• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soar

n00b
Years
Username:Soar
Game:Fire Red

Optional:

You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
You must change the battle style to SET.

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Pokemon Pearl Nuzlocke

Update 1

Name: Toru (Furuya)
Rival: Shuichi (Ikeda)
Starter: Char ♂ the Chimchar, Modest

-Lila Milla evolved to Kricketune on Route 204

Nothing much happened as I haven't "played" much. At least story wise. I spent some time training my team to their 10s. I really didn't have any luck as I encountered Starly when I had no Poke Balls, so I have Bidoof on my team now. Why did they have to make it so bad. Rattata and Zigzagoon were way better. Or maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, since it's hard to train, it'll end up as a PokeShield or get boxed really soon.

I'm currently in Jublife City. I gave the Parcel to Shuichi and defeated some brats at the school. I also defeated some trainers on route 204. My team is now ready to proceed I guess. I had the luck to lose once against the first Youngster. Had to restart the whole game because of his weak Starly. If only I didn't train that Bidoof. I switched Char and Starly got a critical on it. Since it's a no items run, that was pretty bad.

Encounter
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
Update 5

I trained up in the outer areas of Pinwheel Forest, till i knew i was strong enough to defeat Lenora without any hassles but unfortunately nothing really goes my way and Pyro died but luckily I did not really care. I battled team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest, then took the unnecessarily long trip along the Skyarrow Bridge then arrived at Castelia City healed my Pokemon, reunited the three dancers and went forward to Route 4 caught a Sandile and nicknamed it Snappy. I trained my Pokemon a little bit and defeated team Plasma, and got my third badge. Both my rivals then asked me to battle and I defeated both of them with no casualties to my team and traveled to the desert Resort and caught a Darumaka nicknamed it Hothead. Battled some trainers and Splinter and Snappy evolved journeyed to Nimbasa City battled all the trainers in the gym and saved it before elesa.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thoughts as of yet.
Finally I have some good Pokemon Splinter, Snappy and WhamShell are pretty good they are destroying everyone, I honestly have hardly used Hothead but his attack stat looks quite impressive So I'm excited to see how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
I gotta be more consistent with these updates! Anyway, here are the latest episodes:

Engrish Emerald:
Episode 15:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Fqu_Tv3L8

Episode 16:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKUBZMDilsA

Things are really starting to get intense here, hopefully we'll survive Norman, but you know we probably won't!

Vietnamese Crystal:
Episode 15:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ysMnJefLSk

Episode 16:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDP-cTWwJU4

Somewhat filler episodes, but hopefully it'll be the deciding factor that keeps us from getting completely massacred later on!

Last edited:

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
Not too much to report. In middle of training team for Blaine. All ready have the key for the gym so its just a matter of getting the team ready. Ember took down the Articuno in two hits were headed to the Power Plant to take down Zapdos now as part of training. Tintin was a loss after I caught him on Route 21 I lost him shortly afterwards in the Mansion. That's also where I lost Ella.

Team:
Ember the Charmeleon Lv. 45
Alex the Aerodactyl Lv. 30
Hank the Hypno Lv. 31
Malik the Gyrados Lv. 46
Victor the Electrode Lv. 45
Sid the Snorlax Lv 45

Deaths:
RIP Ella the Exeggcute Lv. 24-41
RIP Tintin the Tangela Lv. 22
RIP Mickey the Mankey Lv. 5-21
RIP Gigi the Geodude Lv. 7-18
RIP Nora the Nidoran F Lv 6-10
RIP Shaw the Pidgey Lv. 2-17
RIP Dede the Dugtrio Lv 15-31
RIP Mickey the Mankey Lv 5-21
RIP Gem the Gastly to a Goldeen Lv. 16-22
RIP Penny the Pidgeotto Pokemon Lv. 18-27
RIP Marina the Persiononair Lv. 24-36
RIP Rick the Ryhorn Lv. 26-31
RIP Pera the Pidgeot Lv. 27-36
RIP Harry the Hitmonchan Lv 25-45

Boxed Pokemon:
William the Beedrill
Chris the Butterfree
Laragh the Lapras
Vina the Veronat
Venus the Vulpix
Rachel the Rattata
Kain the Krabby
Dan the Dodou
Rani the Raticate
Gigi the Grimer
Diana the Dewgong
Mashini the Magnimite (SHINY!)

