• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Is it possible to breed a ditto egg using two dittos in this game? I've got them chilling on Four Island and it's been a few hours...

Years
Is it possible to breed a ditto egg using two dittos in this game? I've got them chilling on Four Island and it's been a few hours...

no. the only way to get more than one Ditto is to catch more. Ditto cant breed together. they can only breed with other Pokemon, producing the other Pokemon, never Ditto.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Usually the Pokerus stops infecting other Pokemon in the party after it the time hits 12AM right?

But what about if my game cartridge doesn't read clock based event anymore and one of my Pokemon got the Pokerus, can it still infect others without me having to worry to put it in the PC to save the Pokerus since the time events doesn't work anymore?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm going to merge this with the Q&A. I know that when you were playing through Platinum, you needed a lot of help with that. Please make sure you don't post separate threads every time you have a question. If you need help, you post in the Q&A thread.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Usually the Pokerus stops infecting other Pokemon in the party after it the time hits 12AM right?

But what about if my game cartridge doesn't read clock based event anymore and one of my Pokemon got the Pokerus, can it still infect others without me having to worry to put it in the PC to save the Pokerus since the time events doesn't work anymore?

In FireRed and LeafGreen, as well as Colosseum and Pokémon XD, since the time function is absent, and a Pokémon with Pokérus will keep it indefinitely (it can't spread Pokérus, either), until it is transferred to the Hoenn-based games.

So as Bulbapedia said, it will keep Pokérus in FR/LG until it is traded to a Hoenn game.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
There is a guide that's telling me that it's possible to get Tinymushrooms and Big Mushrooms on the middle level of Mt. Moon with all the ladders going up and down (between the basement and the top floor), in Pokémon FireRed. There are certain rocks you're supposed to press A in front of, and get the item.

However, I've tried pressing A in front of the rocks, in front of every tile near the rocks, etc. Reloading the area by leaving and returning, everything I could think of. But the game is acting like there are no hidden items in that location at all.

I know for sure that the items are there because I checked several different guides describing the same locations, and I even confirmed their existence by checking out the area in AdvanceMap.

Why won't the game give me those mushrooms when I'm standing in front of the rock and pressing A? It's been bothering me because I want to 100% the game, and I'm counting hidden items... which means I need to get these.

Any advice?

Just4You

Try to be the very best.
Years
Leaf Green Team

Hi guys,can you tell me a good team to beat E4 in Pokemon LG?My current team is:Ivysaur:Lv-25,and Pidgeotto-Lv:25.

P.S.-I can get them from trade and,I was thinking to get a Machamp.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
There is a guide that's telling me that it's possible to get Tinymushrooms and Big Mushrooms on the middle level of Mt. Moon with all the ladders going up and down (between the basement and the top floor), in Pokémon FireRed. There are certain rocks you're supposed to press A in front of, and get the item.

However, I've tried pressing A in front of the rocks, in front of every tile near the rocks, etc. Reloading the area by leaving and returning, everything I could think of. But the game is acting like there are no hidden items in that location at all.

I know for sure that the items are there because I checked several different guides describing the same locations, and I even confirmed their existence by checking out the area in AdvanceMap.

Why won't the game give me those mushrooms when I'm standing in front of the rock and pressing A? It's been bothering me because I want to 100% the game, and I'm counting hidden items... which means I need to get these.

Any advice?

My suggestion is to have the Itemfinder.
Here, I found the exact locations from Bulbapedia.

Big Mushroom x3
  • Two are found in the adjacent rocks down the first ladder, which is reachable from 1F (hidden)
  • In a rock down the third ladder on 1F(hidden)

Tiny Mushroom x3
  • In a rock down the first ladder on 1F (hidden)
  • In a rock down the second ladder on 1F (hidden)
  • In a rock just before the exit (hidden)

And if you want more, you may use the following move to take it from wild Paras.

• Covet¹ ²
  • Thief¹ ²
  • Trick²

¹Since Paras has the ability Effect Spore, you should pack some Full Heal or items with similar effect to heal your Pokémon, if they are inflicted with status problems.
²You should have no items held on the Pokémon that will perform the aforementioned moves.

killhooligan

Brock climber
Years
Is Kadabra's teleport more useful than reflect?

I've been training up Kadabra and its got to the point where I can now learn reflect and have a full set of psychic moves but I don't want to forget disable as it seems too useful. I could just not learn it but it seems quite useful but the only move that really seems like I should replace it with is teleport. Should I?

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Definitely. All Teleport does is end battles with wild Pokemon immediately (and you can just run anyway), or warp you to the last Pokemon Center you used, which can be done with the more useful Fly. Reflect halves physical damage done to your team for five turns (or eight if the user is holding Light Clay). You won't be needing it much outside of competitive play, but it can be helpful in tough fights. In any sense, it's a lot better to have than Teleport!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hi guys,can you tell me a good team to beat E4 in Pokemon LG?My current team is:Ivysaur:Lv-25,and Pidgeotto-Lv:25.

P.S.-I can get them from trade and,I was thinking to get a Machamp.

Any team will work. Just get them to similar levels to the Elite Four and it'll be fine. I would recommend putting in the hours to capture a Dratini and raise yourself a Dragonite - strongest pokémon in the game IMO (Except Mewtwo, obviously).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The Simple Question & Answer Thread

I'm currently doing a challenge run on my FireRed and I'm banned from even entering the the Game Corner. And I also want a Thunderbolt TM. So is there any way besides the Game Corner where I can get the TM?

Years
I'm currently doing a challenge run on my FireRed and I'm banned from even entering the the Game Corner. And I also want a Thunderbolt TM. So is there any way besides the Game Corner where I can get the TM?

From what I remember, the TM for Thunderbolt can only be obtained in the Game Corner as far as FireRed/LeafGreen is concerned. So I guess you're out of luck at this stage.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, Ralts grows slower as its in the "slow" experience group, the one that takes the second highest amount (1.25million) of experience to get to lv. 100. It grows at the same rate as Arceus and most other legendaries and pseudo-legendaries.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
I'm having another hidden item issue with FireRed. The hidden items in the Underground Path between Cerulean and Vermillion are NOT appearing at all.

The Itemfinder FAQ claims they appear after you get the V.S. seeker, but I've done so, and they are still not there.

I'm becoming frustrated with this game, the hidden items in indoor areas seem dodgy and randomly don't appear due to glitches. Outdoor areas don't seem to have issues, though.

Is this supposed to happen? What's wrong with this game?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm having another hidden item issue with FireRed. The hidden items in the Underground Path between Cerulean and Vermillion are NOT appearing at all.

The Itemfinder FAQ claims they appear after you get the V.S. seeker, but I've done so, and they are still not there.

I'm becoming frustrated with this game, the hidden items in indoor areas seem dodgy and randomly don't appear due to glitches. Outdoor areas don't seem to have issues, though.

Is this supposed to happen? What's wrong with this game?

There are four things that could probably be wrong:
- You're using a dodgy FAQ
- You have a fake game
- You are still just looking in the wrong place
- You have already collected them and forgot about it

Those things aside, I wouldn't worry about any items there in the first place, they are all irrelevant to you, especially when berries exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back