• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
What about a challenge that involves on using pokemon related to your Zodiac sign? I have also heard that there are different zodiacs so using one pokemon from each of your zodiac.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's still a thread for it? I know we've had one, but I haven't seen it in forever so I thought it died off or something. Hm.

And wasn't someone else working on that challenge anyway? They haven't posted it yet I don't think...not that I remember. So if anything, it's currently in the works.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I do remember some one working on that, yes. They discovered new Zodiacs most people don't know about so they had to add them.

Years
Yes, I have been working on the challenge, and it is actually finished. I posted it to the subreddit, but not here because I couldn't find the time to participate in it.

Though if someone wishes to post the topic, I can easily send you the picture.

Thanks guys, for forgetting me already.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
i was just wondering is there a challenge is there a challenge where you can only battle each gym leader with pokemon of the same type as their gym? for example you can only play against burgh with bug type pokemon etc

Done both that challenge and one where you can only use Pokemon that are weak to the Gym type. I like this one better.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Hey guys, I have a question for all of you. What game do you guys find better for challenges, BW or BW2? I am unsure of which one would be best, and I'm curious to see what everyone else believes. General speed in which one could complete the game, given typical end requirements of the games, is pretty important in my decision.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
imo, BW2 is much superior to BW1. In addition, most challenges require you beat Alder in BW1, meaning lots of tedious grinding, but BW2 standard is the first fight against Iris.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
BW2 has much more Pokemon and it's a more difficult game, plus challenge mode. If I had a free BW2 file, I'd be using those games more often for challenges instead of BW.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Sorry for no responses, I was really busy last few days. I'm currently doing a mono flying challenge on Black 2, but I have to release my highest level after every 2 gyms :p. I traded in my whole team in the beginning, while I solo'd Cheren with a Pidove, which is now boxed. I had to release either Archen or Woobat after Roxie, so I chose for Woobat, since I have another psychic type in Sigilyph.

:)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It's no big deal if you don't post for a few days. Lots of us sometimes have no time for it. So no need to apologize, we're not going anywhere! :D

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
imo, BW2 is much superior to BW1. In addition, most challenges require you beat Alder in BW1, meaning lots of tedious grinding, but BW2 standard is the first fight against Iris.
Interestingly enough, BW seems to be faster though, since the first half goes by so quick, although I guess BW2 would go faster if you use the Lucky Egg and skip some trainers. Usually for me they end up about the same (ending and Alder/first Iris fight).

I will say that BW2 isn't worth playing unless you use challenge mode though.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Challenge mode is certainly a worthwhile addition. I just wish it wasn't limited to Black version to unlock. I mean, seriously, who's gonna use an Easy mode AFTER you beat the game. Come on Game Freak.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Not to mention that the mode unlocks vanish if you start a new save. =/ and only ones who can share the Challenge modes are the Black2 users. (Even if you'd have both modes on a W2 save it will only send over the easy mode.)

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Challenge mode is certainly a worthwhile addition. I just wish it wasn't limited to Black version to unlock. I mean, seriously, who's gonna use an Easy mode AFTER you beat the game. Come on Game Freak.

Wish they were BOTH available from the get-go.

BTW...those characters on your avatar and your sig...fakemon or...?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Yeah, my friend is working on a Fan Game, and this is one of the Fakemon I concocted for it. They're Fire/Psychic Pokemon, Pyrokinetic was the concept (Something that Victini really wasn't...) They are intended to be the opposite of the Ralts Family, in that they're more masculine, with a female split evolution.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Yeah, my friend is working on a Fan Game, and this is one of the Fakemon I concocted for it. They're Fire/Psychic Pokemon, Pyrokinetic was the concept (Something that Victini really wasn't...) They are intended to be the opposite of the Ralts Family, in that they're more masculine, with a female split evolution.

THATS FREAKING AWESOME!!! whats the names? and what fan game?...I MUST DOWNLOAD THIS! (when it comes out of course)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It's a long ways off, it's all conceptual atm. Little guy on the Left is Pyrokin, On the Right is Pyrotic, Middle is Pyrocaust, and floating is Pyrosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back