• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
which flags would be good to use for item visibility in my hack for FR? because right now im using all of the original item visibility flags as the flags for my regular script. o-o

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
may or may not be related but i saw something about a fire red hack following Red from poke special, and was wondering if anything was ever done with it, and if there is a link.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
may or may not be related but i saw something about a fire red hack following Red from poke special, and was wondering if anything was ever done with it, and if there is a link.

If I understand what you want is the follow me feature? People are discussing about it for FireRed. It can be found in the research and development section.

You need 15 posts to post links.
Assistant stop, you're drunk.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
If I understand what you want is the follow me feature? People are discussing about it for FireRed. It can be found in the research and development section.

Assistant stop, you're drunk.

He only has 11 posts and keep the arguing to the vm's.

The follow me script was not going to we'll. Jambo51 was ver close (I read almost every post because it was quite interesting) however he said that he was most likely going to start over after he finished the 649 patch for FireRed, which is also tied into Chaos Rush's sprite resource.

Years
For this, you want him to disappear as fast as you finish talking to him? If that's the case you need to add the line:
disappear LASTTALKED
after the callstd, then set a flag to keep him disappeared. Make sure you change his Person ID
to whatever flag you used (found in A-Map).

EDIT:
Try it out yourself first. If it doesn't work look at this as reference:
Spoiler:

I know it's a while back but how do I get the person I defeat in battle say the @afterwards part rightway and not have to talk to him

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I know it's a while back but how do I get the person I defeat in battle say the @afterwards part rightway and not have to talk to him

You do trainerbattle 0x3 0xid 0x0 @defeat . The script then continues :)
Take notice, the intro message is not used like in: trainerbattle 0x0 0xid 0x0 @intro @defeat.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2013
Problems with pokescript

I hope i posted this in the right section!
I have searched for these problems but with no luck! :-/
I need a little help with pokescript!
I have two issues
1)with messages and how they appear in the rom!
e.g
Code:
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 410
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = De-oxys!
boxset 6
wildbattle 410 10 1
pause 0x70
fadescreen 1
removesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1211
pause 0x10
fadescreen 0
release
end
it should make the text De-oxys! appear and start the battle
when i import this compiled script via advance map to my rom i get the deoxys event but instead of saying De-oxys! it makes unreadable characters appear and then the event starts with no problems!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2)Another problem i come across is that when i run from the battle or catch it or anyways end the battle in every way possible the deoxys stays in its place instead of disappearing!
P.S. The rom is clean i just named the folder beta 1 because i wanted to create a hack but right now the *.gba file is clean!
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I hope i posted this in the right section!
I have searched for these problems but with no luck! :-/
I need a little help with pokescript!
I have two issues
1)with messages and how they appear in the rom!
e.g
Code:
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 410
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = De-oxys!
boxset 6
wildbattle 410 10 1
pause 0x70
fadescreen 1
removesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1211
pause 0x10
fadescreen 0
release
end
it should make the text De-oxys! appear and start the battle
when i import this compiled script via advance map to my rom i get the deoxys event but instead of saying De-oxys! it makes unreadable characters appear and then the event starts with no problems!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2)Another problem i come across is that when i run from the battle or catch it or anyways end the battle in every way possible the deoxys stays in its place instead of disappearing!
P.S. The rom is clean i just named the folder beta 1 because i wanted to create a hack but right now the *.gba file is clean!
Thanks in advance!

You want to visit the scripting help thread for these kind of problems. Regarding your problem, I don't know what's wrong but I assume you can't do the
$cry = deo-xys
Use a simple message box to say deo-xys.

Also for the disappearing problem remove this part from your script:
Code:
[B]fadescreen 1
removesprite 0x800F[/B]
setflag 0x1211
[B]pause 0x10
fadescreen 0[/B]

Another thing that you should do is learn to script in XSE or PKSV. They have more commands registered, are simpler(easier to read and understand the code) and you'll get more help with it. No one uses Pokescript, it's an old program, so no one can help you properly. Try downloading PKSV or XSE. There are many excellent tutorials on how to use both.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2013
I have started with pksv but i had another problem whatever wild pokemon encounter i had when i run from a scripted wild battle it said The wild mewtwo flew away and i couldn't find anything for that problem too!
actually i found some things but they wouldn't work!
Thanks for your reply though!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also i have tried the simple message box with no luck just the same text appears!
I removed the code compiled it burned it loaded through a-map but still the same just got rid of the fadescreens!

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I have started with pksv but i had another problem whatever wild pokemon encounter i had when i run it said The wild mewtwo flew away and i couldn't find anything for that problem too!
actually i found some things but they wouldn't work!
Thanks for your reply though!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also i have tried the simple message box with no luck just the same text appears!
I removed the code compiled it burned it loaded through a-map but still the same just got rid of the fadescreens!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=195659&highlight=PKSV
Read this tutorial, it's a little cluttered (as in the comments make the code look kinda confusing), but it's a good tutorial and things are explained well. Learning the basics before attempting something hard is always the way to go.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Which variables can i use in Ruby (U)?

Let me explain: of course i can use 0x4049, but it is still used for other Ruby script. And since i don't know for what, i prefer not override this value. If the are free variables, is better.

Thanks a lot :)

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
If you want to hack, read the tutorial section. If you want to make your own game, go to the game development form to learn about rpg maker, pokemon essentials, etc. DS hacking is tough as there aren't a lot of programs yet for everything, but it gets easier everyday. You can check it out in the toolbox and the tutorial section.

The best tool for rom hacking of gba games right now is Pokemon Game Editor. It can download most of the other tools you will need as well as having a lot of built in tools that are really good.

Thanks KarateKid, You pointed me in the right direction, Game Development. But I still have need for hacking Help.

I looked through the Tuts for [Graphics] and only found Tuts for Inserting and Editing of Sprites and Titles. Any one out there that direct me to a Tut for Exporting/Ripping of the graphics for the DS level games?

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2013
@FBI agent
Thanks i am going to search for it more and i hope that i find a solution for my 2 problems!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Which variables can i use in Ruby (U)?

Let me explain: of course i can use 0x4049, but it is still used for other Ruby script. And since i don't know for what, i prefer not override this value. If the are free variables, is better.

Thanks a lot :)

Vars in the 5000's are great for scripting. You can also try to find unused 4000's but I like the 5000's.

Edit: Don't use vars in the 5E00's as they begin to store themselves in the PC box space. Not good.

Thanks KarateKid, You pointed me in the right direction, Game Development. But I still have need for hacking Help.

I looked through the Tuts for [Graphics] and only found Tuts for Inserting and Editing of Sprites and Titles. Any one out there that direct me to a Tut for Exporting/Ripping of the graphics for the DS level games?

All sprites can be found online with a quick google search.

For mapping, look for Spikey's DS map editor. There you will a discussion of mapping in the 4th gen and how to work with it. I don't know much about ripping the tile sets and such, but you may be able to do it with Spikey's map editor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back