• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sacred Wings Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniDERPvy

My Snivy got Derped......
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
I'll join for the heck of it. By battles, do you mean Pokémon Online, or DS games?? If you have'nt noticed, i'm a noob in this section :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yup mia! VM AWAY.

Also, I still haven't added the CSS, but adding you to the first post, SniDERPy - battles are conducted on Pokemon Online. :)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I like stopping by this thread to listen to the clan music. Just notifying that I beat my opponent for the tournament.
Confirming Drakow's win.
^_^"

SniDERPvy

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
lol am i in the tournament, or do i have to wait for the next one??

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh good point, you can replace my spot, so you'll be facing xxspeedy (mainly because I don't really -need- the points). XD; So yeah just get in contact with them. :3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I think it would be a smart idea for everyone to post their timezones, it would make organising battles easier.

Mines:
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +9:30 hours
Daylight saving time: +1 hour
Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +10:30 hours
Time zone abbreviation: CDT - Central Daylight Time

SniDERPvy

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
I'm EST, Eastern Standard Time.
The person i'm facing in the tournament has not been online since the day he joined this clan, January 7...... :/

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay considering their latest post before this was 2008...

I'll face you in the tournament, SniDERPy. Sorry about the confusion, etc. Because really, everyone else is a "somewhat" active member and has been on since then, so...

And +8 for me! :3 @ timezone.

SO. While Impo's fixing the CSS again (I guess?), and while we're still waiting for battles to occur, discussion time!

What do you guys think is the most important skill to master @ competitive battling? (lol yeah I know there's many, so making it hard aka you have to choose just ONE)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Okay considering their latest post before this was 2008...

I'll face you in the tournament, SniDERPy. Sorry about the confusion, etc. Because really, everyone else is a "somewhat" active member and has been on since then, so...

And +8 for me! :3 @ timezone.

SO. While Impo's fixing the CSS again (I guess?), and while we're still waiting for battles to occur, discussion time!

What do you guys think is the most important skill to master @ competitive battling? (lol yeah I know there's many, so making it hard aka you have to choose just ONE)

Well competitive battling is pretty much made up of team building, prediction and luck. And seeing as the last one is very hard to master, I would have to go with prediction, because you could have the best team, and still mispredict and lose.

Years
Well competitive battling is pretty much made up of team building, prediction and luck. And seeing as the last one is very hard to master, I would have to go with prediction, because you could have the best team, and still mispredict and lose.

How the hell does one master luck? Please Vaporeon if you know, YOU MUST TELL ME.

Team building is very important but I will say that the actual ability to use the team is more important than the team itself. There are people out there who copy teams from other people but without having a really solid understanding of how the team functions, you'll be far more prone to make mistakes when thrown into difficult situations. This same concept applies to many other games too, TCGs for example.

On a side note, I would like to say that a good way for someone new to develop their skills in most games would be to pick a popular strategy and learn the ins and outs to it. Once they have done so, they can start to experiment with different strategies and get a broader feel to the overall meta game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh what, dead for a week? MY APOLOGIES. /REVIVES FROM DEATH

Actually guys, with a volturning team, even if you mispredict chances are you'll still end up winning against a HO team tbh. ;x So really... I think it IS team building, because there's some teams that are just almost impossible to beat really.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well you don't really master luck lol, and it's not really luck anyway - it's chance. Prediction only goes to a certain extent, but you still need the right team. Besides, there isn't really a lot of teambuilding anymore, throw 6 OU Pokémon together with 500 base stats that cover eachother and that's it really. It's hardly about skill anymore.

WELL APPARENTLY I CAN'T SAY HI IN MY FRIEND'S CLAN I SEE HOW IT IS >;(( Doing it anyway!!

Last edited:
Years
Hey it's Yoshi! If I end up getting stabbed in the back while on the street, I'll know who to blame.

Building the "ultimate" team is pretty much impossible in Pokemon. There's way too many threats to conceivably be able to cover them all sufficiently with just six Pokemon. Some strategies work better than others of course, but ultimately you're bound to get screwed over by some Pokemon no matter how good your deck building skills are.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Pokemon battling doesnt need a deck Drakow ;x

Either way! Yeah you can join Tsukimaru, I'll add you to the first post when I'm on a computer. :3 Wanna input on our current discussion?

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
yeah, why not? :P

LOL, mastering luck xD that`s kinnda impossible since that`s just as it is named: "LUCK"
you dont decide when to hit a Critical, or a flinching move to flinch, however, you can pray to God, Alah, Buda, or whoever you believe in and ask him to make it happen :P

Years
Pokemon battling doesnt need a deck Drakow ;x

Not so much a deck, Forever. I think Pokemon battling would be better if it was like the VGC rules where you have the team preview then pick four out of six Pokemon to battle with. In this format what people would do is have a main strategy and then have one or two Pokemon which were "tech" choices against other strategies that were either popular or they would struggle against. So it's kind of like side decking in YGO. So for example I might have a team of Tyranitar, Landorus, Jellicent and Scizor as my general team and then have Magnezone and trick room Reuniclus as techs against enemy steel types or fast, frail teams.

@ Vaporeon: Charming as your theory is, it's impractical as no one here has any intention of hacking the randomization system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back