• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Phantom Dusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Program Used: Rpg Maker XP

====================
Introduction
====================

Hi I have taken the time to exrtensively rework my entire thread to be more appealing and pleasing to the majority. I am SytheXP also refered to as ScytheXP and Invokez. I am an artist. I paint and sketch many things. I first started on the pokemon scene in 3rd grade. I am now a graduating senior in highschool and a aspiring graphic artist and video game designer. I started with the Pokemon TCG me, my bro, and my sis used place the cards face down and pretend we were in a made up region and we were the newest trainers starting in that region. We would slowly progress through the cards battling and capturing them and then facing one another. Later as we aged we drew various fakemon made movesets and dex entries. 2 years ago I tried my hands at ROM hacking. I had a fairly decent start on my hack and then my computer got fried in a thunder storm and I lost all progress. Later I tried to revamp my hack in the form of a fangame using RGMXP. Sadly I dropped my laptop and the hard drive got messed up so Pokemon Darkside was a flop. Well once again I am here with a project. This time however there is one difference. I will be releasing this project. I have it backed up on 2 other computers incase of a mishap. These other 2 computers don't connect to the internet at all. So no bugs or Lightning to harm them. Anyway I have always loved to draw new fakemon and imagine how they would face up against existing pokemon. Pokemon Phantom Dusk is going to allow you all an insight into not only mine but the rest of my teams creativity. We will bring you thrills, horror, romance, and mystery all in the form of a Pokemon game. And yes I plan to implement various genres as events in the game.

Also after this release I plan to release 2 alternate versions (Misty Dawn and Hazy Twilight) which will have different pokemon obtainable several alternate forms of the events included in Phantom Dusk. Many new exciting story elements and Hazy Twilight will be equiped with the Battle Platue (My take on the Battle Frontier) and several new and fun mini games.

====================
The Region
====================

The Masuyo Region: I renamed the region after the Japanese word Masuyo which means "Benefit" and "World"

Overworld Map: (Screenie coming soon, working on a custom color pallete)

The Masuyo region is located South West of Hoenn close to Johto (Yes I repositioned its location). It is a fairly peaceful region with beautiful forests and glorious beaches. It also has a Volcano to the south and a Icy Slope to the north. Overall this is one a fairly perfect place for a vacation and even better place to live.

Maps
Spoiler:

====================
Masuyo Folklore and Myths
====================

"Long ago the realms were created. Time and Space, Land and Water. Balance was bestowed and the universe began its new life. Many new beings and worlds were brought into exsistance but all was dark and life was barely sustainable. The creator seeing this flaw brought forth the crater of light. With a flash and a bang a meteorite landed deep in the Obnniox Volcano and world trembled as light filled the eyes of many. But something was wrong light existed and darkness never again fell over the world. People became restless and suffered through intense heat. A drought was bestowed over the world and many lives were lost. Seeing this as a problem the Creator sought out a solution to bring the darkness back to the world to relieve the people of these intense situations. Again another meteor fell from the sky falling in the darkest depths of Dusk forest and out came the keeper of darkness. Now the darkness attempted to engulf the world and the light was not pleased so a war began to be waged in the skies above the Masuyo Region. The war waged for years and Light and Darkness passed through different phases. As one would gain control the time would shift from night today and as the other would gain control it would shift backwards. It was a never ending cycle. Finally growing tired of this feud the Creator created one more being. One to moderate the other two and to keep control over day and night. Thus the birth of the twilight. With this new beings arrival and the fact that he had control over the minimal night and day factors the two warring creatures attmepted to destroy him only to be sealed away in their meteorites. One deep in Dusk forest the other in the depths of Dawn Volcano. After sealing these two titains away the being of Twilight had little power left so he bestowed the last remaining portion of his power in the sacred gym of twilight and hid it deep in the oceans blue as he vanished into the twilight realm.

Of course no one knows how acurate this legend is or if its even true. All I can say is that legends are still being written and you may be a part of one yourself."

.::~Little old forest lady~::.

