• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Cheers mate, I'll keep looking too, you'll probably beat me to it again though:D

I'll probably talk to you tomorrow gabe, it's time for me to get some sleep now though:sleeping:

@Everybody:

Anybody find any bugs, let me know. There shouldn't be any because there are only a few lines of code:cool:

I just beat you to another thing :P, but I'll tell you tommorow.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Well, the thing gabe_k said he beat me to, was the location of the traded Pokémon's hold item...

I found it too though now, so I've updated the DP Trade Editor. Download the update in the main post!

Swampert 22

Years
I've updated the DP trade editor again, now you can change the ID number of the Pokémon you recieve. Download the update in the main post.

I want to say thanks to HackMew, who helped me out with reading the data of the number correctly. Thanks!

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, you're tools are AWESOME!!! But I wish you could get some more tools up for GSC...I know I've already ask, I just want to refresh everyone else here! Thanks!

codemonkey85

Software Developer
Years
Hello, great job on the utilities! I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I was just wondering, how plausible is it to create a program for the Pokémon games that graphically displays the trainer's Pokémon in a save file (in the storage system and party) and allows for organization/listing, etc. of said Pokémon?

I'm basically talking about recreating Professor Oak's Lab from the Pokémon Stadium games (well, preferably in the new style of the PC storage system where you grab and move the Pokémon on a grid-like setup, but either way).

The program would probably have to be compatible only with one game, but it would be pretty awesome if it were compatible with all of them somehow.

Basically everything that is necessary to do this is (I believe) in the Pokesav program, but naturally no one has the source code (except the maker). But you seem like the kind of guy (Swampert) who would know how to go about this... thoughts?

Swampert 22

Years
Hello, great job on the utilities! I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I was just wondering, how plausible is it to create a program for the Pokémon games that graphically displays the trainer's Pokémon in a save file (in the storage system and party) and allows for organization/listing, etc. of said Pokémon?

I'm basically talking about recreating Professor Oak's Lab from the Pokémon Stadium games (well, preferably in the new style of the PC storage system where you grab and move the Pokémon on a grid-like setup, but either way).

The program would probably have to be compatible only with one game, but it would be pretty awesome if it were compatible with all of them somehow.

Basically everything that is necessary to do this is (I believe) in the Pokesav program, but naturally no one has the source code (except the maker). But you seem like the kind of guy (Swampert) who would know how to go about this... thoughts?

Don't worry, you are in the right place! Welcome to PokéCommunity by the way, and I'm glad you like my tools.:classic:

What you're suggesting isn't that extreme. I understand that would be useful as a utility, but as far as hacking existing save games go, I have no experience, and to make a program compatible with all games would take some going.

Don't get me wrong, it is possible, but would take a lot of research and development. I'll see what I can find out when I get my other current projects done;)

Years
A tool that works on all games would be kind of pointless :/ Usually your just hacking one game. And a lot of stuff isn't possible, like mapping and scripting in diamond and pearl.

Swampert 22

Years
PokéEdit DP

Well, I have been busy lately...:D

May I present to you, my latest creation, PokéEdit DP.

PokEditDP.png

This program is able to edit the base stats and other information about all 493 Pokémon in Diamond and Pearl ROMs. I started work on it yesterday and finished it a couple of hours ago.

I made this program using thethethethe's tutorial for basic hex editing in Diamond and Pearl found here. I want to thank him for doing that tutorial, as without it I wouldn't have been able to make this!:cheeky:

Download the tool from the main post, and let me know what you think of it!

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
mmmm exellent work i'm very impressed 1 one day for this tool waw continue
dp hacking is advance.
i hope someone is able to make dp maps editor

Swampert 22

Years
I updated my tool this afternoon. I realised that this will more than likely be required to work on different language ROMs, so I added the offsets for the French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Korean ROMs.

If you need this update, just re-download the tool from the main post, I fixed the link. Enjoy!

Swampert 22

Years
Nice tool.
Finally a tool to put back my old Crystal Psychic/dark Mewtwo on the game.

Glad It will be useful to you!

I'm hoping to get my GSC trade editor up later today, so we'll have a full set of trade editors, as ZodiacDaGreat uploaded his GBA one yesterday!

Aren't all you hackers lucky with all these new tools...

Hacker01

I'm a hacking ma ROMZ!!!
Years
Wow, you have added lots more since the last time I looked. Good work on PokéEdit DP by the way, looks and works great (LOL it works with the Korean version)

I hope you release your GSC trade editor soon... ;)

Swampert 22

Years
TradeEd GSC

Wow, you have added lots more since the last time I looked. Good work on PokéEdit DP by the way, looks and works great (LOL it works with the Korean version)

I hope you release your GSC trade editor soon... ;)

Thanks, even Korean people may wish to hack games, you never know... You'll also be pleased to hear that we finally have a full set of trade editors with my latest tool, TradeEd GSC! :D

swamperttools_tool_TradeEdGSC.png

This little baby will edit all aspects of the trades in GSC versions, which you would expect from a trade editor of course. I also updated the trade editor for RBYG so that you can change the nickname of the Pokémon you recieve, download these two in the main post...:)

Please note that changing the nickname of Pokémon recieved in a Green ROM is not supported because, well it is in Japanese...

I want to give HackMew a shout here, he really is an ace guy, he helped me out loads with the workings of the text editing part of these two programs, without him, I would not have been able to complete these. Thanks HackMew! :t150:

Please let me know what you think and if you find any bugs or glitches. Enjoy!

Last edited:

HyruleKirby

I'm the Scatman
Years
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but in The Diamond Pearl Pokemon Editor, when try to make a normally genderless Pokemon, such as Mew, become female. The Pokemon becomes glitched like Missingno, due to it missing a female sprite.

Swampert 22

Years
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but in The Diamond Pearl Pokemon Editor, when try to make a normally genderless Pokemon, such as Mew, become female. The Pokemon becomes glitched like Missingno, due to it missing a female sprite.

Woah that's crazy, but does make sense. I'll look into editing out that glitch. Thanks for the heads up :)

Well, I don't like to double post, but I don't really have any option as people don't seem to like posting in my thread :'( It gets loads of hits but I get hardly any comments, you know, I am open to even constructive critisism, any acknoledgement of your work is nice, but oh well...

I just wanted to say that I have corrected the glitch found by HyruleKirby, so that for now, it is not possible to give a gender to a genderless Pokémon, this should hopefully clear up any glitched graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back