• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrash

Feebas Führer
Years
Whats the fastest way to train high level pokemon?
Black Tower/White Tree Hollow is the best way to go. You win prize money and there's no limit on how many times you do it. Slap a Lucky Egg on that Pokémon and you'll level pretty quickly.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Black Tower/White Tree Hollow is the best way to go. You win prize money and there's no limit on how many times you do it. Slap a Lucky Egg on that Pokémon and you'll level pretty quickly.
Only make sure you go in prepared; You can't use items; in or out of battle. You can still have Pokemon hold stuff, though.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
Not only that, but the Trainers in the Black Tower are also pretty tough to beat, if your team is sort of under-leveled... If your Pokemon gets a status effect except confusion or infatuation and it does not have the ability Natural Cure or any other ability that allows the Pokemon to naturally heal its status effect out of battle, you need to watch out because the status effect is permanent throughout your challenge as you cannot use items. Furthermore, the only way out of this is to battle a doctor.

This is why I hate Zebstrikas with Toxic in Area 10 of the Black Tower :@

Adore

Party.
Years
I'm trying to complete my Unova Pokedex without a 3DS (I don't have one) and Dream Radar. Three of the last few Pokemon I need are Thundurus, Landlorus and Tornadus. I tried trading for them a while back but apparently they can't be traded while they're in their Therian Formes. Can be traded in their Incarnate Formes?

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Okay, so I have not played on the random battles at all yet in my white 2 version, however I did play in the Pokemon spring regional championships. Well yesterday I was trying to do random battles and it isn't letting me saying that's have to wait one hour because I disconnected from a battle (which I haven't even played in a wifi battle yet). So I wait an hour, and try again but I get the same message. I don't know what to do

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2013
Sry if this has already been asked but right now I'm at work overtime and I can't read the entire thing. My q is. Today I caught an ot pokemon. Is this rare? Did I do something great? I feel real good like finding a shinny of my favorite guy in the wild but still I want to know just how rare or common is this? White 2 is my game.

Adore

Party.
Years
Sry if this has already been asked but right now I'm at work overtime and I can't read the entire thing. My q is. Today I caught an ot pokemon. Is this rare? Did I do something great? I feel real good like finding a shinny of my favorite guy in the wild but still I want to know just how rare or common is this? White 2 is my game.

It sounds like you caught one of N's Pokemon. If you've used Game Sync, some of the Pokemon N used in Black and White can be caught by the player in B2W2 (he released them off-screen, but it was shown in a flashback in B2W2). It is akin to catching a Shiny (thus the animation when they enter battle). There's only one of each of his Pokemon in the wild, but I believe it's much more common to find one of them than a Shiny. You can find out more about them here if you're interested!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've read this is possible, and I want to know before moving my cartridge between systems.

Is it possible to send a received Wonder Card to another game? i.e. let's say I want to receive the Wonder Card for Deoxys, B2/W2 only, then send it to B/W and receive it there. Can that be done?

(Yes, I know a second Wonder Card is not later generated.)

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I've read this is possible, and I want to know before moving my cartridge between systems.

Is it possible to send a received Wonder Card to another game? i.e. let's say I want to receive the Wonder Card for Deoxys, B2/W2 only, then send it to B/W and receive it there. Can that be done?

(Yes, I know a second Wonder Card is not later generated.)

Cyclone

What do you mean? As in trade the wonder card to B/W? No Wonder cards are locked to your game you received it on. Gamefreak and TPC were supposed to make some Woder cards that would allow you to send out a signal that your friends could receive but they never made an event like that. at the bottom of the wonder card its supposed to say whether or not its re-sendable. none of the events are however.

Even still if we could, those cards are locked to specific games. If it can only be downloaded on B2W2 then even if we could transfer them to B/W through Inferred, we couldn't since B/W isn't able to receive the download.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
New quick question. I know that every major status ailment helps a Pokemon's catch rate but does confusion and/or infatuation also increase the catch rate?

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Fifth Gen Noobie

Hey everyone! Old school Pokemon fan trying to get back into the games. The last games I played were Fire Red & Leaf Green for Advance SP. I don't know any Pokemon outside the first 251, so I'm excited to jump in & see how much its expanded! Anyways, I'm taking the hit today and heading to Game Stop to buy a used DS. I was told I should def invest in Black 2 or White 2. Suggestions? Why should I choose one over the other? Anything to help me out would be AWESOME! Thank you!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey everyone! Old school Pokemon fan trying to get back into the games. The last games I played were Fire Red & Leaf Green for Advance SP. I don't know any Pokemon outside the first 251, so I'm excited to jump in & see how much its expanded! Anyways, I'm taking the hit today and heading to Game Stop to buy a used DS. I was told I should def invest in Black 2 or White 2. Suggestions? Why should I choose one over the other? Anything to help me out would be AWESOME! Thank you!

I'd get White 2 if I were you, as it has better exclusives, IMO, like Reuniclus and Reshiram.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
The biggest difference is if either you want to catch Reshiram (Fire/Dragon) or Zekrom (Electric/Dragon), and of course the version exclusive Pokemon. You can click here for a full list of them. I got Black2 because i love Zekrom and i really like the exclusives, like Heracross and Magmar. In the end it's up to you though ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Let's see if I can sort some of this out for you.

B/W and B2/W2 have generally the same wild Unova Pokémon exclusive to them; for instance, Gothita is in B/B2 and Solosis in W/W2. So research Unova exclusives and decide what you like. You may prefer B2/W2 with past generation Pokémon in the wild everywhere, not just in eastern Unova.

B/W2 allow you to catch Reshiram. W/B2 allow you to catch Zekrom.

B/W allow Tornadus (B only)/Thundurus (W only)/Landorus (must have both) to be caught in-game. B2/W2 allow all three as well, but in Therian form and you must use Dream Radar (a separate application) if you don't want to trade for them.

Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion can all be caught; in B2/W2 they appear in front of you starting with Cobalion at Route 13. Terrakion comes out after you defeat the final Gym; I don't recall seeing it before clearing all eight Gyms. In B/W, you must seek their chambers, two of which can be found in B2/W2 as well (but are empty).

Liberty Garden Victini is event-only in B/W. Event has passed. You can technically Action Replay the item into your game, but some see this as cheating even though it's an expired event. You can still trade for many other Victini events, however.

Finally, Kyurem is available in all four games. The final three after it (Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect) are exclusively events.

B2/W2 feature a lot of past legendaries; for instance, Cresselia and the Lake Guardians appear post-E4, as does either Latios or Latias. Also, the Golems put in an eventual appearance post-E4. Deoxys is a CURRENT EVENT. Heatran appears at Reversal Mountain. If you like getting legendaries, get either B2/W2, but use the exclusives in each game (such as Reshiram in W2, Zekrom in B2) to decide what you prefer. I chose Black for Reshiram, myself, and got W2 because I wanted to change colours.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Ha wow, you guys are great! I'm kind a fire guy... always have been! Might have to go with White 2 then. I'll be back later today with the update! Thank you!

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
How would the EV distribution work on White Kyurem or Black Kyurem? If I separated them will all the EVs be moved to Kyurem or how would it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back