• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Two questions.

1) How are moves whose Base Powers vary (i.e. Gyro Ball, Grass Knot, Psywave) taken into account on Pokemon with Technician?

2) Are status drops like the Speed drop from Paralysis or the Attack drop from burns passed on while Baton Passing?
1. Yeah, according to Smogon's Damage Calc, though I'm not entirely for sure.

2. Yes.

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
O.K,

SoI know it' much bettr as a Floatzel, but I already have a good Floatzel and Buizel is MUCH cooler and not as expected in battles anymore.

So can someone give me a good strategy for Buizel that includes:
- Best Nature
- Best E.V Stats
- Best Moves
- Best Helditem

Just like they'd do in Smogon, but sadly they don't have recipes for Buizel. :(

If someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Erm. What can Buizel do that Floatzel can't? If anyone prepares for Floatzel, you can be damned sure that the same preparations would apply to Buizel as well. The only one that'll be benefiting from you using Buizel is your opponent :/

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
I know, but I have a longweekend and I have nothing ele to do.

I'm also trying to get my hands on a Bold and Naive (Hidden Power Fire for Naive) Giratina and so far I'm having no luck.

Lol

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
O.K,

SoI know it' much bettr as a Floatzel, but I already have a good Floatzel and Buizel is MUCH cooler and not as expected in battles anymore.

So can someone give me a good strategy for Buizel that includes:
- Best Nature
- Best E.V Stats
- Best Moves
- Best Helditem

Just like they'd do in Smogon, but sadly they don't have recipes for Buizel. :(

If someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

- Best Nature
Adamant or Jolly
- Best E.V Stats
252Atk/252Spe
- Best Moves
Crunch/Aqua Jet/Ice Punch/Waterfall/Substitute/Focus Punch (not reccomended)/Iron Tail/Brick Break/Taunt/Slash/Bulk Up
- Best Helditem
Choice Band/Life Orb

Using Buziel though is just lol. Its so outclassed. Just evolve it into a Buziel, being unpredictable is good sometimes, but your not going to fool anyone by uzing a lower evolution with worse stats.

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
Years
Can anyone help me w movesets for snorlax. I definitely want to incorporate rest and sleeptalk, but I dont know what 2 attack moves it should have.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Can anyone help me w movesets for snorlax. I definitely want to incorporate rest and sleeptalk, but I dont know what 2 attack moves it should have.
Body Slam is an obvious choice for STAB, as for the second move Earthquake (for Heatran, TTar, etc overall doing more damage to Steels), Crunch (for Ghosts such as Gengar and Rotom-A, and lastly Fire Blast (for Scizor, Skarm, Bronzong, Forretress, etc).

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
You could also try Return > Body Slam and Curse is a good move for Snorlax.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
Milotic/Whatever nature
----
Moveset
Surf
Ice Beam
Hypnosis
???

Can someone get the right nature and last move for this Milotic

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Milotic/Whatever nature
----
Moveset
Surf
Ice Beam
Hypnosis
???

Can someone get the right nature and last move for this Milotic

Bold Max HP and Defense and Recover last slot. Toxic is also better than Hypnosis on Milotic.

Stan the man

A true gentleman
Years
Hi everybody i recently obtained a deoxys (admant) celibi (lonley) mew(bashful) raikou (naughty) butterfree (shiny)(bold) and an ursprang (what ever nature you need it to be) . And i have Meany questions, Deoxys: What is the best form and can you give me a movset for it?. Urspring butterfree raikou mew celebi, Movesets please.

Thanks, Stan.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Hi everybody i recently obtained a deoxys (admant) celibi (lonley) mew(bashful) raikou (naughty) butterfree (shiny)(bold) and an ursprang (what ever nature you need it to be) . And i have Meany questions, Deoxys: What is the best form and can you give me a movset for it?. Urspring butterfree raikou mew celebi, Movesets please.

Thanks, Stan.
Sorry to break the news but most of those are pretty horrible natures, Raikou wants Timid or Modest, Bold does little to help Butterfree since it can't take a hit and Celebi usually doesn't use Attack apart from SD which uses Adamant and Deoxys run Naive or Rash usually since they are primarily specially-based and carry Superpower for Blissey.

And to answer your question, there is no best form. It depends on what your team needs, for example if you need a good lead then Deoxys-S works well, if you need an attacker then go for Deoxys-A or if you need a Spiker/wall go for Deoxys-D. Movesets for the rest

Celebi @ Leftovers
Nature : Bold
EV : 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Reflect
- Leech Seed / HP [Fire]

Standard defensive set.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Nature : Modest
EV : 232 HP / 244 SpA / 32 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- HP [Fire]

Tinkerbell, a multi-purpose set that offers decent defense and packs a punch as well.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Nature : Timid
EV : 68 HP / 116 SpA / 72 SpD / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- HP [Ice] / Shadow Ball

SubCM Raikou, setup a Sub and CM then attempt to sweep.

Butterfree @ Leftovers
EV : 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- U-Turn
- Bug Buzz

Butterfree is pretty horrible tbh and there are heaps of better options, CompoundEyes is its only redeeming quality. Basically sleep something and then paralyze stuff and U-Turn away. Pretty useless though :/

Usaring @ Leftovers
Nature : Adamant
EV : 228 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Setup and sweep, simple enough,

You'll have to rebreed Butterfree and Usaring and those legendaries are really unusable, sorry =(

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Butterfree @ Leftovers
EV : 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- U-Turn
- Bug Buzz

Butterfree is pretty horrible tbh and there are heaps of better options, CompoundEyes is its only redeeming quality. Basically sleep something and then paralyze stuff and U-Turn away. Pretty useless though :/
Corrected it. You wrote Stun Powder lol.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Rate my team.

Shiftry

Moves:
Solar Beam
Sunny Day
Explosion
X-scissor

EV's:
248 Atk
252 Sp.Atk
8 Spd

Nature:
Mild

Item:
Lum Berry

Ability:
Chlorophyll
-----------
Houndoom

Moves:
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Will-o-Wisp

EV's:
252 Sp.Atk
188 Spd
68 HP

Nature:
Timid

Item:
Life Orb

Ability:
Flash Fire
---------------
Gardevoir

Moves:
Thunder Wave
Wish
Psychic
Thunderbolt

Ev's:
252 HP
224 Sp. Def
32 Sp. Atk

Nature:
Modest

Item:
Leftovers

Ability:
Trace
-----------
Before anyone say Blissey will own my team, thats why Shiftry has explode. Anyone that says a fighting pokemon will own my team, thats why I have Gardevoir. One day I was thinking of what pokemon have flash fire as their ability, and i found out Houndoom did, so Shiftry can act like the Gyarados when you sub that in for electivire. Which is the reason I made the team. It's just lucky that Shiftry and Houndoom benefit from sunny day.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
3 pokemon does =/= a team. :/

Also Blissey owns 2/3 of your team lol

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
Years
They're pretty good, yet it is true that Blissey owns 2/3 of it. What happened to the other three, by the way?

Back