• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
Years
xD Yeah, the first few cuts are scarey, but honestly it makes the wig styling 1000 times easier.
:/ have you tried styling wax (not sure about wax. Might just weight it down) or um... 'hair glue' ...? It's a strong last resort for making it stay, I guess...?
I think anything without alcohol in it is okay... What have you tried using so far? are the fibres heavy? (but serisouly xD a test-piece... It's your best friend xD!)
Cash is so rare right now :'< I feel your pain....

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Yay! New page, finally!

So far I have used Personal Care styling mousse and Play it Straight "Cool Goo" styling balm. I have another product, but I'm afraid to use it because it's all brown-colored. I also have hair spray, but I don't think that will do much good until near the end. The fibers aren't very heavy. The hairs are about as thick as mine, maybe a tad bit thicker. It's a New Look punky wig.

Trent_Jayir

Years
I think stlying mousse will be too light, tbh. It's hard to say without seeing it xD; argh!
If I were you I'd start by gluing the ends of the spikes up like I expalined and while still holding it spraying the underside with hairspray first and them moving to the topside of the spike. Also starting at the tip of the spike and moving towards the base.

Thats all I can really think of that will help you for now, but I'll let you know if I think of anything better xD;
Good luck and let me know how it goes ^^

icycatelf

Alex
Years
*Buys you plane ticket and gets you to style the wig.* LOL If only...

Thanks for the advice. I will definately put it to use. Eventually.

In the meantime...

Duel_Disk_WIP_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

I have 2 Chaos Duel Disks, but no classic ones, so I'm trying to make one out of junk lying around.

Of course, if someone wants to give me a classic Duel Disk...

Last edited:

Trent_Jayir

Years
Lol I hate living on a silly little island ><;
That duel disk is looking good!
I don't really know the series that well but I knew it was one right away!
Just out of interest, how are you getting the pieces to stick together?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks.

As of now, aside from the stacks of board, nothing is holding it together. In the end, it will probably be held together by super glue and screws.

Here's an update on it:
40006_1550719577062_1507313034_31431355_5559341_n.jpg

Hopefully I can dig up some metallic silver paint to replace the grey with. That would look awesome.

EDIT: And yes, thus far, it does work. (Added trim to back)
39986_1556543522657_1507313034_31446094_6512158_n.jpg

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Looking good. Why can't you just buy one again?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks.

Because I don't have the money. *pout*
Actually, if I really wanted to spend $40+ on a Duel Disk, I could get one, but I'd rather find one for about $20 or so.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Ah. Yes, money. A bugger that.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE:
hayao_miyazaki_caracature_by_karite_kita_neko-d2y52ws.png

Hayao Miyazaki Caricature: A project for my Computer Illustration class. I had to choose a famous person and make a caricature of them. I chose Hayao Miyazaki, a famous Japanese director. And yes, I did make him disproportionate on purpose. I hate working in this style. -_-'

Last edited:

Trent_Jayir

Years
x3 Awesome!
I have to say I thought It was Miyazaki before I read that it was, so it's a good likeness!

I like the style of it, even if you're not too fond of it, the crisp lines and colour look really nice.
Also, I love the expression you gave him! :'D

icycatelf

Alex
Years
It's not much, but I tried to throw a quick little something together for Halloween. I had originally planned to take more pics of my Yami Bakura cosplay (full-body this time), but I've been sick for the past week (so much that I missed my first day of class is 3 years and it was even more than 1 day that I missed!), so I wasn't able to do it. I've also been in quite a bit of an art block (I haven't been able to create any traditional art at all this month), but I hope this little "card" will suffice.

happy_halloween_by_karite_kita_neko-d31w21q.png

I hope you all had a great Halloween holiday.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
New maneki neko pattern added to the digital section:

maneki_neko_pattern_by_karite_kita_neko-d33233i.png

Basically an updated, digital version of my old maneki neko tessellation. It actually looks more like a cat now.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Thanks.

As of now, aside from the stacks of board, nothing is holding it together. In the end, it will probably be held together by super glue and screws.

Here's an update on it:
40006_1550719577062_1507313034_31431355_5559341_n.jpg

Hopefully I can dig up some metallic silver paint to replace the grey with. That would look awesome.

EDIT: And yes, thus far, it does work. (Added trim to back)
39986_1556543522657_1507313034_31446094_6512158_n.jpg

Looks cool! You should've tried Kijiji.com.. I got my dueldisk there and it only cost me $20 ._. But now I've stopped cosplaying.. and they go for like much much more on ebay nowadays so I might sell it.
Try it for some cosplay stuff next time.

Also great stuff, but watch your form in some of your more rendered pieces. You sometimes lose it.. but just keep practicing!

Also.. for wigs.. @_@ I dunno if you finished or not, but don't use gel. It doesn't work. I use got2b glued (hairglue) and ice hairspray. Works wonders.. :3 and I got 1st place for best wig last time I went. So try that out, but make sure not to use too much. The hairspray can REALLY hold. The glue is just to style some strands in place. It's some good stuff. VM me if you want more info on styling OR wig-dying.
(I went as Jaden Yuki one year haha)

Back