====================
The Intro
====================

*Phone rings* Hello I am Lilly Evergreen, I take it you are the newest resident to the Masuyo Region and Candriff town. I happen to be your neighbor and one of the top Pokemon researchers around. I see you are a transfer student from the Johto region's Pokemon Academy. I have talked to all of your teachers and they have granted me permision to assign you a project of my own. Don't worry you will gain full credit in your classes and still be able to graduate as scheduled. I have noticed several strange things happening lately around the region. Wierd pidgey migration patterns and schools of goldeen fleeing into cooler water. I feel something is going on here and I suspect either "Team Enigma" or those blasted "Rockets" are up to no good. Please come by my lab so we may speak about this in person.

*Phone clicks*

"Hmm that was odd, Maybe I should go and see what this Prof. Evergreen wants."
You have your reasons for going however......

====================
The Storyline
====================

Ok I have reworked this a little.

The Story takes place approximately 1 year after G/S/C and 4 years after R/B/G/Y and around the time of R/S/E but before D/P/Pt this is so that the few D/P/Pt references I have in the game will seem accurate as well as various other things such as the new Team Rocket.

You are a student at Earl's Pokemon Academy in the region of Johto. Your father (still the reason you move =P ) is a marine Biologist and also studies various other pokemon migratorty habits. Prof. Lilly Evergreen from the Masuyo Region calls him up in a panic and asks his opinion about several strange happenings. He claims he can't fully understand the problem without witnessing it first hand. So he and your mother talk it over and agree that it would be beneficial to move to Masuyo.

So now what? You are currently enrolled in school and now you are being forced to leave all your friends behind. No worries you will make new ones. Thats what you've been told time and time again. Your parents have already bought a new house in Masuyo and enrolled you at a local pokemon academy so you can continue your schooling.

Bright and early one morning not to long after your arrival in Masuyo your mother awakens you telling you this horrible, horrible news. Your father was at Port Aquarius when he was suddenly kidnapped by Team Enigma. Your mother is worried and you are enraged. Only moments later do you get a phone call from the professor asking for your help. She attempts to bribe you promising to ensure you pass your classes at the Pokemon Academy. However you have alternative motives for agreeing to help her. You plan to rescue your father and punish those responsible for his kidnapping.

====================
Features
====================

• 3 regions to explore, possibly more (Kanto, Johto and Masuyo)
• New Region (Masuyo Region 100% CUSTOM)
• New Tiles
• New Pokeballs (The Geo Ball makes an appearance)
• New Poke's
• New Items/Berries/TM's
• New type of bike (Debating on a motorcycle similar to Wes's From Coloseum)
• PokeCOM with the Pok3 Player to listen to music tracks.
• Various characters from PkMn Granite Version (My Gold Hack)
• Your Father is an actual character in the game (he has a greater part in the story than in prior games)
• Unique Interface (POKeCOM) (edited version of POKeGEAR hopefully w/more features added into it)
• Banking System (WIP Currently Adding, Will include intrest rates and maybe bonds to make money.)
• All normal modes of Transportation (Taxis, Buses, Trains, Ships, Airplanes, etc.) (Buses and Taxis are for larger cities only mainly and maybe urbanized routes. Trains are from large cities to other large cities. Ships are from the main region to local islands. And last but not least Airplanes for region to region travel.)
• 2 Pokemon Leagues, The Kanto League and Masuyo League.

====================
Features Under Debate.
====================

• Tourney Based Pokemon League (More than likely will happen)
• Able to join Evil Syndicate. (This will make you unable to catch normal pokemon and change your primary goals)
• Snag Machine (Much like Colloseums except its used to catch trainers pokemon rather than shadow pokemon)
• Net Play Online play feature (Allowing player vs player and much more)

The Hunger/Hygene/Stamina Systems
Spoiler:

====================
New Pokémon
====================

Approx. 100-150 new pokemon including various evos/prevos to pokemon with no prior evolutions. (e.g. Absol and Pinsir are 2 that I am making evos/prevos for) there will also be loads of various fakemon not based on prior pokemon =)

New Legendary pokes (Im sure you will love them)

====================
Current Team: Forsaken Inc./Team Forsaken
====================

Team Leader/Event Manager/Story Development:SytheXP/Invokez

Mappers: Myself and Speedy G32(Trying to contact Speedy atm)
Spriters:Myself and Doctor Love(Trying to contact Doctor Love atm)
Story Developers: Myself
Openings Available: PM For info also check out the team recruitment thread for other details 2nd page.

