• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YOTO (You only take one.)

Years
If you had to take just one Pokemon with you to survive the zombie apocalypse, which one would it be? Would you want a Pokemon that fights for you, scavenge for supplies or just keep you company (since you've got a shotty) ?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Very good question, especially since NEW WALKING DEAD TONIGHT HELL FRIGGIN YES.

Umbreon. Its rings glow at night, which makes it perfect for darker forests and places, and it can also be alert when it comes to walkers nearby. Umbreon can also be great in attacking walkers and scavenging for necessary items. It makes the perfect companion during this time.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Gourgeist. It's pretty zombieish itself, so maybe I can avoid getting attacked. And with Pickup, I can scavenge for supplies.

But my second choice would be any flying type. Pretty sure zombies can't get off the ground.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Zombies... They are poison-type, right? 8D So a steel type would be ultimate. Also, if it could fly, I could ride it and get away quickly. So, Skarmory it is!

It might be better to have a pokémon with good special attacks though. Flamethrower to be able to burn zombies that happen to get close. Charizard or Talonflame would therefore be great.

TrinityLovesPokemon

TrinityLovesPokemon
Years
I would take a Growlithe with me, they're my favorite pokemon! They can keep me warm at night, AND they're dogs so they have a great sense of smell, they'd be able to detect zombies from far away. Also a fire type, so they can light the way in the dark and burn through any zombies! :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd probably take Scizor. Scizor may not be very fast, but it could strike devastating Bullet Punch attacks. It's got major Attack stat, and with the help of its Technician ability, it gets a boost to all its low-powered attacks like Pursuit, Quick Attack, and, of course, Bullet Punch. As long as it's got some energy left in its body, zombies wouldn't stand a chance—they wouldn't be able to get anywhere near me. If I was allowed to have two Pokémon, then the second one would be Vulpix. I'd always cuddle with it; due to its warm body, I would never feel cold. (:

Years
I'd take a Tropius. I can eat its fruit when we haven't come across canned goods for days - also I'd imagine its a herbivore so there shouldn't be any problem finding food for it in the apocalypse. Its hidden ability Harvest could mean that I could be completely sufficient on it for food. Also, we can fly away in a pinch. I might want to keep a Poochyena as well if I happen to come across one. Dogs are loyal and it can Howl in case of an attack. I just hope that Run Away works in real life the same way it works in the games.

Sirfetch’d

HAHAHA! I am Michonne so I don't need a Pokemon to help me survive the Zombie Apocalypse ;D but if I HAD to take one it would definitely be Aegislash. It could switch into Shield Form to protect me from an attack and then switch into Blade Form to slash the zombie in half.

Years
I'd expect picking a legendary Pokemon would be cheating, so I'd like to say that I'd pick a Steelix to help me survive a zombie apocalypse. I made my choice before reading some of the other replies, but I seem to be of the same opinion that a Steel type would be one of the best choices, as it'd likely be immune to any zombie attacks itself. As for Steelix, it's one of the largest (and presumably strongest) Pokemon there is, so I'd feel much safer hiding behind that than say, a Scizor or Skarmory. Plus, with Steelix's main habitat being in caves and underground, I probably wouldn't have to worry too much about being found, though it might be difficult to gather supplies.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
If it was the zombie apocalypse, I would obviously take Abra to teleport me the **** away!
Or maybe a healer of some sort to cure the zombies of the sickness.
Honestly I don't think zombie apocalypse would ever happen in the Pokemon world because Pokemon would kill the zombies with non contac moves (so not to contract disease,) and knowing the healing abilities of many Pokemon combined with the technology, the zombie disease would probably be curable.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
My first instinct was probably Serperior. I mean it would be great for stealth missions and scavenging for food. It knows a variety of attacks including special attacks, so that it could fend off the zombies without touching them. It's also pretty fast, so it could swoop me out of danger. Face it, I would have chosen Serperior no matter what.

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
the first pokemon that i thought of was charizard lol. he could do a lot of damage and fly me away from hordes

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I'd have to pick Samurott. I doubt Zombies could swim and with Razor Shell and X-Scissors he could chop zombies up easiliy. and if i was in the prison and zombies threatened to knock down the fence I would use Hydro Pump

Years
I'm thinking maybe Dodrio. It has three heads and one is always awake so that's a good way to make sure I'm watched over. I can ride it and it's fast so I can run away when I need to.

Typhon

'sup
Years
Greninja would be amazing. His Speed is extreme; not sure about his Attack, but ftw Extrasensory! :P But yeah, I would choose him because of his immense speed, and his fast attacks. It would also be able to swim on water, which would be especially useful in a zombie apocalypse. :> ~

Years
An interesting question: which Pokemon attacks would be effective or not against zombies? Which types would be weak against zombie attacks?

I was thinking that psychic moves might be weak against zombies since they don't have a coherent brain to mind control.

Back