• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anticipated releases?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Any new music, movies, books, anime, TV shows, or anything else of that sort that is scheduled for release in the new future that you're anticipating greatly?

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I don't keep up with much of anything anymore. I just know Arrested Development and Workaholics are about to release new seasons (and a movie!) and that's why I'm still alive.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I don't really anticipate music releases or anime, but movies I am looking forward to include Side Effects, The Great Gatsby, Beautiful Creatures, Catching Fire and Stoker. This is a good year for movies.

Years
^ what Toshiro. said, basically I'm looking forwards to almost a dozen movie premieres. There's a rock band I like named RED who's releasing a new album in February, so there's that too I guess.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Movies:
- Star Trek Into the Darkness
- Warm Bodies

TV Shows:
- Legend of Korra, Book II - Spirits
- Spartacus

Very much looking forward to the above coming out. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment D:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Biffy Clyro's new album Opposites will be released shortly which I cannot wait for. What I've heard so far has been amazing and knowing Biffy it's only going to get better, so I'm pretty excited for this. Other than that there's the rest of the new series of Doctor Who with the new assistant and there's the new Hobbit film coming out a long time from now, but not much else I can think of for now haha.

Years
I always forget what's coming out. Thanks for reminding about the new Star Trek movie. I'm definitely looking forward to that more than anything that I can think of right now (which isn't a whole lot, admittedly.) Oh, and the next season of Sherlock. Basically I'm looking forward to anything with Benedict Cumberbatch in it.

Edit: holy cow, how did I forget they were rebooting Sailor Moon? I am all over that.

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Oh man oh man oh man, I'm more stoked for anime this year than I've ever been.
Spoiler:

Other than that...Not much. There's a visual novel that I'm looking forward to and a couple of video games, but that's it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not big on tv shows or movies really, but I am anticipating Book 2 of The Legend of Korra. And I'd like to see Catching Fire. I didn't even plan on seeing the Hunger Games, but I enjoyed it and will probably continue to see the rest of the movies in the series...even though there's only three lol.

As for music, Klippy said Kings of Leon is supposed to have a new album this year, though I haven't heard any such news. :( I'm just hoping he's right, so that's my musical anticipation for 2013. When it comes to music, I just like to discover it as I go through the year. But Kings of Leon has been my favorite band for years, so of course that's one of the only groups I actively keep up with. Considering one of them just had a child though, idk I feel like there won't be anything new this year, but I see Jared tweeting about being in the studio and practicing sometimes...though he could be talking about his other band Smoke and Jackal. Yes, I keep up more with the Kings than the Kardashians. Sue me.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Definitely Vividred Operation and Tamako Market, as far as anime is concerned. In regards to movies, definitely Side Effects, After Earth, and Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I'm not too big on keeping up with TBR albums or television shows, so I'm at a loss there. Everything in that respect comes as it will.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
-Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Thor 2
-Transformers 4 (I've heard it's coming soon)
-Jurassic Park 4 (apparently they set a release date of 2014 or something...)
-Gundam Unicorn episode 6
-Gundam Seed Destiny Remaster

jgalvan100

*****monally Challenged
Years
I'm really looking forward to Eminem's new album. As for movies, the new DBZ movies looks awesome. Also the reveal of the Mom in HIMYM.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Music

M.I.A. (whose first two albums are just blazing fun and colourful) is going to release an album this year, as well as Danny Brown. Looking forward to both!

Possibly a new Death Grips or My Bloody Valentine album too. :D

Movies

I'm looking forward to Side Effects and Man of Steel, but otherwise it doesn't look to be a particularly interesting year (besides those two Ryan Gosling flicks that isn't Gangster Squad!).

TV Shows

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT BABE. Also, looking forward to the final chapter of Breaking Bad in the summer, Community very, very soon, and a new season of Mad Men as well as Game of Thrones.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Music
Too many to count. Metallica, Blind Guardian, Sodom, Rotting Christ, Anthrax all have albums either confirmed to be released this year or have set dates, and there's just so many more. January alone gave me 10 new albums.
Movies
Die Hard next month, all the Marvel movies, and I guess whatever may come along in the year.

Back