====================
Screenshots
====================

I have a few but Im remaking the maps (Again) I updated tilesets to D/P tiles and now I need to get map sizes right. However I might go custom and mix the two styles, do away with the D/P houses keep the trees and just re-shade/color the Fr/Lg tiles and add some of Kyledove and Sauravs tiles. Thats my main graphical delima at the moment.

Spoiler:

====================
Credits and Thanks
====================

Red Gyrados for thread layout (Hope you dont mind I organized mine similar to yours)
Fangking Omega for Fr/LG tiles and inspiration (No longer using the tiles but I really owe you)
Kyledove for D/P Tiles (Also trying to match his style for customs)
Saurav for various tiles (May not use them but still thanks)
Poccil Pokémon Essentials
Dalton(My Friend IRL) for inspiration and various sprites
Doctor Love for use of her Fakemon Scribble. (And possibly various other fakemon and sprites)
Dragonfree (For scratch Hitmonchan and Scyther sprites, may not use but I promised credit so in case I do here it is)
4th Gen Matt (For D/P/Pt Resources)

Thanks to PokeCommunity for feedback, Criticism, and any help/resources.

Any c&c on my story let me know. After I get my tiles correctly done I will upload some screenies of maps.

====================
Masuyo DEX (Under Development)
====================

Spoiler:

Concept Art (If I can get my pics online):

========================
The Hero/Heroine and the Rival
========================

Ok I want to add a little more background on the three main characters. I will refer to them using their default names.

Fayte (Boy):
Bio:A hot headed youth who lived in Johto and attended a local Pokemon Academy. His love for pokemon is matched only by his love for battling.
Hair/Eye Color: Brown hair,Green eyes

Hope (Girl):
Bio: Fayte's younger sister who also attended Earl's pokemon academy. She likes to battle but prefers the contest life. She never backs down from a fight though.
Hair/Eye Color: Brown Hair, Blue Eyes

Hillary:
Bio: A resident of Candriff town in the Masuyo region. She has a fairly shady past and not to much is known. However she insists on helping the main characters in bringing down both team rocket and team enigma.
Hair/Eye Color: Black Hair, Brown Eyes

I will add sprites later of the characters Im working on the female and rival (I have concept art just need to sprite em)

Hero/Heroines relatives:Falkner of Violet City.

====================
.::~DEMO~::.
====================

Expected release: July 11th (This is approxiamtely 2-3 weeks, this gives me time to get the main demo events up and running and a few other things for the V.05 Demo ready. Content wise it will contain approx 4-5 cities/towns, approx 4-5 routes/caves, Basic Safari Zone which is under development even in game I think you will like it. There will be 1 or 2 main gyms and at least 1 hidden gym. Also be on the look out. Not all areas are marked on the map.) Also due to computer troubles this may be delayed not sure yet.

.::Expected Content::.
This is the content that is planned to be in the first demo.

Violet City (Johto)
Candriff Town
Route 1
Flo-Town (1st Gym)
Route 2
Gloraxiuz Town
Cave of Discipline
Route 3
Spirax Town (Hidden)

====================
Intro WALKTHROUGH
====================

.::Note::.
This walkthrough will be added after the first demo release. It will help players navigate through the early portions of the demo simply so that all early on equipment and items may be obtained this will also help to prevent confusion. It will help players so that they may progress past the first portion of the demo and get into the main story elements provided in the demo. A majority of the walkthrough will be to help you progress through the Johto portion of the game which is just one town (Violet City).

