• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I hate the Dream World so much I wish it would burn to ashes

Do you like the Dream World?

• Total voters
Years
I don't really mind the Dream World being relatively 'inaccessible", all that much. I mean, I don't use Wireless Internet, so I was never able to do Wifi Battles, Trades, etc, and while having the opportunity to do so would be fun, I really only care about the content of the game itself, when it comes down to it. I have mixed feelings about the dream world, I think it shook up the competitive metagame a bit more than it can handle, while on the other hand, it definitely resulted in some Pokemon being extremely fun to use as well as being the reason for the creation of some interesting new abilities. Even if I were able to use the Dream World, I probably wouldn't bother trying for the Pokemon there, it just seems like a hassle I hardly play B/W as is ; it's just not something I really find interesting.

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
It is quite annoying to have to log so much time into these insufferable minigames just to find a female vulpix with drought. It seems to be a scrambling attempt to add content to the game, and I can't help but compare this to the same tedious nature of facebook games like farmville.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
I might get flamed for this but I like the Dream World, it's more things to do yeah it's outside of the cart but I find it pretty fun. The only thing I don't like is how if you get a few pokes from your trip you only can take one :( It's hard to choose sometimes, and I honestly think it was a neat idea to have hidden abilities most only obtainable via dream world.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
Years
The minigames are repetitive enough to give me a headache, but the idea itself isn't too bad. (I'm happier with it now I actually have Wi-Fi) I liked the Pokéwalker, and this is similar. And at least the games are a bit more varied than the Poké Radar and Dowsing on the 'walker are.

flubbateios

I collect DW's but I don't take joy in using the DW, anyways it's so complicated and increative.

Years
I would have appreciated it more if they made it a side-game you could access through the DS when you're connected up to WiFi. Like maybe a mini PMD multiplayer session.

HotaruSobotka

PENS BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!
Years
Okay, now that I've actually gotten the darn thing to sync... (got on while listening to the St Louis Blues game)

The design is cute, but it's too much of a pain to do every day. Plus, you can only do it ONCE a day, which sorely limits what you can do.

Mixed feelings of my part.

Soul Eater

→ w e a p o n.
Years
I wasn't even ever totally sure how the Dream World even worked, because didn't it require wifi? I remember there was a reason why I couldn't even use it, so I didn't bother. It was upsetting because it seemed like a neat feature, and so many people were talking about it, but I was kind of out of the loop for it. The website didn't work too well during the time I tried to look into either, I think I just gave up in the end. xD;

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I just worked around the DW restrictions by having time to do something else. Besides, I think one can do pretty much everything within 1 hour, since activities are limited and will run out sooner or later. I think DW as is is pretty OK, but having the restrictions lifted would be a nice thing.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
If it not for the Pokemon with hidden ability, I would not ever touched them again
It is a barren place of sheer boredom. You spend your precious on hour hoping to find your target pokemon with certain hidden abilities by pure luck. In the end you could get nothing at all. Not too mention that you can bring back only 1 pokemon. It seems that you forced to do this over and over again.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Got my lovely beautiful female Ninetales with Drought. Dream World couldn't be much nicer :)

Pingouin_7

You guys dislike the Dream World because it deprives you of berries unless you use your computer.
However, you'd be using your computer anyway even without the Dream World.
How much does it hurt to log on and sync to the Dream World?
I can understand for those who don't have Wi-Fi access on their DS, though.

Also, I would say the majority should be hating on the fact they cannot get berries without Dream World, not about the PDW itself.
Otherwise, you'd be hating pretty much the only thing that gives you access to said item.

What's the point in a GLOBAL link if everything distributed is region locked? I can't even get half the C-Gear skins.
I couldn't access the Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise C-Gear skins because I live in Canada.
Did you know what I did to fix that?
I told the Global Link I lived in the United Kingdom.

Give it a try, it's not as bad as it sounds.
On the downside, you lose access to anything that would normally only be available for your home country.

You honestly think that's an issue? Adding an item that can be activated, or a location in the game that lets you encounter Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities set is so simple that even a novice could program it in without causing any problems to the game.

if (special_item_is_active) or (location = special_location);
[set the flag that determines hidden abilities to on]

Two lines of code you can add at the part where the game generates a new Pokémon in a random battle.
That is wrong on so many levels...

Last edited:

Goblinaro

[Insert creative title here]
Years
I completely agree with you, Amachi. It's just too much of a hassle for me, especially with college being as crazy as it is. It's got a good idea, but it shouldn't have been done through a medium differing from that of the game itself.

Kitsune Genetica

Tea and crumpets!
Years
I don't hate it per se. It's a good effort by Nintendo to add some metagame content. My problem is that it's way too convoluted to get into- it's almost not worth the effort for a random Pokemon with a special ability. That will probably not be suitable for a viable battling party.

tl;dr it's too detatched from the actual game to be of any use.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
Years
I'm very unimpressed with the Dream World. I was so excited for it to come out and it's just a huge disappointment to me. Really, I mean... it's just so boring and the mini games aren't any fun at all. The one Pokemon per twenty-four hours thing is a real pain in the butt and inconvenience. I wasn't able to figure out how to send my birthday Togekiss to my game during my birth month either, but that's more or less my own fault. :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
I actually like Dream World, but this is due to many personal reasons, e.g. Having only 1 DS and no people nearby that use a DS means that I can get hold of Pokemon in my copy of White that I normally couldn't get in there.

Plus it doesn't matter to me moving out of the game, onto my laptop, i do other things, it becomes part of my online routine and as for berries, I don't care about berries, I never used them is Hoenn, Sinnoh so Unova getting berries from the dream world is no biggie.

Tbh it isn't an essential part of the game and you don't have to use it, so if you don't like it don't.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I think that the dream world is a better addition to the series than the Pokewalker personally. It's very easy to access and doesn't require an extra device. Not to mention, getting Pokemon with special abilities is a very good offer.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
I love the Dream World.
The only thing I don't like is not being able to choose what area you go to and the 24 hour penalty that you get.

Back