• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Anything new here?
I've always considered this to be one of the most professional hacks around these forums.
Looking forward to an update of any kind ;)

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I've always loved this hack.
It is incredibly professional and the mapping has a Nintendo quality to it.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Posting again because I have another update. Like I said yesterday you will be able to run in buildings now (much like D/P/P) shown below.

run.png

Now for the newer update. I've always wanted to do this for a while now, and badly. Thanks to Mastermind_X's tutorial, this hack will now feature different Trainer battle themes for specific Trainers! Check it out below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1GBx8g3W48

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Ooh, spiffy!
R/S/E music is my favorite :)

I'm curious as to how you enabled running indoors. If you did it the way I think you did it (making an indoor map's settings similar to those of an outdoor map's settings under the Header tab in AdvanceMap) then you would most likely run into problems. The main ones that come to mind are the facts that you can ride a bike indoors (which I think is pretty poor etiquette^^) and being able to use Fly inside (which is just plain physically impossible). Though I'd be happy if you could prove me wrong ;)

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Ooh, spiffy!
R/S/E music is my favorite :)

I'm curious as to how you enabled running indoors. If you did it the way I think you did it (making an indoor map's settings similar to those of an outdoor map's settings under the Header tab in AdvanceMap) then you would most likely run into problems. The main ones that come to mind are the facts that you can ride a bike indoors (which I think is pretty poor etiquette^^) and being able to use Fly inside (which is just plain physically impossible). Though I'd be happy if you could prove me wrong ;)
Nah, I simply enabled running indoors by editing map's data string (not its settings).
Therefore, biking and flying indoors will still not be possible.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
This hack looks great cant wait for a release and i also like the running indoors since most indoor places are long keep up the good work

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
My Post.....

Good,nice story,and its nice to have new music,i'm bored to hear over and over again the nintendo themes. :tired:
But you won't insert new tiles? :(
I think the tiles make the difference in a hack,attracting more people to it.

I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
No, Frostbite shouldn't change the tiles, because he already has changed a good amount of them for a FireRed hack. He already has changed many. Also, no, tiles do not make a difference in a hack and attract people to it. Just look at Pokémon rijonAdventures and Pokémon Liquid Ocean, which are some of the best FireRed hacks with hardly any tile changes.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
New update: I've finally got the worldmap inserted!

Spoiler:

Yeah I know it's not perfect (since there are blank tiles at the bottom) but it's better than nothing I guess. The map may change slightly in the public beta that is to be released. The position data isn't done yet hence the player being in a wrong area but I'll get that all sorted once I've gotten all the areas named. As for the little tile error at the bottom I'll get that fixed too in time.

A lot of progress has been done recently. I've been doing a TON of scripting (which isn't very fun, mind you). Most of the areas and scripts for beta 1 have been completed but I still have a fair amount of work to do. I've decided to end beta 1 at the 3rd gym. That's all for now.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
:D
I can't wait for the beta.
And with the World Map, I believe that you can edit the tilemap to get rid of the blank tiles.
And you might want to sharpen it a bit, it's kind of blurry.
Best of luck!

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Not really an update but...

Uh-oh! Recently I tried to send a beta to my beta tester and creating a patch with LIPS. Well the program said that (somehow) the patch exceeded 16 MB! So to address the problem, the patch will be made the same program rijonAdventures has (since it supports bigger files). I'll probably include the program along with the patch but I just wanted to say this to you guys.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Oh noes!
Oh well, apparently UPS is the best way to deliver hacks.
Can't wait for the beta!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Brilliant, this hack just looks so professional. All the maps are brilliant and flawless. GL with this and I can't wait to play Beta 1!

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
The tilesets that you've created are spectacular!
Best of luck, and I hope to play it soon ^_^

Back