ETA: A quick update to add this. So I was playing through the Power Plant and a Magnemite pop's up. No big deal. Just a Magnemite right? Than I hear a twinkle and I notice a fading yellow star. I take a closer look at it and my jaw drops. It wasn't just any Magnemite. It was a SHINY Magnemite. To say the least this guy is getting stuffed in the Box so I can't lose him despite every fiber of my being saying to use him and I am now researching a way to transfer him to my main game from a Rom.

shinymagnemite.png

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Pokemon Pearl Nuzlocke

Update 2

-Shuichi easily defeated
-Char evolves to Monferno on Route 203
-Roark defeated by Char (Lv. 15, Mach Punch spam) & Reccoa (Lv. 15, Magnitude spam)

Spent ~2 hours grinding in Oreburgh Mine until I got Reccoa to Lv. 15, and then I wanted to train the others to Lv. 15, but since Char evolved at Lv. 14 and learned Mach Punch, I saw no need to train others as Char and Reccoa would be the only ones to do something against Roark. Thankfully I got Rock Smash so Reccoa had easy time beating other Geodudes and Onyxes. But it nearly got killed by an Onyx who used Bind while Reccoa had only 8 HP. Thankfully she was freed at 2 HP.

If I'm not mistaken, the next gym uses Grass Pokemon, so I'll be safe I guess. With Lila Milla and Char, losing is not an option!

Encounter
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
Nothing exciting to report. I did pick up a Volcano Badge (courtesy of Malik wiping Blaine's team out) and an Earth Badge (again courtesy of Malik teamed up with my most recent addition Hank the Hypno). Only one loss since the last update sadly, I lost Harry the Hitmonchan to Zapdos. I am just starting into Victory Road before I decided to quit for the night I'll probably have the challenge wrapped up by week's end.

Team:
Ember the Charizard Lv. 51
Alex the Aerodactyl Lv. 50
Hank the Hypno Lv. 50
Malik the Gyrados Lv. 53
Victor the Electrode Lv. 50
Sid the Snorlax Lv 50

Deaths:
RIP Marina the Persiononair Lv. 24-36

Boxed Pokemon:
William the Beedrill
Chris the Butterfree
Laragh the Lapras
Vina the Veronat
Venus the Vulpix
Rachel the Rattata
Kain the Krabby
Dan the Dodou
Rani the Raticate
Gigi the Grimer
Diana the Dewgong
Orion the Onix
Fin the Fearow
And Some Pokemon I caught on Mt. Ember that I am blanking on

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
Well I did it. I took a HUGE risk by taking an underleveled team in for the Elite Four Challenge. But with the use of thinking and items they all fell to my team.

proofofleague.png

proofofleague2.png

Best part is? By some miracle I managed to get through without losing a team member. Oh sure there were close calls yes. But did I actually lose anyone? No. The team you see above is alive and well after taking on the E4.

Pokemon: 27
Deaths: 16

Team:
Ember the Charizard Lv. 55
Alex the Aerodactyl Lv. 53
Hank the Hypno Lv. 55
Malik the Gyrados Lv. 55
Victor the Electrode Lv. 56
Sid the Snorlax Lv 53

Deaths:
RIP Marina the Persion Lv. 13-36
RIP Drake the Dragonair Lv. 24-36

Boxed Pokemon:
William the Beedrill
Chris the Butterfree
Laragh the Lapras
Vina the Veronat
Venus the Vulpix
Rachel the Rattata
Kain the Krabby
Dan the Dodou
Rani the Raticate
Gigi the Grimer
Diana the Dewgong
Orion the Onix
Fin the Fearow
Mike the Machoke

I'll be starting up my SS playthrough soon though that will take longer since I am writing a story to accompany it. Also plan for me to do a Nuzlocke through Leaf Green again at a later point for said story along with it.

So here's a new app for the rest of my Nuzlockes:

Username: Star Girl
Games: Leaf Green (Second time through), Emerald, Black, and Diamond

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2014
Username pokemaniac007
Game FireRed

Optional Rules
You may only use PokéBalls.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
You may not heal outside the use of Pokémon Centres and moves such as Softboiled.
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.

Current Team - Charla the charmander (RIP)

Pokemon - 1 Dead - 0

1st Run Epic Fail. 2nd Run starting now :/ name Krimson same firered game

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Name : Pokemonfreek24
Game: Crystal
Rules: No healing putside of Pokecenters/healing moves
only 10 Balls Per Mart
only Pokeballs

