• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Re-branding Agency™

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ever looked at a Feraligatr and been stuck on how to pronounce it?
Ever come across an Escavalier and not used it at risk of spelling is name wrong?
Ever found a Pokémon like Timburr who's name was so uncreative that it brought a tear to your eye?

Here at Rebrandaco™ we hear you, and we're here to put an end to these tragedies.

396_900.gif

If you've ever seen a Pokémon and thought it got a bad deal with its branding, this is the game for you! It's a simple task in which we will be renaming the Pokédex, suggesting new and better names for each Pokémon within. (You can change the species, too!) The first person will chose a Pokémon to be re-branded before the second person gives it a better name and picks one for the next poster - here's an example!

PinkSalmon101: Let's start - I've always thought Roserade had an awful name, what would you call it instead?
BlackTrout212: Roserade? You must mean Herose, right, the Rose Hero Pokémon? ;D But now that you mention it, I've always found Staryu's name a bit odd...
NavyKipper323: Then let's rename him! I always saw him as some kind of silent killer of the sea, so how about Shuriqua, the Aqua Shuriken Pokémon? I think Dunsparce needs a re-branding too!

Hopefully it's a simple enough game to get started with, so here we go! First up, I've always hated Slowpoke's name, so let's rebrand it! :D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I would change that name to Eggklust (combo of egg and klust)

Giratina needs a better name. Makes it sound like a girl (Gtine = Xtine)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
You mean Fluskunk, the Skunk Pokémon that'll make you sick for weeks? I agree, he doesn't!

Although something that does is Bastiodon, maybe we have a more appropriate name for him?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Bastiodon is that rhino pokemon right? I thought his name was Wallidon, the wall Pokemon.

Another pokemon that looks like a wall is Snorlax right?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
uh, would snorlax be better named Phateatsno (Phat + Eat + Snooze)

muk needs a better name

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Muk is a good name for what it's describing, but I think something more fearsome like Sludgester would do the job! (Okay that was awful I know but 'sludge' and 'monster', come on guys, a pity laugh? :D)

Now it's time to give the god of all Pokémon a makeover - find a new name for Sandshrew!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Bulbasaur's an easy one - he'll just be known as Roserex to demonstrate his plant/dinosaur hybridisation... thing? ;D

Now rename Toxicroak, his name's too scary!

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
No double posting, please.

Electrool (Combination of Electric and Wool).

Rename Gardevoir please.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Uhhh, Guadihope (Guardian + Hope)

Let's try and rename Luxray

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Seeing a above poster didn't give me a Pokémon to rename, I will choose...

...Grotle

I would rename it Turbush (Turtle + Bush)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Same case as above; I'll choose Trubbish! (Bet you can't guess where I got that idea from ;D)

I'll name him Spewsack, with 'Spew' coming from spewing out garbage juice/fumes and 'sack' being quite the obvious choice.

Now someone rename Pinsir because that thing bugs me :D

Back