• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ughhh, for some reason some characters got broke on my website. Anyway, try it again. Should be no problems with that now.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Ughhh, for some reason some characters got broke on my website. Anyway, try it again. Should be no problems with that now.

Ok so it is fixed now. But now this happened, and idk if it is related to your battle system of Gen 6 Beta.

Spoiler:

Happened when I used Tail Whip. Didn't show animation or msgs but continues battle.

korjamer

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
After the attempted or successful capture of a trainer's shadow pokemon the UI doesn't zoom back out.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Upon entering battle and sending out my first Pokemon, I am greeted with this error: This was against an Abomasnow, which I am assuming this happened because of something that was changed in relation to the field effects showing?

Spoiler:

Along with this, when going into the menu to select an attack command:

Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ok so it is fixed now. But now this happened, and idk if it is related to your battle system of Gen 6 Beta.
Upon entering battle and sending out my first Pokemon, I am greeted with this error: This was against an Abomasnow, which I am assuming this happened because of something that was changed in relation to the field effects showing?
Mmm, yeah, no. I'm using vanilla Essentials 15.1 and there is no such thing as pbDisplayEffect in the scripts. So that has nothing to do with my system, and a whole bunch to do with whatever custom scripts you're using. I only guarantee stock Essentials compatibility. Any other things you do to it, is your problem.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Along with this, when going into the menu to select an attack command:
Do try to keep up with the thread. The issue is already fixed.

____________________________________________________________________________________
After the attempted or successful capture of a trainer's shadow pokemon the UI doesn't zoom back out.
I completely forgot that there is such a thing as Shadow Pokemon. Don't worry, I'll look into the shadow Pokemon support, alongside the Safari Zone and some animation player kinks, and will release the fixes in the next substantial update.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ok, so I have fixed up the AnimationPlayer again, so be sure to get the new script for it. I've also updated the Battle and Scene of the system, to take into account shadow Pokemon. So catching them now, will not leave behind a visual mess.

I have also added another little feature (which comes in the new Battle and Scene scripts) that allows you to turn the endspeech of Trainers into an array, where the first field will be the endspeech, and the second will be the dialogue they speak during the battle. This only works for single Trainer battles though, so keep that in mind.
be05a7617d64a9a2e4064ccba53d4f11.png
Example on how to use it
Code:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL1,"Test",["Not too shabby","It's not over yet!"],false)

Last edited:
Years
Ok, so I have fixed up the AnimationPlayer again, so be sure to get the new script for it. I've also updated the Battle and Scene of the system, to take into account shadow Pokemon. So catching them now, will not leave behind a visual mess.

I have also added another little feature (which comes in the new Battle and Scene scripts) that allows you to turn the endspeech of Trainers into an array, where the first field will be the endspeech, and the second will be the dialogue they speak during the battle. This only works for single Trainer battles though, so keep that in mind.
be05a7617d64a9a2e4064ccba53d4f11.png
Example on how to use it
Code:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL1,"Test",["Not too shabby","It's not over yet!"],false)
the scene script seems to cause a syntax error on line 398

this is the def
the red line is line 398
Code:
def pbCommandMenu(index)
    if [email protected] && @battle.opponent && @battle.midspeech!="" && [email protected]_done
      [email protected]
      [email protected][1]
      if @battle.party2.length>1
        [email protected](@battle.party2)
        canspeak=(val==1) ? true : false
      else
        canspeak=(pokemon.hp oldhp
        pbCommonAnimation("HealthUp",pkmn,nil)
     [COLOR="Red"] elsif pkmn.hp < oldhp[/COLOR]
        pbCommonAnimation("HealthDown",pkmn,nil)
      end
    end
    sprite=@sprites["battlebox#{pkmn.index}"]
    sprite.animateHP(oldhp,pkmn.hp)
    while sprite.animatingHP
      animateBattleSprites
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      sprite.update
    end
  end

Last edited:
Years
My site sometimes breaks whole chunks of code around the "<" or ">" signs. I reuploaded the script. But since I've added a little something extra, it requires you to get the Scene, AnimationPlayer, UI, Sprite scripts.
Spoiler:

yo thanks for quickly adding the new and updated stuff. This script is honestly so great! 10/10
and i wish i could find out the "Super Secret Stuff" but tbh i have rarely even worked on my game so i havnt tested many battles to figure it out

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
My site sometimes breaks whole chunks of code around the "<" or ">" signs. I reuploaded the script. But since I've added a little something extra, it requires you to get the Scene, AnimationPlayer, UI, Sprite scripts.
Spoiler:

It is a idle effect! I wanna my cookie :D Also great updates dude. :)

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
I have a problem is it supposed to look like this?
Spoiler:

Do i have them in the right spots?
I keep getting this message
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I have a problem is it supposed to look like this?
Do i have them in the right spots?
There are 6 script sections, not 5. Don't replace any of the existing scripts with mine - plug them in.
Copy and paste the scripts into your game, above Main, but make sure that the following script sections stay above your newly copied scripts:
  • PokeBattle_AnimationPlayer
  • PokeBattle_ActualScene
  • PokeBattle_Battle
  • PSystem_Utilities
Pretty self explanatory...

Last edited:

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
ok but now i get this
Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
ok but now i get this
Spoiler:

Your PokeBattle_DynamicBattle is obvously not below PokeBattle_Battle.

Also, I fixed a potential visual mishap when using an item during the "idle animations". Battle and Scene is what you want.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Upon updating my game with the recent script update, I was greeted with this argument error: This error appears, whenever I am running around in grass, and try to encounter a Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
You have custom scripts that are interfering with the battle system, and I'm assuming those are the gen 6 beta files. But because I'm such a swell guy, and magically know how the universe works, I've reworked some things in the Battle script to allow for your changes.

EDIT:
I have just taken a peek at the gen 6 project, and I think that I have included a compatibility fix for the Ability Messages. Get the Scene script.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
You have custom scripts that are interfering with the battle system, and I'm assuming those are the gen 6 beta files. But because I'm such a swell guy, and magically know how the universe works, I've reworked some things in the Battle script to allow for your changes.

EDIT:
I have just taken a peek at the gen 6 project, and I think that I have included a compatibility fix for the Ability Messages. Get the Scene script.

It worked as expected. I am not very familiar with how the Weather Message appears in the normal Gen 6 Project (if the changes you made affected it like this at all), but there is some start up lag upon the message appearing, again not that it really mattered. But, that is not really a big deal, as it all worked as it was intended. For all I know that was probably just the weather effect causing the start up lag.

Last edited:
Years
Back