DS game is in development(as if it wasn't obvious enough) but we pretty much still don't know crap about it.

"It will be a new game, not a remake."

Someone with awesome french skills correct my translation if its not precise please, but said like this,
It will not be a remake, but a new game.

It implies, that they are talking about the game that could be a remake, in other words the next main game, which is what was specifically asked about anyway.

That doesn't mean a thing really other than that it will be a new game and it isn't a remake. I'm not even going to imply that they even could be remakes here; What I'm saying is that there are different meanings you could get out of reading something that vague at this point. New game + no remakes in the what response, with how they asked the question does not automatically imply that the answer was directly to the main games. If anything, it could have simply been their ticket to giving a response without 'spilling the beans' on much(like we didn't know a 3DS game was in development...XD) or maybe it is a main game, who the heck can know right now what they mean by this; Just look forward to hearing info on the next Pokemon 3DS game.

Now look who's grasping at a straw somewhat, haha.

Wow it's been some time since I've been adding into the discussion here.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
The way they worded their answer is probably to clarify the question that they had been asked; "A new generation or a remake?" in which they answered "It will be a new game, not a remake" I doubt they would have said this hadn't they been asked the question the way it was worded.

I think this news puts the possibility of remakes on a hiatus, for 2013 anyway. After this game is released next year, it won't be long off until we start hearing news on Gen VI with movie hints and new Pokemon silhouettes since it will be half way through 2013. Only after the release of Gen VI is when remake speculation will pick up again. I'll admit I was adamant that we would see remakes next year, but now this has thrown it completely off course.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
in all honesty, I hope they don't make the overworld spites any bigger...

RedRGBwalkdown.png
Red_OD.png

they've doubled in size

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
The question was definitely worded weirdly, and it strikes me that they would answer as to what the next MAINLINE game would be as if they were talking about that then I'm sure they would not give a direct answer which makes me believe that TCPi was just referring to a spin off - more specifically, Mystery Dungeon as that is clearly the next Pokemon game arriving internationally and will be in 3D.

blue

gucci
Years
The question was definitely worded weirdly, and it strikes me that they would answer as to what the next MAINLINE game would be as if they were talking about that then I'm sure they would not give a direct answer which makes me believe that TCPi was just referring to a spin off - more specifically, Mystery Dungeon as that is clearly the next Pokemon game arriving internationally and will be in 3D.

I don't think they're talking about Mystery Dungeon since that's already released about Japan and the game they're talking about is "in development"
It was a similar scenario for Pokemon Conquest, so again.. it could be similar to that format.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, 2015 or 2016 seems most plausible years for remakes to happen, more so in 2016 assuming that there is a third game to Gen VI from 2014. Then again... 2015 is Emerald's 10 year anniversary. ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm usually on the no side, but TPCi only handles international distribution and translation of International games, US, Europe, etc. they camnot confirm or deny new or in developement games/titles. The game TPCi is working on is most likely magnamate (the pmd one.). I don't think TPCi is working on harmoknight since it isn't a pokemon game. But TPCi has no official say on the main/remake argument. If it were the japanese branch, that could mean something else, but TPCi isn't a credible source.

Years
Imo. If we get rse remakes before gen 6 then i think itll be on dsi with 3ds compatibility. If we get gen 6 first then the main story franchise will move to 3ds. I think im half hoping that rse comes to the dsi amd another handheld comes out before gen 6 because im not a huge fan of the 3ds. I understand that it can probably support better 3d rendering and graphic engines amd hold more memory but i find the actual 3d feature useless and unimportant imo. They could have probably done without yhat and put a bigger focus on more necessary aesthetics like battery life i see us having gen 6 by 2014 and a remake before then.
They have expanded their company alot over the years.Things have picked up speed orr than ever. Ive been playing since red and blue and have watched things pick up speed. They even have an american pokemon designer now ( i want his life)
Things are happening faster than we expect and they are becoming things we dont expect.
I love it
One thing though i cannot see happening is a gen 4 sinnoh remale before gen 6 but the rest imo is possible including gen 6 coming before rse but i think that it will be more profitable. To drop an rse remake before then and use modified bw2 tiles

blue

gucci
Years
There are positives to a longer wait for RS remakes... graphics only get better over time, to see Hoenn like the image in my signature would be pretty cool and worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back