• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2021
I think RMXP needs to have something, it was like an emulator, but I don't remember. This game is looking pretty good. But, how much progress do you have done?

Anyway, good luck with your game :)

Atomic Reactor

To play rmxp games, all youll need is the rgss.ddll file or whatever (not sure what its called)
But I'm assuming he'll include that in the download.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
That's not true blazers. A game is dwpendant on the distributor. DS games dint just come with a DS to play it on you need to get one to play.

What the hell are you talking about?
The games made on this site come with what you need to play it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2010
This game just looks too good I can't wait until the first demo or beta comes out

you have my support man

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
I got bored and redid your Bushby sprite (it looked... blocky). Anyway, here it is, use it if you want. I'm not going to use it for anything myself (just so you know that I'm not going to rip you off >_>).

Now that I've actually taken a second to look at it, I notice that I probably should've darkened the outline of the (stage)right arm's outside edge. The tail looks kinda like it's growing from it. >_>

EIDT: Alright, I changed it around some. Now the face isn't quite as wonky. A tad dark in one spot, but eh.

Last edited:

Chileno4Live

«Step into the light with me.»
Years
Wow this looks like an awesome game man, i'll definitely download it when a beta comes out. If seen you on the smogon forums btw :P Really nice game man, i'll put 1 of those banners in my signature.

KaoruMikami

Pokemon Rogue Developer
Years
What the hell are you talking about?
The games made on this site come with what you need to play it.

Well first off I apologize for all those spelling mistakes (was on my iTouch at the time)
And secondly that's up to the creator like I said. You didn't include the second part of my post explaining whats needed. An RGSS player doesn't just come with the games its a separate entity that needs to be installed along side it. Yes you could just pack it in with the game or put in the necessary .dll files instead but as I said thats up to the creator. He could just as easily tell you to go find it on your own and just be done with it and before you try to argue that point, yes it does happen and has happened before. Some people are just stingy like that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
And what would make you think he's gonna say

Here's my game i've been workin on for years now ready to play, you can all play it, but you have to find this thing yourself. Until you do that, you won't be able to enjoy this game ive been workin on for years.

High unlikely but whatev

Atomic Reactor

The only way it could be for a DS is if it were on a Rom, and it isn't.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2015
HELP!

i expect there is lots of bugs, but i keep getting the message:
RGSS102E.dll could not be found
what do i do
ps, i would send a pic, but i cant :s

Atomic Reactor

This game hasn't been released.
So you're asking about the wrong game.

But! The error means you don't have the .dll file.
Google search that file and you'll find it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I've looked through the first 360 posts (1440 is too many :P ) and haven't seen this, what about a replacement for Slow Start or just giving it an upside.

How about:

Ability: SLOW START: Decreases (sp.) attack & speed for (how many?) turns but increases (sp.) defense (and maybe HP?).
Firstly, Regigigas isn't in the regional Pokédex, so it won't be in the game (at least not for a long time). But I've already planned some upgrades to make Regigigas usable :)
hello. wichu. i've been watching the progress of your game and it's awesome waiting on the release on pins and needles. i noticed that you're recruiting in your sig and while i know you've got the poke topic covered, i'd like to help with ideas for moves/abilities, etc. i tried the forum but my comp threw a red flag on that:pirate: so i'll post my idea here:

Name: Tidal Surge
Type:Water
Power:--
Accuracy: 95
PP:10

Description: Crashing waves smash into the opponent. The move gains in power over the course of battle. (similar to Rollout)

i'll come with other stuff for you if want and be glad to help if you'd like. either way best of luck
Thanks for the suggestion; so it's basically a Water-type Rollout? It's special, right?
new dual types would be interesting, maybe a fire ground type or electric dark type
Camerupt? :P
An attack that I came up with is eraser rain. it's a 1-hit K.O. move with a slightly higher accuracy that most 1-hit K.O. moves, but not very many Pokemon should learn it.
An ability that I came up with is energy shield. It decreases damage from special atacks by 25%(flexible). I hope you can use my ideas.
I'm not too keen on 1-hit KO moves... I think that they encourage people to battle using luck instead of skill. But Energy Shield sounds interesting; what kinds of Pokémon would have it?
can I help i am a great sprite collector and you can combine games with me (its just an idea)

search Neo Spirit Generations in the Pokemon Community search bar.
Sorry, I'm not interested in joining with any other game... Besides, 'sprite collecting' isn't all that hard. You just type 'Pokémon sprites' into Google.
Do you need anymore help with sprites?
Are you any good at trainer sprites? Either way, PM me, and we'll work something out.
I have an idea for a move. It'll make Bug Pokemon actually stand a chance in a battle!

