• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Looks cool! You should've tried Kijiji.com.. I got my dueldisk there and it only cost me $20 ._. But now I've stopped cosplaying.. and they go for like much much more on ebay nowadays so I might sell it.
Try it for some cosplay stuff next time.
Thanks, I'll try to do that next time (if I cosplay again).

Also great stuff, but watch your form in some of your more rendered pieces. You sometimes lose it.. but just keep practicing!
Yeah, I'm no good with 3D pics... Luckily, my favorite style is 2D.

Also.. for wigs.. @_@ I dunno if you finished or not, but don't use gel. It doesn't work. I use got2b glued (hairglue) and ice hairspray. Works wonders.. :3 and I got 1st place for best wig last time I went. So try that out, but make sure not to use too much. The hairspray can REALLY hold. The glue is just to style some strands in place. It's some good stuff. VM me if you want more info on styling OR wig-dying.
(I went as Jaden Yuki one year haha)

Yeah, I finished it. The result can be seen here: http://karite-kita-neko.deviantart.com/art/Yami-Bakura-Wig-Final-177041371

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: New "Yuki-Onna (Manga)" added to the Hand/Digital section.

manga_style_yuki_onna_by_karite_kita_neko-d33b5go.jpg

I decided I wanted to redraw my old Yuki-onna pic. I cleaned it up and added a bit more detail. After that, I decided to stylize it like a manga drawing, so I shaded it and added a newsprint effect. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out (the uppermost portion, anyway, as I neglected to do much shading on the bottom).

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
UPDATE: New "Yuki-Onna (Manga)" added to the Hand/Digital section.

manga_style_yuki_onna_by_karite_kita_neko-d33b5go.jpg

I decided I wanted to redraw my old Yuki-onna pic. I cleaned it up and added a bit more detail. After that, I decided to stylize it like a manga drawing, so I shaded it and added a newsprint effect. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out (the uppermost portion, anyway, as I neglected to do much shading on the bottom).

Hey it's looking great! There are a couple things I'd love to suggest to make better *mostly the hands and the fact that the lack of a darker tone on the face just makes it look like it's missing an eye rather giving the dramatic one eye revealed thing that you see in a lot of manga.

Do you mind if I do a draw-over in the next couple of days to help you out?

other than that, I love the composition and the clothes look really good!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Hey it's looking great! There are a couple things I'd love to suggest to make better *mostly the hands and the fact that the lack of a darker tone on the face just makes it look like it's missing an eye rather giving the dramatic one eye revealed thing that you see in a lot of manga.

Do you mind if I do a draw-over in the next couple of days to help you out?

other than that, I love the composition and the clothes look really good!

Thanks. Sure, I don't mind at all. I've actually been trying to get help on it.
If you need it, here's the non-colored, non-shaded lineart: http://karite-kita-neko.deviantart.com/art/Yuki-Onna-Line-Art-186819276

Thanks again, and thanks in advance!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: So come and move your hips sing "Oa-ah-ah".
Look at you two hips do it, la-la-la.
You and me can sing this melody.
Owah-owah-ah-oh!

4cfbe7eb12429d07633a5cce5dbe08e2_crop_alpha.gif

My Pokemon trainer OC doing the Caramelldansen. :3

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE:

Alex Caramelldansen on YouTube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OKEjysqBk4

Male Base...
Spoiler:

Oh, and a Dunsparce quickie...
Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Mizavie (Japanese: ネズヒコ Nezuhiko) is a Flying/Ground-type legendary Fakemon introduced in Pokemon HeavenEarth Version. It can only be obtained through a special promotional event. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon.
--TRIVIA---

Mizavie was not planned to be officially revealed until after the game's release. However, the creator accidently revealed it while launching the beta HeavenEarth Version website.

Mizavie was shown in a fake Pokemon Black & White Version screencap in effort to fool people into believing it was a new Pokemon. Though this screencap shows Mizavie to be a female, Mizavie is actually genderless.

--ORIGIN--

Mizavie is loosely based on the Long-eared Flying Mouse (Idiurus macrotis), but plays more on the name. It also resembles the already-existing Pokemon, Pikachu.

Mizavie's Japanese name, Nezuhiko, comes from the Japanese word for mouse (nezumi) and flying (hiko). Its English name is a corruption of the Croatian word for mouse, miševi.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: 3 new images have been added...

First off, here's a random icy abstract I made and titled "Icy Impact". I'll probably use it for a background of a future work, but I currently have no specific plans for it.
Spoiler:

Next up is a sloppily colorized version of an older doodle (PokeDoodles) I made. This one is titled "Dragonair (Heart and Soul)". I know it could use more work, but I can't be bothered to do anymore with it. Feel free to edit or redo this image.
Spoiler:

And last but not least, here's a photo manipulation that I made using a photo of one of my cats, Tiny. All I did was recolor his fur and eyes to make him look like a realistic Mew. Of course, it isn't exactly true to Mew, seeing as Mew's fine hair can only be seen under a microscope, so in reality, Mew would look more like a bald cat rather than one with pink fur. Anyway, I titled this one "There's a Mew in my room! :O".
Spoiler:

I hope you enjoyed this update. ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
HI! great job! your really talented!
What software did you use to make the digital-coloured jumpluff?

