• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Ive been extremely lazy with exercise lately. I dont really work out and have little motivation to exercise, Ive been meaning to swim, but every day it just dosent happen :l

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
ANARCHit3cht, that's really interesting to note. I guess that's the main difference between yoga and pilates. I always thought that it is good to do still-stretches of muscles that are too tight, but then resistant training/stretches (which you are saying are dynamic stretches) for muscles that just need regular maintenance.
I wonder what type of stretches competitive dancers (or pole dancers especially) or contortionists would need.. because they have BOTH crazy strength and flexibility.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, one of my friends... well, kinda a friend (my friend tried to set me up with her, long story) is a dancer, and I know a little bit of what she does to get ready, and it's both yoga and Pilates, though it appears she does the latter more. It's really incredible when you stop to think about how jacked dancers really are. D=

Also, I called it Trash Beach cause it's literally covered with trash at times, and it's always really filled. Not nice, really.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I've never done yoga - the head of the department at my college tried to get all the music majors to do it but it never went anywhere.

I really do need to work out more though. Once I get my own place I'm either going to join a gym or buy some equipment.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm wondering though, why do you call it that??
Beaches in New England tend to be on the gross side. I wouldn't swim in the water at all on Connecticut's shoreline, though I did swim at Cape Cod a few years ago on vacation. My arms were so sore that weekend! I haven't been to the beach recently because I like to go with the dogs, and beaches don't allow dogs during the summertime.

Really, I do a lot of my working out at work. Running around a grocery store for six hours gets the heart rate going, and I've lost fat but gained muscle so I can't say that I lost weight. I just look more fit. Outside of work, I mostly walk, ride a bike, or play basketball for exercise. I've been meaning to start building strength in my body so I can learn breakdancing, or bboying as that's the proper term.

It's really incredible when you stop to think about how jacked dancers really are.
I'll admit that I used to dance for years, and my legs were so strong in those days. I miss being that flexible.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Dancing itself seems extremely difficult, even with the strength factor down. There needs to be synchronization with the beats, the melody, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ugh I can't dance to save my life. I used to do theatre and even though I usually got chorus , there was still lots of dances in the shows obviosuly cause that's how musicals are. I had such a hard time keeping up with the chreography and I'm sure I've flobbed up several times during final performances.

droomph

weeb
Years
asdfdancing. I never got it. Who was the first person to go "here let me shake my legs" and then it caught on.

also speaking of things I don't get, I also don't understand why people.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Dancing's fun though! :O

My friends and I played Just Dance all day the other day at my house, and it was amazing. =D None of us were any good! ...well, okay, a few were pretty good. Not me though.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
The only type of dancing I'm able to do is the hip-hop stuff like popping, locking, breaking, and grinding. I can't do anything classy, but I have always wanted to learn how to do stuff like waltz and tango.

I haven't played Just Dance. I used to be really big into DDR though years ago....but that's not as sophisticated, I don't think?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Never played DDR so I can't be sure. :c

I myself can't to much of the classy stuff either. I tried it at prom, didn't quite work. Most classy I got was hugging and spinning in a circle veryyyyyyyy slowlyyyyyyyy.

droomph

weeb
Years
I remember being able to swing dance pretty well in 8th grade.

Though I didn't really dance with anyone because it's hard to get people to participate with you when they think you're fugly and annoying lol

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Play DDR bruh! It's so addictive....

And in my experience, if you look like you know what you're doing and look like you're having a good time, chicks (or dudes? haha) will usually be impressed enough to let you grab 'em and dance with them. I've never had someone push me away at the club or something...that would be soooo embarrassing.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Eh, I never enjoyed it. Went once or twice in college because I was dragged by girls... but it's boring, imo.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
It's fun if you're outgoing, and like to dance and/or drink. I don't drink at all, so all the drunks can be a bit annoying if I go alone, but I enjoy it on occasion. Definitely not as much as I used to though. You've gotta choose a good club too, one with music and design that you actually like. Otherwise, what's the point?

And Bloodex, you mean to tell me that you are underage in NYC and don't have a fake ID? Hahaha

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Dance Dance Revolution is my life and all my friends hate me 'cause whenever I see a DDR game in an arcade I have to play

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I remember playing DDR on the PS2 when I was younger, I got bored after a while and stopped though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back