Episode 1: The Begining; Violet City

Ok so you will start of and choose your character either the male hero Fayte or the female heroine Hope. You then select your name and progress through the intro to reach the game. You start off in your bedroom asleep (Duh) and your mother awakens you. She then asks you to go locate your sister/brother depending on your gender. After you locate them your sibling informs you that you should return home quickly but not before you check out some of the local area which I advise you to strongly do. You can not enter Sprout tower's upper levels due to you not having a pokemon and you can't enter. Also you can't leave Violet City. If you talk to the civilians you may learn a few hidden secret and be able to obtain some rare items or cash so don't be afraid to chat with random people. After you are done exploring this town return home and please don't stay out to late your mother gets worried when you do that...... Upon arriving at your home you will enter and your family will be inside. Next thing you know the pone rings for your dad and you overhear a tiny bit of his conversation which mentions moving to the Masuyo region. Next thing you know you are quickly rushed out the door (No you don't pack, the movers and their pokemon handle EVERYTHING). then you arrive in Candriff town in the back of the truck. You step out and are greeted by your mother and now you are an official resident of Candriff town and the Masuyo Region.

Episode 1.5: The Begining Cont.; Candriff Town: Take 1

Ah ok so you are now a resident of Candriff town. The Masuyo region is a very peaceful place and your new home is proof of that. Your mom will inform you to explore the town and meet the new people of the Masuyo region. This is also advised being as you never know when an action you make can change the entire outcome of gameplay. There are several hidden items located in the town so be sure to check carefully you may not get a second chance to look. Also several pieces of scenery change as time progresses and many people come and goas well. You never know when a good story told by a wandering artist or trainer may help solve the deep mysteries of the pokemon world. So after you have walked around and investigated your surroundings or if you just want to progress and arn't to worried about those rare candies and pokeballs dropped by unwary and tired trainers then the next place you must go is back home. Whether you enter your house immediatly after you get out the truck or if you explore a little the events inside your house do not change until after you progress in the story a little. But after your long trip from Johto arn't you a little tired? Ok so head on upstairs and go to bed Im sure its pretty late (If you want backstory on your dad talk to your mom before you go to bed and she will inform you that your dad had to go to the marina in port aquarius). The next morning your mother awakens you again except this time theres a problem. Your father has been kidnapped. You mother asks you to go talk to Prof. Lilly Evergreen to find out more infomration on the situation so go to the local Poke Lab and find out whats really going down.

(The Walkthrough will Improve upon the demo release)

=====================
.::Team Forums::.
=====================
Underground Gaming (Click User Bar, I don't think that ones against the rules...)

Forum is under development as it was recently created. It is currently mainly dedicated to this project however it will host our future projects as well. We will also offer team info/bios. and project info. Until I get the forum fully operational the best place for updates will be here.

==============
.::SUPPORT US::.
==============

Add a userbar to your sig to show your support :D

Spoiler:

Keep Updated on the latest story changes here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180097

More updates later rewriting a lot of this post

Last edited:

~PokeJosh~

Pimpatune
Years
The unnamed little forest lady's story is very interesting. It seems very legit, and well thought through. You seem like the kind of person that might actually, in time, finish this game and have a release, which is better than most people. The best of luck to you, it sucks that you lost your old game. I hope you are able to finish this, and I will definitely be checking up on this thread often.

-PokeJosh

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
Impressive looking game. It looks like you have most, if not all of your ideas layed out. I can't wait to see the execution. I hope that nothing happens to your computer again, as this game looks quite interesting. I really like the Motorcycle/Hover Bike idea. I hope to see some screenshots soon.

pokemasterintraining

New Beginning
Years
It looks Good, But The Male Hero's Outline ( In hands) Even thought in Pixel art it's not good for it all to be black,
you should edit that bit of outline in the hands and Turn it Into Black... Oh and you should Post The banner,
(I wanna support the game!)

