• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
@ChaosRush

I just wanted to say thanks very much for this amazing resource you have so generously provided! I found the 5th gen backsprites particularly hard to sort out and yet you've done them all and two other whole generations! Thanks again, Bozster

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Quote:
If it's not for the DS Style 64x64 Sprite Resource why have you posted it to the
64x64 DS Style resource. If you know Chaos Rush wouldn't accept it, again why
would you post it. I just don't get it. Put this somewhere else then!

I posted it just if anyone wanted to use it.

Just look at my lugia and ho-oh sprites,
they weren't accepted, but they hace like 50 something.
And I still kept them up!

Anyways even if its not for the DS styled 64x64 sprite resource, whats wrong with doing it?
I mean its not like its illegal.

We have a resources thread for that. This is not the place to post things not for this project. Please move that image to the resources thread. It is essentially spam.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I posted it just if anyone wanted to use it.

Just look at my lugia and ho-oh sprites,
they weren't accepted, but they hace like 50 something.
And I still kept them up!

Anyways even if its not for the DS styled 64x64 sprite resource, whats wrong with doing it?
I mean its not like its illegal.
This isn't your thread to show off your sprites in. This is my thread, and it is where I show off my sprites (and some contributors), and to provide a resource to ROM hackers. This is not the "CoolGamer920's Sprite Showcase" thread.

OK, I think it's about time I gave something back to this great resource. Unfortunately, most the ones I've done you already have on here, so I'll just post some you don't seem to have yet. Here are some previews:
View attachment 69685
View attachment 69682
View attachment 69683
View attachment 69684

Disclaimer: Skarmory front sprite isn't mine; I got it from here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284264
Sorry but there are so many rules that you seemed to have ignored with your submission, such as how I only want the front and back, no shines, and how you didn't resize the backsprites for some, you just cropped them. Please read the Helping Guidelines that I linked to in my signature. Also I already have sprites for some of your submissions, such as Glalie. (EDIT: sorry if I'm coming off as rude, I do appreciate all people wanting to help regardless :) )

Last edited:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
@ChaosRush

Ah, sorry, must have missed your guidelines...
The attached readme did say which ones I was actually submitting and which ones I was hoping you'd ignore, but I suppose I should've just separated them in the first place. I don't see the issue with cropping sprites instead of resizing them but whatever you say. Anyway, I hope the ones that were up to your high standards were useful - do you want me to resubmit them then?

If so, please could you specify which were acceptable and I'll re-upload them in the correct format straight away.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
@ChaosRush

Ah, sorry, must have missed your guidelines...
The attached readme did say which ones I was actually submitting and which ones I was hoping you'd ignore, but I suppose I should've just separated them in the first place. I don't see the issue with cropping sprites instead of resizing them but whatever you say.

I personally don't understand why you'd upload ones you wanted ignored.
Cropping sprites instead of resizing them changes proportions etc. I used to crop as well, but since
helping out here especially, I see how much better resized ones are. Sure it's more effort but its worth it.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
What I mean is I uploaded front sprites along with back sprites on the same image and I couldn't be bothered to remove the ugly backsprites so I asked that they be ignored. And cropping doesn't actually mess up the proportions if you do it correctly :). Besides, I find it far more satisfying than meticulously fixing a badly resized image and it looks good anyway - check this out if you don't believe me:
View attachment 69720 View attachment 69721
Here's the original RSE sprite for proportion comparison. I've made it more slender though to look more like the BW sprite, but my point still stands - cut-and-paste works!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
What I mean is I uploaded front sprites along with back sprites on the same image and I couldn't be bothered to remove the ugly backsprites so I asked that they be ignored. And cropping doesn't actually mess up the proportions if you do it correctly :). Besides, I find it far more satisfying than meticulously fixing a badly resized image and it looks good anyway - check this out if you don't believe me:
View attachment 69720 View attachment 69721
Here's the original RSE sprite for proportion comparison. I've made it more slender though to look more like the BW sprite, but my point still stands - cut-and-paste works!
It may work in your opinion but cropping, in my opinion, messes up proportions to what the original artist intended when they made the B/W/HG/SS/whatever sprites. These are my rules, and since I abide by all of my own guidelines, all submissions should as well.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
No, I understand and I absolutely respect that - I was just stating that, in my opinion, cropping isn't all that bad. To be honest, I don't honestly see why everyone has to use the same rescaled DS sprites when I find it much more fun and creative to try and add my own style by cutting and pasting parts from different sprites and adding in my own little details. But hey, it's your rules. Anyway, just in case you did want any of mine, here they are formatted properly (since I really do feel I should give something back).

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
XD7TKZg.png
v7KTdfd.png

I was busy with my hacks and trainer sprites resource.
But now I've free time. :)

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Hey I wanted to add my Larvitar ^~^ how's this?

You didn't even resize the backsprite.
All backsprites must be resized by 80%, no exception.
Also, don't post in the sheet cos Chaos doesn't want the sheet, he just want the sprites.
Please read this before submitting sprites.

ChronasDaKid

Enraged Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2015
Oh, I'm sorry then and the backsprite thing, I was editing for a while but just now realized that I didn't have to resize it, so i'm just gonna delete the post.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I apologize for the lack of updates recently, but I promise there will be new updates soon.

In case you haven't noticed, my "agenda" is basically:
1) Work on Pokémon DarkViolet until good stopping point for beta release while putting Sprite Project on mini-hiatus
2) Finish a Generation on the 64x64 Sprite Project while putting DarkViolet on mini-hiatus
3) Repeat Step 1
4) Repeat Step 2
5) Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until both DarkViolet and the Sprite Resource is finished

Right now I will focus on completing Gen II sprites, since I just released a beta for DarkViolet. Basically, one project will be on hiatus while I work on the other one. DarkViolet just had a beta release, so it will be put on a mini-hiatus again until Gen II sprites are finished for this project.

I've got a little free time.
0sFyI0p.png
Awesome.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
More Johto Pokemon!
170_zpsae0ea07f.png

171_zpsc54c94b6.png

175_zps3c7026aa.png

176_zps62e45ee7.png

Credits:
Rizon: Togepi back
11bayerf1: Lanturn front

Sorry 11bayerf1, I didn't use your Lanturn backsprite because you resized the D/P one instead of the Pt/HG/SS one.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
All of these sprites are wonderful and professional. It's as if gamefreak made it themselves. Wonderful job Chaos Rush.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
More Johto Pokemon!
170_zpsae0ea07f.png

171_zpsc54c94b6.png

175_zps3c7026aa.png

176_zps62e45ee7.png

Credits:
Rizon: Togepi back
11bayerf1: Lanturn front

Sorry 11bayerf1, I didn't use your Lanturn backsprite because you resized the D/P one instead of the Pt/HG/SS one.

Oh sorry about that, that was one I did awhile back, could have sworn I took it from the HGSS Veekun one, though I had probably taken it from the DP Veekun one by mistake.

I'll get around to doing some more Hoenn ones at some point soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back