:)

G/ i /o

icycatelf

Alex
Years
HI! great job! your really talented!
What software did you use to make the digital-coloured jumpluff?

Thank you! I'm glad you think so. ^^

As for the Jumpluff picture, I'm near certain I did that one on GIMP. I didn't use any filters - just the paintbrush and smudge tool. I personally don't care much for that particular pic. Only thing I'm really happy with are the puffs.

---

UPDATE: Simple Staryu added to the Digital section...

Spoiler:

Threw this one together really quick on Paint and smoothed the lines on Inkscape.

EDIT: Though I haven't added it to my dA gallery yet, I've also worked more on that Dragonair pic I said I wouldn't be doing anything else with... ^^"

Spoiler:

I'll probably be adding some text into the background sometime.

Last edited:

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
Years
Wow, sure is quiet in here. ;'>

Nice mew, I laughed. The staryu looks very sweet and clean and crisp, You chose really nice colours for it too. Good stuff!

Your dragonair are also superb! It's got a really nice composition and sybolisim. I really like how you've used textures in the most recent update, it looks really cool.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Wow, sure is quiet in here. ;'>

Nice mew, I laughed. The staryu looks very sweet and clean and crisp, You chose really nice colours for it too. Good stuff!

Your dragonair are also superb! It's got a really nice composition and sybolisim. I really like how you've used textures in the most recent update, it looks really cool.
Yup. Sure is. The fact that I'm updating less often isn't helping. lol

Thanks. :)

Next to my male base, that Dragonair is my deviation with the most faves. It has also accumulated faves faster than any of my others. I find it quite funny, seeing as I didn't put much effort at all into that one.

I love the arceus one.Great job and keep it up.
I'm glad you like it. Thank you. ^^

Great art here! Hope you excel! :D
Thanks. I'll most certainly try!

---

Itty bitty update...

This will probably bring an end to my Unown art, seeing as it completes my mini-series. Put together with my previous Unown artworks, it spells my name. Here's Unown A:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: I hadn't been able to draw traditionally since the year started, but that has FINALLY changed. Here are some things I've made since my last update.

Froslass T-shirt design added to the Digital section:
Spoiler:

I put it in a spoiler tag because the image is so large.

A Borrowed Cat Graphics Logo added to the Digital section:
Spoiler:

In my Corporate Design class, we were required to make logos for our own graphics business. I figured I could just tweak the logo I had already made for my deviantArt account, so I took out "Karite-Kita-Neko at deviantArt.com" and replaced it with the large, cursive "Graphics" as well as extending the cat's tail to form the G. Again, for those of you who don't know, my deviantArt username (Karite-Kita-Neko) translates into "A borrowed cat". This phrase refers to someone behaving in an unusually quiet or well-behaved way opposed to his/her original nature, like a cat in unfamiliar territory. This describes me perfectly.

Yami Bakura added to the Traditional section:
Spoiler:

My first decent traditional drawing this year. I'm nearly certain this is the first time I've ever drawn a non-monster Yu-Gi-Oh! character. I've been practicing drawing eyes from Yu-Gi-Oh! and I managed to get Yami Bakura's down pat. Originally I was going to work on my Yu-Gi-Oh! OC, but I ended up drawing this guy instead. I based this picture on a picture of my Yami Bakura cosplay.

Manga-style Yami Bakura added to the Hand/Digital section:
Spoiler:

A manga-style version of the above drawing. Another alternate version, mostly to appease fangirls, was made into a bookmark. [link]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2011
Hey umm Akiyuki Aretukasu im a HUGE shugo chara fan and i was kinda wondering if you could make me an egg PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ just to give you a little insperation: im a girl I love music and danceing and swiming and jokes i laugh alot at like almost everything funny i love to draw im laid back when i comes to grades im a good student i do swim team and hopefully im going to join the lacrosse team im a night owl which means im a night person i LOVE stars i think there so interesting and so beutiful i love greek myths and i like to read Im shy around new people and dont talk much out side of school and im not very good at making freinds in side school im funny im kinda mean when the guys in my class do something mean or say mango instead of manga THAT SOO GETS ON MY NERVES im a sweet person at heart and i try to be nice but my anger justt takes control when some one does somthing mean Who i truly am is a shy sweet nervous daring artsy brave girl who is afraid of spiders and falling