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Actually my laptop power charger died but I have back ups of my files on jump drives and on my desktop so that If I do lose the project due to a mishap I will be able to continue without significant losses. I plan to make this as unique as possible as opposed to many other fangames that tell a story based specifically on lets say "Team Magma" or something like that. Also as I think it is stated with the screenies they are simply the most recently uploaded not the most recent I have. The male character has been updated a lot and Ive began getting a basic female hero drawn out (On paper currently) and will use it as referance when spriting her. Also on the topic of the little old forest lady, Expect her to be an active portion of the game ;]

As for the layout I find it is better to have what you want layed out as in the main story and then go back and fill in minor details here and there what I have put up to show is the main story and several other main features and functions. I am working on fakemon spriting and Im still recruiting team members as well I am also setting up a site for the team and the project.

Mentioning my old ROM hack, I am bringing many characters from it into this game including the old main character "Granite" who will appear in the game at some point not to sure yet. Im between graphics at the moment. I love the D/P/Pt graphics but I think I am going to use the palletes, ground tiles, and tree tile and then use Fr/LG house/building tiles and charasets. Im debating this though. Glad to hear the wonderful feed back it motivates me a lot. I will try to get some new screenies up ASAP.

Once again thanks

EDIT/Addition:

Ive began naming some of the fakemon in our dex however their names are subject to change but the ones there more than likely wont change due to the fact that all the ones up there I like lol. Also added a walkthrough for the intro portion of the demo being as I have it kinda broke down into chapters/episodes and may even add title screens to show when you are in a new episode or what not but at the moment it will jusst be for the walkthrough (Upon final game release the folder will contain a walkthrough notepad file for help if you want it). I also added this up to give you a basic idea of what is in the demo and what will be in the demo. I will more than likely be switching my main program files to my desktop and start using it as opposed to my laptop at least until college starts and I get my new laptop. This will be benificiary for security reasons and for reliability, acuracy, and speed. Hope to hear more from the community on my project and hope you will all support, continue to support and support my teams future projects (Ideas are on the storyboard). Support bars and banners will be promptly made asap I will also post the code for the one with fiaura and jadesaur in it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2010
Looks good! You should probably outline the main character with darker borders..... maybe make it so you can be a girl also.....

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
I have changed the male charas sprite so its more D/P/Pt like. Also You can be a girl, I just havn't made her sprites yet. Im slacking on the female portion atm. I am mapping a lot and doing a load of events. Im multi tasking doing as much as possible. However my laptop died so my main focus until I get my new one will be spriting. And I am actually working on loads of sprites including some custom tiles, custom fakemon and more. I also have a JPEG dex image of our fakemon (Not complete) that I will upload later.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
My apologies for the double post, This is a quick update. My project is not dead. I went MIA due to school for a while however I am back and running full force (Not rushing) to get my demo out. There have been significant modifications to the story and gameplay. Please review the first post for updates (Not sure how many people are still interested in this project but its coming).

Edit: Added a newer Support Bar; Updated some information. Will update more when I wake up in the morning... Im tired :/

Last edited:

A Shian

Got It Memorized?
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
Nice to see it's back... though I never heard about it before XD (I'm sorry XDD) But since The Masuyo Region is close to both Johto and Hoenn, why don't add Hoenn to your game or put some characters from Hoenn into the game :)?

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Characters from Hoenn might make an appearance. Im not sure about the region. My progression with Kanto is to far to remove it without significant delays. If it doesn't lag to bad I might add Hoenn. I don't know how much it can take without lag. That would also mean I would be adding another 8 gyms and another league challenge... Depends on how much the game engine itself can take. Was mapping a bit of Violet city trying to get the maps done for the demo release first, IDK if Im gonna switch to HGSS tiles or not :/ they are to bright IMO so I might convert a few tiles to DPPt style depends though. Thanks for feedback :)

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
wow i would love to see some screeshots of how the hunger/hygene system works. AND THE HOVERBIKE! lol that's a really origional idea.
But, I think it may be a hastle to not move until your stamina goes up. Maybe you just move REALLY slow?

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Hello SytheXP. I really like your ideas. Need any help at all with the storyline? I can usually think of stories for things like pokemon games off the top of my head. Anyways If you need any help tell me!
Sincerely,
Shadow The Darkrai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back