Move Name: Swarm
Move Type: Bug
Power: 65
Accuracy: 85
PP: 10
Effect: May cause foe to flinch. (50%)
Description: Summons a swarm of bug pokemon to attack the foe(s).
Category: Special
SpecialIC.gif

This is a field move, meaning it affects all pokemon on the field other than the user.

The animation could just be a bunch of tiny black dots with wings (like flies) come in from the left (in dispersed columns that go from top to bottom) and fly across the screen. This way, they cover all pokemon on the field, and it looks like a real swarm.
Bug-types can already be quite good; have you ever used Heracross or Yanmega? Anyway, there's already an ability called Swarm... And 50% flinch rate is a bit too much. Maybe increase the power a bit, for example to 70, but lower the flinch rate to 20% or 30%?
hey, i'm new in all of this, but if you're still needing help, i have a some experience with RPG XP........

do you have an Elite Four and Champion yet? what about a list of all your pok'emon? (sorry if these topics have already been addressed, but i didn't feel like reading that much)

and i was just wondering, why are you using XP? wouldn't VX be easier?

i already have several sprites (from all) and the battle backgrounds (from D/P)
I've sorted out most of the important trainers (Gym Leaders/Elite Four) already. The dex isn't complete yet, but I'm working on it. However, it's not public; I think it's more interesting when you don't know what your Pokémon will evolve into, or have a mystery Pokémon you need for your Pokédex.
I find RPG Maker XP's mapping system to be more versatile than VX's; mainly, it allows me to use an unlimited number of tilesets, while VX is much more limited.
I have plenty of sprites already, including battle backgrounds.
I've got a move idea. It's not very inventive, but it pisses me off still that we have Ice, Water, Ghost, and two Normal, but not Fire. So, I say that a Fire type priority move with the normal priority stats (60/100 or 40/100; whichever it is), and it should be called Ignition.
I was already going to make a Fire-type priority move; Ignition's a great name for it. Thanks :)
I've been watching this game for a while and Wichu: you are very gifted. I see that you are accepting ideas for moves, abilities, etc. If I can be of any assistance, feel free to PM or VM me. Here is an idea for an attack, just as a sample:

Name: Pulse Shot
Type: Electric
Atk. Type: Special Atk.
Damage/Acc.: 20/90

Description: User discharges weak Electrical pulses at the foe 2-5 times.
That's a pretty good concept; we need more 'basic' moves like this.
any artwork on the evos of the starters?
Not yet; as I said, I want them to stay a secret until you actually play :P
I got bored and redid your Bushby sprite (it looked... blocky). Anyway, here it is, use it if you want. I'm not going to use it for anything myself (just so you know that I'm not going to rip you off >_>).

Now that I've actually taken a second to look at it, I notice that I probably should've darkened the outline of the (stage)right arm's outside edge. The tail looks kinda like it's growing from it. >_>

EIDT: Alright, I changed it around some. Now the face isn't quite as wonky. A tad dark in one spot, but eh.
Thanks; I've had several people comment on that sprite. I'll probably resprite it later, but for now, I'll use yours :)
Very, very nice... How much overall is done of it in percentage?
It's hard to say... Demo-wise, probably 70-80%. That's probably way off, though :P
I just need a few more back sprites, a few OW sprites, a few trainer sprites, a few maps, and to finish a few scripts. So basically, everything's at around the same level right now.
So this are just on computer? You cant convert it to ds?
Yep, it's just for the PC. Although it means you can't put it on a flash cart and play it on a DS, it means I can add features which wouldn't be possible on one.
i expect there is lots of bugs, but i keep getting the message:
RGSS102E.dll could not be found
what do i do
ps, i would send a pic, but i cant :s
As AR said, you're in the wrong game's thread :P Just copy the file, either from the internet or another game's folder, into the folder of the game you're trying to play.

Just to quell everyone's fears, the demo will come with everything needed to play it. You won't need to download anything separately.

MaGiXieN

^.^
Years
Hey Wichu, I already told you: Your game is awesome!
It contains amazing tiles, a good story with great features.

I cant wait for a final version ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
Your tioles are great, which makes me look at you in envy. The hardest part for me sre the tiles, even if Im not making a pokemon game. Sometimes I make pictures on paint, and it'll take forever to add tiles. I love the tiles youput on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back