• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Style Slot Machines

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
One minor error in the code I just found out from having fun with the slots, is that when you get a pikachu in the reel, you get a lightning bolt icon. That's fine, but when you exit the slot game, it doesn't remove the picture. It stays there even when you change maps. I'm sure I could remove it with one line of code, but I suck with coding.
That's strange. I just tested it out again and I didn't have that problem. Find this portion of code (line 629):
Code:
  if (Input.trigger?(Input::B))&&!(@GameActive)
    if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage("Quit the game?")
      $PokemonGlobal.coins=$PokemonGlobal.coins+@usedcoins
      $scene=Scene_Map.new
    end
  end
and modify it to look like this:
Code:
  if (Input.trigger?(Input::B))&&!(@GameActive)
    if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage("Quit the game?")
      $PokemonGlobal.coins=$PokemonGlobal.coins+@usedcoins
      [COLOR=Red]@bolts=0
      boltGraphics[/COLOR]
      $scene=Scene_Map.new
    end
  end
That should add a redundant measure to erase the bolts before changing the scene.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Sorry, I forgot that since I set it up the same way as the badge display on the trainer card you have to use -1 instead of 0. So @bolts=-1 should fix it. I'll update the script in the first post too.

Last edited:

Dragonite Ernston

I rival Lance's.
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2016
Also, does this script follow the Japanese slot machine style of the games, or is it entirely a script from scratch?

Because the reels slip in the actual games, and I can't find any code in your pseudocode that accounts for these slipping reels.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Also, does this script follow the Japanese slot machine style of the games, or is it entirely a script from scratch?

Because the reels slip in the actual games, and I can't find any code in your pseudocode that accounts for these slipping reels.
The original script was from scratch, and I heavily modified it. There was no reel slipping in the original, so I didn't even think to put it in. I'm not to keen on how to implement it, but if I get some time I'll see if I can do something like that.

Back