• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
I've been used to having bezels on my cellphones so notches will take some getting used to.

There's something wrong with phone prices these days and the day where cellphones cost $2000 will be a very sad day indeed. ;-;

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
If you don't want notches on phones, then the alternative is having bezels at the top of the phone. The sensors have to be somewhere on the phone, after all.

I am not surprised that other manufacturers would follow up with similar designs after Apple made bezel-less displays 'trendy' with the iPhone X.

I prefer having a tiny bit thicker bezel rather than having a black line in the middle of my screen if I have to be honest. Borderless phones are beautiful but if this has to be the end result, then no thanks.

This is something that I like much much more, this is the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. Sure, the front camera placement is a bit odd, but I think that if you need to take a selfie you can just use it upside down to fix this problem; and if you're wondering where is the front speaker, it's inside the phone.
Spoiler:

Years
So right now I am locked on getting a Moto G and I need opinions.

Should I just go for it and get the Moto G5 Plus right now knowing that the Moto G6 line is around the corner, or wait for the G6 to come out and get it when it does?

Not trying to replace my iPhone (despite its currently-flawed screen), but to rather replace my aged Moto G3 and have a backup phone handy.

Last edited:

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
So right now I am locked on getting a Moto G and I need opinions.

Should I just go for it and get the Moto G5 Plus right now knowing that the Moto G6 line is around the corner, or wait for the G6 to come out and get it when it does?

Not trying to replace my iPhone (despite its currently-flawed screen), but to rather replace my aged Moto G3 and have a backup phone handy.

The Moto G6 has a better battery and larger screen so it'll be a good choice if the price difference isn't too much of a concern. :P

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I'll probably inquire into coming back, but I'm thinking I'll hold out until I'm done school, especially now that I just got my first programming job and I'm super excited about it.

...I'll also need a new username. Good luck trying to type this one out :P

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Finally cleaned out the inside of my mouse. Scroll wheel works like brand new again. Just got another 2-3 years out of this mouse because of it, ha!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Also Goo Gone works wonders for cleaning sticky surfaces too :>

I love me some Goo Gone. Always have a bottle on hand.

Speaking of, this reminded me I need to use it to clean my mirror.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I love me some Goo Gone. Always have a bottle on hand.
i always called it goo-be-gone, or gooby gone, lol. i need some, i don't have any :( gooby gone pls

i would really like to enjoy some new technology these days, but i really can't say i have reason to. i already have a wonderful ThinkPad X1 Yoga so I can enjoy OLED, my Xperia phone does plenty and i really just need to RMA it for its bent frame, my desktop is still running a Core i3-6100 but it has an RX 460 which is more than enough, the old Core 2 Quad desktop runs as a file server, and there's nothing else i could buy that isn't totally frivolous. most of the things i'd like to get to tinker with would be absurdly expensive, at least in the thousands, so yeah thats not happening lol

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I'm still wanting to do a PC build, but I'm waiting for the prices of GPUs to come down. I could buy a prebuilt for cheaper, even with the trash Canadian dollar, but building a PC is much more satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back