• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patchisou Yutohru.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Do you prefer long and somewhat confusing usernames which take (most people) a while to learn and pronounce or shorter and simpler ones?

edit: might as well as expand this a bit. What kind of usernames do you like in general?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I like my username more than anyone else's. Ausaudriel being a close second.

My username is easy to pronounce, though. It's pronounced Patch-ee-sue You-toe-roo.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like names like mine. Usernames that could probably pass as a name itself (but not always), haha. Some of my favorites are Kaori, Klippy, Aerilyn, Requility, Marz, just short stuff like that basically. I don't tend to like usernames with more than one word, even though I myself came here with one. SilverSmeargleSplatter. That's a fun one, isn't it? I still like it though, don't get me wrong haha. It was fun. :D

This thread title is hot btw.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'd prefer a shorter username, that doesn't mean anything. I like mine but it's very long and fierce. So something around 3 or syllables is usually nice. 3 usually being the best. I like words that look nice too. Some letters look better than others put next to one another. O is an ugly letter, so is m. Stuff like that. I would have liked to have been more typographic in choosing mine but oh we'll.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I usually pick my usernames based on things that relate to me personally. For example, my current username has something to do with my real full name (which I am not revealing xD), and it coincidentally also sounds like the real English word 'synergy', which is a rather nice word with a cool meaning, I must say. :D Basically, my chosen username must represent me in a way, and I must not feel weird wearing that username around.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I usually like usernames that are 3-4 syllables long. It's the perfect medium between being not too short and not too long, or at least that's how I look at it. I also prefer single word usernames to those that use multiple words/names together. That being said, there was a time when my username was Let's Get Lost Together. I liked the creativity of it, but I just felt like after a time, it was too long. Speaking of creativity, usernames that have that special meaning or significance is something I look for in a name.

Gavin also makes a good note that some letters look nicer together than others. I'll admit, there is a slight aesthetics factor when it comes to choosing a username for myself.

A few examples of my favorite usernames on PC, mines included, would be Ausuadriel, Abnegation, Logiedan, Sylphiel, and Sydian. The latter name being one I had for a short time. Good times, right Syd? :p

A username a certain someone once had and I liked mostly for its appearance was, Abercrombie. Which is sort of ironic, given the name in of itself.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I prefer simple usernames. I usually prefer them to be one word, two at most and not too long, but I also like to be creative with them, I like having names that make people interested but are also pleasant sounding, or a "pretty" name. Some unique ones Ive seen are Forever, Requility, Ausadriel and Sylphiel. I really like unique names such as those.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I like one-worded usernames better than two or more-worded but I still like Leaf Storm though!, no matter how long or how short, as long as it doesn't have an underscore or a space or even numbers, I'm alright with it. lol Usually I prefer capitalized names than lower cases. Usually names that relate to my themes or my interests come to my head. lol

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i like my usernames..i don't care about the length i just like weird,funny,mystrious user names..

i also like the kind of names that is same twice..something like Horu Horu or Chi Chi chubby chubby lol it's so cool makes me lol :3..ohh! i should really try something like that :P

Years
I don't usually like long usernames cos then I'd need a nickname to be referred by. I chose this name cos it's pretty simple and it has a nice ring to it. I don't mind underscores or numbers.

Some of my fave usernames I've seen here include Ausaudriel, Sylphiel, Morkula, Aerilyn, Toujours, Patchisou Yutohru, Cirno, Hiroshi Sotomura, Ayselipera, Drummershuff, Chairman Kaga, Frostweaver, Sydian, Logiedan and BinaryPeaches.

(Yeah most staff and ex-staff have such cool names)

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
It took me two years to learn how to spell Nick's username off by heart :( I had to go all the way to the forum leaders and copy+paste it from there whenever I wanted to reference him :( NICK WHY DID YOU GO ALL WEEABOO WHEN CHOOSING YOUR FINAL USERNAME

I don't mind long usernames at all, I think they're classy, as long as they're not obnoxiously long or composed of unattractive words. My favorite usernames are the ones I can quickly turn into nicknames for when I can't be bothered typing them out, though. It gives me a sense of familiarity that I thoroughly enjoy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I prefer simple usernames of 1/2 words, if they're english that certainly makes them easier to remember too :P

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I like my usernames short and not too confusing. With the exception of my current alias of course, which is simply but confusing to people that don't know the reference.

No decorative x's or i's or stupid **** like that. Proper English and Spacing. Nothing else.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I hate long usernames, it's annoying. It must be so annoying always logging in with a long username. Idk.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I don't like long usernames.It should be short and easy to remember.

...My username however is probably one of the worst.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Names that are combinations of actual words, or at least, the name is phonetic. That way it's easy to remember and you can actually type it. Random numbers/letters just put me off in terms of messaging those people lol.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I prefer unique, medium-length names (despite my name being short, ugly and based off a kpop band, but you know) such as Ayselipera, which is one of my favorite I've ever seen, right behind Ausaudriel and Sylphiel. I love names that have a sort of smooth twang at the end like '-el.' Of course, I can never come up with unique names that have that kind of style so it's irrelevant either way. D:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I like unique names that aren't too long (unlike several people here I don't find mine to be long. Anything longer than Nick's would be too long imo). Two words is usually the max I would consider to be a really nice username, honestly. I'm too lazy to think of usernames that I really like but they are out there, haha.

Back