• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon that you don't evolve into final stage

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
There is only one Pokemon that I never evolve.

That Pokemon is the only one that actually gets weaker upon evolution.

The Pokemon, in question, is Magikarp.

Ok, in all seriousness, I have to go with Vigoroth. At least in maingame, where I find no use for Skill Swap. Metagame, I can see it happening.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I never evolve Totodile or Pikachu. Actually, there's alot of pokemon I don't evolve, primarily because I don't like the evolved forms design. Never gave a crap about stats.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I got a Pikachu that I don't evolve. Because I use it on wi-fi battles to prove that Pikachu is an awesome Pokemon despite what Pikachu haters say :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
There aren't any that I never evolve, but there are a few of which I catch more than one, so that I can evolve one and keep the other unevolved - Dragonair/Dragonite, Vigoroth/Slaking, Scyther/Scizor...

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Chansey, Magneton and Vigoroth. They can all tank hits better with an Eviolite, but also, Chansey looks cuter, Magneton is faster and Vigoroth has a better ability than their pre-evolutions.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I usually evolve every Pokemon, only exception was a Vigoroth i had in Sapphire (because of his ability) and if a Pokemon can learn a certain attack his Evolution can't or needs a TM to, like Growlithe and Flamethrower. Oh yeah, and i delay stone evolutions as much as possible

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
I tend to avoid evolving Haunter, Graveller, Kadabra, Pidgeotto, Tranquill or Ducklett. I prefer their designs to those of their evolutions and I don't engage in competitive battling, so it doesn't really hurt my play.

I sometimes just give up and let them evolve when I get sick of hitting "B", though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I have never had a reason to hold a pokémon back from evolution. If I want to use unevolved pokémon I'll stick with mystery dungeon.

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
I don't evolve Pikachu or Vigoroth. Sometimes I keep my Bulbasaur a Bulbasaur because I love them so much.

Years
I once ran through crystal with a chikorita I didn't level. I stopped it's evolution myself until elm gave me the everstone, then I never took it off. I don't really even remember why did this, I really liked chikorita compared to it's evolutions back then. If there's any I wouldnt evolve because of design it's be gabite. I prefer it over garchomp. Another pokemon I didn't evolve once was trapinch, and I did that mostly so I could skip over vibrava heheh...

Back