EDIT
Died for a third time
cba now might try again later

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
Update 6

Ok I'm sorry this update is going to summaries a bit and really badly cause i can not remember when certain Pokemon died or in which order i caught some Pokemon. I battled Elesa and defeated her first two Emolgas with Snappy and Splinter but they were low on health cause god those things were quick and irritating. So i had to fight her Zebstrika with WhamShell, he was going to win but that lucky Zebra got a critical hit. I then sent out Snappy and the zebra killed him as well, lucky splinter held out for me and i won the badge. I then healed up what little Pokemon i had left and ventured off thinking **** i will die pretty soon. I journeyed on and battled those two preschoolers with Cheren, kind of unfair battling preschoolers but whatever. I did that and then got the Bridge lowered, I needed a new Pokemon specifically a water type so i caught a Ducklett and named it Taylor, cause Taylor Swift and B.O.B both of us was playing and i like the name taylor. When I arrived at Driftveil i went down to the cold storage and i caught a Vanillite and i named it Vanilla. I defeated team Plasma battled Clay for my badge and won with no causalities, with some help from Vanilla. I then went to route 6 and caught a Deerling and named it bambi cause it seemed kind of obvious. I then cleared the way to Chargestone cave caught a klink and named it Sterling. I saved the game and stoped playing till right now. Also sorry some where in the middle of all that Hothead evolved.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thoughts as of yet.
Well since 50% of my team was wiped out in one battle so I decided to catch everything i saw till my team filled up which is good because interestingly enough the Pokemon i caught are all Pokemon i have never actually used any of them before which is quite good i have used the Timburr line a little but never this much so this is basically a clean slate team for me which is exciting.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Hey look i died again

So i got +2 ATK on rockington with X Attack when
Clefairy Used Metronome
Clefairy used Waterfall
Its Super Effective!
Rockington Fainted

fffffFUK needles to say rattus Killed it but Miltank raped Rattus and fluttershy
Jesus is it this hard to nuzelocke johto? Haydunn did it in heartgold do i just suck?

Last edited:

Soar

n00b
Years
Sorry I've been busy [Lazy] lately and haven't had an update, so here goes.

-Named myself Soar
-Named my Rival Gary
-Chose Bulbasaur
-Destroyed my rival
-Caught Pidgey(Fly*****), Mankey(Fist Bump), and Rattata(Georgie)
-Took on Rival By victory Road, Mankey died.
-Killed Kakuna in Viridian Forest
-Beat Brock.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Finally, I have had time to progress on this challenge. Not a huge update though. But, on a side note, there was no deaths this update! I need a fire type DESPERATELY. I screwed up one of my few chances for a fire type at pokemon mansion.
  • Spikey pretty much took care of Koga's gym with pin missile against the psychic types and shock wave against the poison types. Plant was switched in when ever there was a koffing/wheezing (I have a fear of selfdestruct)
  • Went to route 21, started surfing, and bypassed most trainers
  • Arrived at Cinnabar Island
  • Revived Omanyte from helix fossil (I wanted a kabutos)
  • Killed a growlithe I was trying to catch (Swimmy's body slam scored a crit on it. Needless to say, I was mad.)
Current Team
Spoiler:

Encounters
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

Deceased
Spoiler:

Aside from me screwing up catching a growlithe, this was a good update. Hooray for no deaths! My next update should land me at the E4.

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
Name: ytfeL (Crow)
Game: Black
Rules:
No dupes.
Only pokeballs
Blackout is game over, period.
Nickname all pokemon.
All gym/rival/E4 battles if you want to use a healing item you must first flip a coin, if tails you cannot use the item.
All gym/rival/E4 battles the player must draw a card to see what attack his/her pokemon uses following this system: Spade/top left Heart/top right Club/bottom left Diamond/bottom right

I am going with a game of thrones theme this time around and want to make it crazy. I already feel like I am going to hate these rules but I wanted something different. I will keep you posted on the insanity that insues. >.>

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Hello everyone... I doubt anyone remembers me but I was a Nuzlocker from the older threads. If you want to update the OP with my name under Black/White and R/S/E, that would be great. Anyhow, I've started a new Platinum Nuzlocke, currently up to Hearthome City. I'll do an update later.

Name: Zaroas
Game: Platinum
Rules:
No duplicate Pokemon
Nickname all Pokemon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Username: pat20cool
Game: LeafGreen

Optional rules:
1.You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
2.A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
3.You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.

Update 1

-Started with Squirtle Lvl5, (KoopaTroop) Pallet Town.
-Caught Pidgey Lvl3, Ned Route 1.
-Caught Rattata Lvl4, LARRY Route 22.
-Killed Rattata Lvl 4, Route 2.
-Caught Weedle Lvl4, Beechillin Viridian Forest.
-Evolved Beechillin Lvl8, Viridian Forest.
-Defeated Brock.

Team - Level 12 KoopaTroop. Level 9 LARRY. Level 9 Ned. Level 8 Beechillin.
P.C. - None

Last edited:

Midnyte

Pokerus Failure, Newish PCer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
This is my first challenge, so let's hope I can do it! :3
Username: Midnyte
Game: Platinum

Optional rules I'm using: No duplicates, nickname all Pokemon, a black/whiteout is game over even if there are Pokemon in the PC

(Pokemon Hard Mode is hilarious beyond rational thought. I like the one where Hilbert hangs himself xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back