• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
No wait I meant like how the hero is like given a shiny pokemon as like a starter it doesn't tell me how to do that.
if shinylugia249 is right then to do what you want then you follow the setup for the wild shinies and then on the event that you use to give the shiny you use
Code:
Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = ON
Conditional Branch: Script: pbAddPokemon(1,5)
   : Branch End
Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = OFF
i.e you add those switch commands above the command that adds the pokemon

i think that's right, if it is then woo!!! i'm actually learning something ^_^, if not then oh well, what was wrong. although i can't seem to get the script that makes the pokemon shiny to work

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Okay thank you.

Now yet another question:

How do I move the battle graphics around? (Like HP bar, EXP bar, Pokemon name, and Pokemon level)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
PokettoMonsuta:

See "Dependent Events" in the documentation for more information.

Yuoaman:

There are several constants defined in the script section PokeBattle_ActualScene, such as MESSAGEBASECOLOR, HPGAUGESIZE, and so on, which allow some parameters of the script to be set.

ryushin5:

Use the following script to make a Pokemon shiny:
Code:
$Trainer.party[0].makeShiny
It assumes that the Pokemon is placed first on the party.

AtlantianTokRa:

The steps mentioned in the documentation affect only wild Pokemon battles. It will not affect any other Pokemon, including Pokemon added to the Trainer's party.

CoN~:

Please send me a private message explaining how the game "crashed".

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Poccil... there seems to be something wrong with the script, the bars don't seem to be listening to the coordinates I am giving them, they move the opposite to what I say...

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
ryushin5:

Use the following script to make a Pokemon shiny:
Code:
$Trainer.party[0].makeShiny
It assumes that the Pokemon is placed first on the party.

AtlantianTokRa:

The steps mentioned in the documentation affect only wild Pokemon battles. It will not affect any other Pokemon, including Pokemon added to the Trainer's party.
well i was just going on what shinylugia249 said :P and on the shiny note, how can i make a pokemon that is given shiny (when you can't know what slot it will go into) and how do i make a pokemon in a trainer battle shiny?

Years
well i was just going on what shinylugia249 said :P and on the shiny note, how can i make a pokemon that is given shiny (when you can't know what slot it will go into) and how do i make a pokemon in a trainer battle shiny?

Do something like that after giving the pokemon to the trainer :

Code:
for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
 $Trainer.party[i].makeShiny  if $Trainer.party[i].species==pokemonid
end

Replace pokemonid by the id of the pokemon you have given to the player.
The only problem is that the player cannot have another pokemon of the same species in his team, otherwise it will also be changed in a shiny.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years

this has been asked before, use the search button and look for the word "shiny"
Then you'll get the answer!

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
this has been asked before, use the search button and look for the word "shiny"
Then you'll get the answer!
OK searched. for trainers using shinies - no answer
but for giving shinies to the player i might have found an answer but to test that i need to know.

where do i have to put this:
Code:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
  pokemon=e[0]
  if $game_switches[50]
    pokemon.makeShiny
  end
}
because when i follow the instructions in the notes i get this error every time
Script 'Shiny' line1: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'onWildPokemonCreate' for Events:Module

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
but for giving shinies to the player i might have found an answer but to test that i need to know.

Code:
  pokemon=e[0]
  if $game_switches[50]
    pokemon.makeShiny
  end
}

Just add a new script, make sure the script is above the "main" script (not in the main script, it has to be a new script!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
As far as I know, there's no easy way to give trainers shiny Pokémon. It can be done by editing the PokemonTrainers script, but only if you know what you're doing.
As for the placement of the shiny script, it needs to be above Main but below everything else.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
As far as I know, there's no easy way to give trainers shiny Pokémon. It can be done by editing the PokemonTrainers script, but only if you know what you're doing.
As for the placement of the shiny script, it needs to be above Main but below everything else.
ok... that's where i put it

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
It's time for really stupid questions. Alright, I apologize if these are n00b questions that are answered somewhere else but can someone please explain in-depth how to add,

1.) More Poke'mon
2.) More Pokemon Colors (Like Shiny, Gold, Dark, Shadow, etc.)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
nightmareninja12:

Edit the file "PBS/pokemon.txt" to add new Pokemon species. See the section "PBS/pokemon.txt" in the documentation for more information and see that file for examples.

There is no easy way to add new forms of Pokemon like "gold" or "shadow". The best way is probably to edit the methods "pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies" and "pbPokemonIconFile" in the script section PokemonUtilities. Both functions decide which sprite to show for a certain Pokemon.

Years
poccil, how could I add alternate formes?

Would I edit pokemon.txt and do the evolution thing, but go like Item or something?

Formes like shadows and gold? He just answered it...

Go in PokemonUtilities, look for def pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies(pokemon, species, back=false)
in it, there is
Code:
  bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s.png",species,
       pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
       back ? "b" : "")

If u want to add new formes, u will have to make a method to recognize the form (take a look at how he implemented the shiny's, it should help) and do something like :
Code:
  bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s.png",species,
       pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "", pokemon.isGold? ? "g" : "",
       back ? "b" : "")

After, u just have to add the images of the gold pokemons, in the example, in the battlers folder with a name like "003g".

The hardest thing is to copy the shiny's method correcly ;).

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011

Code:
  pokemon=e[0]
  if $game_switches[50]
    pokemon.makeShiny
  end
}

Script 'Shiny' line1: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'onWildPokemonCreate' for Events:Module
anyone else got an answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back