• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Same Level Addict

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm guilty of doing this. I always want my team to be on the same level with each other so they can compete equally whenever I need them to. For example, My whole team is level 30 but my Charmeleon is level 28, it would be Charmeleon that would do all the battle untils he hits level 30.

Skalla

Drama Queen
Years
I'm very guilty of keeping my team at a steady level. Many times in a playthrough I stop my progress to grind up my team until they're all even.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I try to keep my Pokémon of equal levels. The only times there is a Pokémon 4 to 5 levels higher than the other 5 (Usually only one Pokémon is in this state) is when I use it as a type advantage Pokémon for a gym. Then I try to avoid using him or her so the other 5 will slowly reach his level and they'll be equal again. Additionally, I can't stand seeing 2 or more Pokémon at level 12 while the rest are in their twenties. It just looks weird on the Pokémon menu screen. This always make me cringe when I have 4 Pokémon on my team at the time and I catch new wild Pokémon for the box.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Heh, I always do this :p

Usually I'll level each Pokémon in my party 2 levels at a time, everyone being a maximum of 2 levels apart. Unless I have a priority Pokémon (usually the starter) that is around 2-4 levels ahead of the others. A little while into the game, though, I'll make the decision to have my priority settle with level equality amongst the team.

Generally I become a little more lax later on into the game, as training becomes far separated from normal battling. Later on, training is more lengthy and open to any member of the team, but normal battling will more-or-less always go with the type advantage.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
This has been second nature to me since I started playing Pokémon, and it's by no means a hassle. I think it's convenient to have a balanced team levelwise, and, my Pokémon need to learn caring for eachother and sharing the EXP!

And I very much agree with this! ^^
Pokemon Equality! :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
It's funny to find a topic like this. It's something I do all the time. I like to keep my team balanced out & lately I want to train every single Pokemon I catch ^^;

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
I try to keep them all equally-leveled, but my Serperior is way too far ahead. I just started intense training my other Pokemon to get them high-enough to survive Black Kyurem.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yes, I do this everytime :D But I do it like this...
Pokemon A reaches level XY (divisible by 5 xD) and then I try to make the other party members reach the same level ASAP.
The only exception is Lucario who I tend to overlevel as much as possible so he ends up 5 or 10 levels above the others.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
I used to keep all my Pokémon equally leveled. Yes, including those that are boxed. I just didn't want them to be "left behind." My starter Pokémon is usually a level higher than the rest.

But now, in my White 2, the levels aren't equal anymore. But they are still the same by tens until they go Level 100. Like, all levels of the Pokémon in my team should be around in 70's, or in 80's. (I hope I explained it right. :nervous:)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I always do this! All of my Pokemon have to be on the same level, or at least one level apart. For example, I have a team of level 47 Pokemon. I train one of them to level 48, followed by another, and another and so on until all of them are level 48, and the process starts all over again. The first Pokemon to get trained up a level must have the least amount of XP left till level up, followed by the second least amount and so on; that's the way I train. I do this throughout the game starting from the minute when I capture my first Pokemon up to the Elite 4, not only at certain points. I make it a point to give an even and fair share during training so that everyone has an equal stand in my team, not being different levels and having inconveniences to higher-levelled opponents.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I always do this! All of my Pokemon have to be on the same level, or at least one level apart. For example, I have a team of level 47 Pokemon. I train one of them to level 48, followed by another, and another and so on until all of them are level 48, and the process starts all over again. The first Pokemon to get trained up a level must have the least amount of XP left till level up, followed by the second least amount and so on; that's the way I train. I do this throughout the game starting from the minute when I capture my first Pokemon up to the Elite 4, not only at certain points. I make it a point to give an even and fair share during training so that everyone has an equal stand in my team, not being different levels and having inconveniences to higher-levelled opponents.

Basically, this, except that I make a few exceptions.
Sometimes I want to keep training a single member of my team till it evolves or learns a new move. For example, I had a level 23 Fearow and Gloom, and just caught a Diglet, I trained Diglet to level 26 so it could evolve.

Years
My team must consist Pokemon at the same level (or at least similar) every single time in every situation. I have to keep my team in good shape.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Yep, my team have to be the same levels as each other. I'm OCD about it. xD

I train my Pokemon 2 levels at a time, switching the leader after that. Usually the leader (which tends to be the one who levels the slowest) is about 1-2 levels higher due to always being in front.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I used to be extremely OCD about this as there couldn't be more than one level
difference between the members of my party. It's not that bad anymore, but it's
still in a 3 Level range, that's just how i like to play

Back