• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Guys please keep the questions and answers Black 2 and White 2 specific. This is not a discussion or help thread for EV training.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I accidentally killed Latias on a bad crit, and didn't realize it would attack me when I stepped on the tile so I didn't save beforehand. Is there any way to fight it again or will I have to reset and lose my last few hours of work? ;/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I accidentally killed Latias on a bad crit, and didn't realize it would attack me when I stepped on the tile so I didn't save beforehand. Is there any way to fight it again or will I have to reset and lose my last few hours of work? ;/

;A;
Daaaang. Yeah, it's gone for good. unlike the Musketeers, every other legendary Pokemon goes away forever once defeated. :c

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
How does BW2 translate to usual first,second,third games of same gen scheme?

I mean Diamond and Pearl had a few differences. Platinum was the third and it is kinda combined version of D&P. How does this work with BW and BW2?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I mean Diamond and Pearl had a few differences. Platinum was the third and it is kinda combined version of D&P. How does this work with BW and BW2?

BW2 is kind of instead of the third game for the generation. Game Freak decided to give us new games entirely, rather than a third game this time.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

To add to what vaporeon7 already said, B2/W2 are the sequels to the original B/W, as opposed to being merely "third versions" of them.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Wow! That is nice. So one should play first either Black or White and then Black 2 or White 2 to get a total different experience than just a few differences? It sounds cool. It is surely better than playing two almost identical games and a combined one at last.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Wow! That is nice. So one should play first either Black or White and then Black 2 or White 2 to get a total different experience than just a few differences? It sounds cool. It is surely better than playing two almost identical games and a combined one at last.

Yes, I would recommend playing Black or White before Black 2 or White 2. You'll understand the games much better then. Also you can unlock some stuff using B/W in B2/W2 such as Memory Link.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Guys, we don't want to have to keep repeating ourselves. XanderO and I have made it very clear this is not a discuss forum. It's a quick question and quick answer thread. Nothing more than that. No thanks yous, no discussing the answer.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Is there a place I can get Vitamins earlier in the game or do I have wait for the big shopping area near Souryuu City and rely on the Dream World in the meantime?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Is there a place I can get Vitamins earlier in the game or do I have wait for the big shopping area near Souryuu City and rely on the Dream World in the meantime?

Shopping Mall Nine, Join Avenue, Battle Subway, Pokemon World Tournament, and Hidden throughout the world. That's all that's written so those are the only ways to get them outside of the Dream World.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years

I believe you would have to either level up a Mart in your Join Avenue (after 3rd badge) or grind PWT (after 5th IIRC maybe before) for BP and buy them @ 1 BP each.

I assume you meant places you could acquire mass amounts, I don't have a list of all the ones you find on the ground anyway lol.

If you go the Mart/Join Avenue route there are 2 different types of Marts that sell 3 different kinds of Vitamins each. (I recommend Serebii's article on it for specifics.) The vitamins are unlocked at rank 5, 6 and 7 Marts which isn't too bad. If you level them in conjunction with Dojo's/Cafes you save tons of time in the long run anyway as they both train EVs in mass amounts cheaply!

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I believe you would have to either level up a Mart in your Join Avenue (after 3rd badge) or grind PWT (after 5th IIRC maybe before) for BP and buy them @ 1 BP each.

I assume you meant places you could acquire mass amounts, I don't have a list of all the ones you find on the ground anyway lol.

If you go the Mart/Join Avenue route there are 2 different types of Marts that sell 3 different kinds of Vitamins each. (I recommend Serebii's article on it for specifics.) The vitamins are unlocked at rank 5, 6 and 7 Marts which isn't too bad. If you level them in conjunction with Dojo's/Cafes you save tons of time in the long run anyway as they both train EVs in mass amounts cheaply!

I'm sorry, what are PWT and IIRC?

When you say "Mart/Join Avenue", you mean shops I set up in Join Avenue?

On the subject of Join Avenue, what exactly do the Dojos do? I've skimmed over the Serebii article but I'm wondering about more specific details. Do they fill up a Pokemon's EV potential in place of vitamins or do they give the@ an even higher EV ceiling? Are Dojos more effective than vitamins?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm sorry, what are PWT and IIRC?

When you say "Mart/Join Avenue", you mean shops I set up in Join Avenue?

On the subject of Join Avenue, what exactly do the Dojos do? I've skimmed over the Serebii article but I'm wondering about more specific details. Do they fill up a Pokemon's EV potential in place of vitamins or do they give the@ an even higher EV ceiling? Are Dojos more effective than vitamins?
PWT is Pokémon World Tournament. And IIRC is "if I recall correctly".
Dojos are more effective than vitamins as vitamins stop adding EVs after reaching 100 EV points.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello!
I kinda need some help on a certain anomaly.
When I use the Battle Videos feature of the Global Terminal and upload a video, after it's done, I seem to be unable to move away from the completion screen, which would state: "Your Battle Video has been uploaded. Video Number: (insert number)" or something like that. I tried pressing like all buttons and it failed...the soft reset combo didn't work. So whenever I finish uploading, I'd always turn off the DS instead of simply starting at the Pokemon Center. For this whole issue, would waiting for a few good minutes do the trick, or is this a permanent glitch? Thanks. And also...bear in mind, when I get stuck in the completion screen, the game still plays the music and the animation of the three bars moving around on the Vs. Recorder's side\the game doesn't freeze, it still functions.

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
Just wanting to know (yes, it probably sounds so nooby ...) but what does your Join Avenue actually do? I never understood on my first play of the game, but now I at least want to know if it does anything cool ect.

Thanks in advance. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Just wanting to know (yes, it probably sounds so nooby ...) but what does your Join Avenue actually do? I never understood on my first play of the game, but now I at least want to know if it does anything cool ect.

Thanks in advance. :)

Basically, you invite NPCs that walk by there to start up shops that do things such as easing Pokemon training.

I don't know everything about Join Avenue, but you can check here for more.

Eps

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
Was I supposed to get HM06 Dive from Hugh in Undella Town after the battle? I didn't get it...

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Do Dream World Pokemon caught in the Entralink Forest count towards the "Catch 50 Pokemon in a day" medal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back