• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Just a general question:

Do you guys plan on doing the intro screen for pokemon with animated title screen...or keeping the one in place at the moment?

Well, you can always add it by yourself...

I've said previously that I had "done" an introduction script wich was very easy to use : u have just to insert images/gifs in an intro event.
But not a lot of people have ask to have it.

@Poccil :

If u come on the topic, I've sent u a private message about an INTL problem.

Here it is :

Hi poccil,

It's to report u a problem with the intl thing.

When u put a line with a \1 at the end, like

To localize the text for a particular language, translate every second line in the file.\1

it is not translated in the game :s.

If u could take a look at it....

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
crzyone9584:

See the section "Side Stairs" in the documentation to learn how.

apolloman

Modern Looney
Years
heya, any chance sumone would be able to help me with this script?

yea its for a digimon game. its for a trainer battle that will only happen if the player has the right pokemon. Now the event checks for the pokemon and does everything right wen i dont have the required pokemon, but when i do the battle doesnt start. Im sure im on the right track but i just cant make happen..

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
heya, any chance sumone would be able to help me with this script?

yea its for a digimon game. its for a trainer battle that will only happen if the player has the right pokemon. Now the event checks for the pokemon and does everything right wen i dont have the required pokemon, but when i do the battle doesnt start. Im sure im on the right track but i just cant make happen..

Code:
Conditional Branch:  Script:  pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::CELEBI)
    Comment:Battle: Battle me now!
Comment: Type:traiathlete_FemaleCyclist
Comment: Name Cindy
Comment: End Speech: A very good battle, indeed
Commen: End Battle: Thanks for the battle
Script: pbtrainerIntro(:TRAIATHLETE_FemaleCyclist
Script: Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get-character(0))
Text Battle me Now
Conditional Branch: Script pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::TRIATHLETE_femaleCyclist, "Cindy",_I("A very good battle, indeed"),false,0)
Else
 exit event
Branch End
and edit the things needed so its for your digmon game i jsut did the first example of a battle i could find.
be sure that u have added the trainer/digimon trainer to the trainer.txt with what he has and that you edited the pokemon.txt and added argumon to it. or it will fail

Last edited:
Years
tried downloading the october 4 08 version of pokemon essentials. I'm pretty sure that's correct file to open up is game.rxproj right? When I open it up it gives me an error saying "Failed to Load Actor Data". I'm not sure why this is, or if it's just the wrong file. Also, I'm using Windows Vista if that might effect it, i'm not sure. By the way, yes, I do have RMXP. I'm trying to open up the file basically so I just want to know how to access it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
crzyone9584:

See the section "Side Stairs" in the documentation to learn how.
and if the cliff was only 1 tile high? i.e (using the same notation as in the instrucions)
......|------
......|------
......A------
......A------
......|------
......|------

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Okay... I have a problem, I've been trying to make Trainer Events, and they're not working... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

ummmm.png

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Okay... I have a problem, I've been trying to make Trainer Events, and they're not working... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

ummmm.png

Cause those are comment lines you put, trainer battles are a script...

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Cause those are comment lines you put, trainer battles are a script...
actually no, i've been having the same problem, sorry i dont know how to fix it, for me its pure luck, just keep redoing it xD

anyway, i've been having a problem changing the character graphic to a snowboarding sprite for an event.
can anyone help me?

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
I want to know how to give the hero a shiny pokemon i've check the notes and it only shows how to battle with shiny pokemon and says nothing about how to add shiny pokemon to the hero's party somebody please help me.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
I want to know how to give the hero a shiny pokemon i've check the notes and it only shows how to battle with shiny pokemon and says nothing about how to add shiny pokemon to the hero's party somebody please help me.
I think the way the notes makes shinies make every pokemon a shiny until the switch your using for the shiny is turned off.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
what if it is about ten or so. thats what im confused .cuz its a high cliff
oh that's easy, you just do it like the instructions but you put in more [move upper/lower right/left] and you put the stair events at the top and bottom

I think the way the notes makes shinies make every pokemon a shiny until the switch your using for the shiny is turned off.
yeah, i think it should but it doesn't work. i keep getting

undefined method `onWildPokemonCreate' for Events:Module

Last edited:

apolloman

Modern Looney
Years
thanks for the reply crazyone but im having trouble putting that script you did in my game, using 2 conditional branches gives me 2 else statments and only need 1, is there any way i can import this script straight into RMXP.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Mine crashes whenever I try to make a conditional branch involving gold.

is this a problem with Essentials or is my RMXP broken?

If the former, how do I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back