• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What made you smile/happy today?

Years
The smell of wild peace silk. It's quite natural and woody in character. I like it. I ordered these yards of fabric from a small business on Etsy to make a scarf or shawl out of, it and it's nice. The color is called spun honey. I was glad to find this because peace silk/ahimsa is made without killing the silk worms, so no harm was done to the environment. Worth a smile.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I surprised my mom for Mother's Day and she was really happy I made the trip to see her.

Years
This happened few days ago, but it resurfaced on my mind right now...

My gf wanted to try Pokémon GO, so she installed it, picked Bulbasaur as her starter and said Charmander is her least favourite, based on their design.

And then we both got shiny Marill.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I enjoyed reading all the different opinions on changes that should be made to the Forum Games section.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My fiancé is getting his second vaccine shot tomorrow! (。'▽'。)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Finished a colonoscopy. Dreaded this day for a solid month.
Medical procedures can be scary as fuck, even if they're completely routine. Speaking as someone who gets major anxiety over even the simplest of check ups, I'm proud of you! Your post made me happy. :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I had no idea what colonoscopy means, so I googled it.

ouch

it looks like Jimmy Kimmel had one

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
I had no idea what colonoscopy means, so I googled it.

ouch

it looks like Jimmy Kimmel had one
Watched the video of that now. Will add to it:

Spoiler: Spoilered for those who do not want to hear

- Warned against chugging the prep solution. Probably leads to nausea/vomitting, two common side effects. Worried about this due to suffering from gastrointestinal issues as is. (Led to said colonoscopy.) Managed okay, fortunately.

- Drank the prep solution (diluted to 16 ounces/~473 milliliters) plus two more 16 ounce glasses of clear liquids, all within two hours. Woke up at 3 AM to do this a second time too.

- Witnessed a parent deal with a different prep solution several years ago. Received a gallon-sized jug to mix it up in.

- Agrees on the vile taste. Describes it as weak grape Gatorade with a bitter edge. (Dislikes grape-flavored drinks.) Cut the taste down somewhat with Koolaid.

- Remembers almost nothing between starting the anesthesia and returning home. Apparently repeated questions and retold how another experience with anesthesia went. (Dealt with anesthesia once before. Removed some of the fear.)

- Received pictures from the colonoscopy. Could totally frame them. (Will not.)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
My ear is becoming unblocked. I've been nearly deaf in my left ear for a week because of fluid build up. Urgent Care gave me medicine to drain it out, finally it's getting a bit of air.

Back