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Hey umm Akiyuki Aretukasu im a HUGE shugo chara fan and i was kinda wondering if you could make me an egg PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ just to give you a little insperation: im a girl I love music and danceing and swiming and jokes i laugh alot at like almost everything hippo i love to draw im laid back when i comes to grades im a good student i do swim team and hopefully im going to join the lacrosse team im a night owl which means im a night person i LOVE stars i think there so interesting and so beutiful i love greek myths and i like to read Im shy around new people and dont talk much out side of school and im not very good at making freinds in side school im hippo im kinda mean when the guys in my class do something mean or say mango instead of manga THAT SOO GETS ON MY NERVES im a sweet person at heart and i try to be nice but my anger justt takes control when some one does somthing mean what i truly am is a shy sweet nervous daring artsy brave girl what is afraid of spiders and falling

I probably won't get around to doing it anytime soon, but do you want 3D eggs or 2D pixel eggs? Also, are there any specific colors or shapes/patterns you would like on your eggs? The more info you supply me with, the faster I'll get them done. In the meantime, I still have to work on about 6 more OC drawings for school. After that, I still have about 2 or 3 crazy requests to work on.

UPDATE: I attempted to redesign one of my old OCs.
Spoiler:

Click here to see the old (original) design.

I also created a new male base and a Dunsparce papercraft.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: "Hiro - Cell Shading Attempt", "Pantan Concept", and "My Dunsparce, Uchino & Noko" added.

Hiro - Cell Shading Attempt: My effort to cell shade my previously-submitted OC, Hiro. Also, I finally figured out what to make him. He is a human, but he is also a bounty hunter/alchemist. This may change in the future, but it's the only thing I can come up with for the time being.

Pantan Concept: A fakemon that I had came up with a while back, but had never made any artwork of, other than a sprite. Pantan was based on one of my cats that passed away last August, Pan. He is a maine coon.

My Dunsparce, Uchino and Noko: Uchino is my main Dunsparce in Pokemon LeafGreen. She is a Modest-natured Special Attacker. Noko is my main Dunsparce in Pokemon HeartGold. He is a shiny Adamant-natured Physical Attacker. Their nicknames are derived from the creature Dunsparce is based on, tsuchinoko.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Finally updating with some new stuff...

First up, a colorized version of a Fakemon I designed over 3 years ago:
Spoiler:

Liftbelle (Japanese: キヌトンボ Kinutonbo) is a Bug/Dragon-type Fakemon introduced in Pokemon HeavenEarth Version. Liftbelle is the Stage 2 evolution of Wanzer. Liftbelle is based on a dragonfly and a silkmoth. Liftbelle's Japanese name (Kinutonbo) is a combination of the Japanese words "kinu" (silk) and "tonbo" (dragonfly). Its English name comes from the German word for dragonfly, "libelle", combined with "lift". I made an effort to color this one similarly to the classic Ken Sugimori illustrations. Though it's probably the best I've done, I still need to work on this style...

Next up is a custom mug I designed in one of my graphic design classes:
Spoiler:

A maneki neko-themed mug. I based this artwork on the tessallation I did a couple years ago. If you're interested in downloading or buying this print, click here.

A friend of mine requested a Pikachu drawing, so here's what I made:
Spoiler:

You know, Pikachu is actually one of the harder Pokemon for me to draw, it and Eevee. They look pretty simple, but rarely can I get them to look right. To this day, I've not managed to draw a decent Pikachu or an even semi-decent Eevee.

And then I started making pictures in Microsoft Publisher:
Spoiler:

I love my Noko. <3

The cutest fusion in the world:
Spoiler:

On another Pokemon forum, I had requested a splice of Dunsparce and Oshawott. I thought the result was adorable, so I made some art of it.

And then I was inspired:
Spoiler:

To draw Oshawott.

Which led to:
Spoiler:

Its evolution! Dewott is one of my favorite Generation 5 Pokemon.

I hope you enjoyed this update!

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Hi there, guys! I wonder if anyone remembers me...

I've made so much artwork since my last visit. However, I'm just going to post my favorites for now. All of my other work can be found in my deviantArt gallery.

Vanillite Forms (May 2011)
Spoiler:

I haz carrot (June 2011)
Spoiler:

Poké Ball (June 2011)
Spoiler:

Nap Time (July 2011)
Spoiler:

Glowing Mystery Tiles (August 2011)
Spoiler:

Symbol of the King (December 2011)
Spoiler:

Misdeeds of the Past (December 2011)
Spoiler:

The Triforce (January 2012)
Spoiler:

Joltik (March 2012)
Spoiler:

Weavile Gijinka, Ita Yuranma (March 2012)
Spoiler:

Fakemon, Phanceil (May 2012)
Spoiler:

Dunsparce Figure (July 2012)
Spoiler:

Fakemon, Liftbelle Recolor (October 2012)
Spoiler:

Fakemon, Fairicity Redesign (October 2012)
Spoiler:

Custom Card Game Symbols (December 2012)
Spoiler:

OC Line Art, EstForor (January 2013)
Spoiler:

Snow Lapras (February 2013)
Spoiler:

Now to see if I can get this thread's name changed to match my current username...

Last edited:
Back