• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnjinMiura_PL

Challenger Extraordinaire (?)
Years
Uzamaki Nagato said:
Sorry for the delay, but I'm back!

Well, I'm sorry for the delay...delaay...delaaaaaaaaaay...too? Quite a lot time passed, I simply lost will to play again. But now, hell, I am in the mood for it (and since my uber graphic card is dead I can't afford anything else than older games and VBA emulator lawl).

Either way, me in. Just in case, here was my sign-up post. Everything stays as it was, Crystal/Medieval.

Plans are in place, time to execute. Since I had loads of fun writing quasi-narrated updates in very old monotype thread (could be a year or two now), I will go on amusing myself. Hence why things are in spoilers.

Spoiler:

I picked Totodile, quickly did thing to get Pokeballz, defeated my rival (Edwarth) and catched Lv. 3 Hoothoot. Trained it to Lv. 11, smashed first trainer, and now I'm on my way to Violet!

At first I thought it's going to be terribly wrong that Medieval game in Crystal, and in fact, my team might not be terribly strong, but hell I'm going to enjoy this one a lot! But it will take some serious plannage to organize my team quickly. I don't want to be stuck with 2-3 Pokemons for most of the game. But I have planz, planz that will work, so I'm going back to game now!

EDIT:

Now, that's going to suck big time. I thought Hoothoot was Dark too, guess I misread some things, but hell, I swear I thought it's dark. Now that complicates things. But there is a way to get out of it.

Hell, I really thought it's Normal/Flying. Daaaamn :( But actually, I could keep it as HM Slave for Fly and retain as normal character. And there are some guys I wanted to catch very early on. So that still makes it work, somehow.

Dood, I am heartbroken now :(

Actually there is way for me. So I hope that, except of that early-game error it's still fine to go. Actually I won't be in need of Hoothoot even as a HM slave.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
epic stuff

I laughed SO HARD! Gosh, I swear, I've never seen such updates before xD
And well, guess it's fine to just go on, despite that small early error with Hoothoot xD
it's ot like you played through half the game with it xD

AnjinMiura_PL

Years
Well, found myself in sorta perilious situation. Goddamn, that's what I missed so much!

Spoiler:

So, I'm sorta stuck now. No chance to crack Falkner with this set, ghost attacks won't work and flying attacks will wipe out Spinarak easily.

I could get either Zubat or Weedle at this point, problem is that I don't want to get too many Pokemons too early. Also, since I started during night, I need to wait for day to get Weedle. But if that's the price for victory, no problem, this one is most interesting for me, want to see how it will turn out in the end with team this weird.

One question, thou I am sure it's okay, just in case: can we take Pkmns with second type as one listed in challenge? I can think of some fine additions to my team this way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

One question, thou I am sure it's okay, just in case: can we take Pkmns with second type as one listed in challenge? I can think of some fine additions to my team this way.

As long as the second type is not on the Banned types list, you're free to use dual types.

AnjinMiura_PL

Years
Spoiler:

I just did some traning before deciding upon catching third Pokemon, and Rostislav (my Gastly) learned Curse at Lv.16. It was a bit of gamble, I couldn't guess how much HP would it take from Pidgeotto per turn, but it seems that sacrifing him for a greater good worked this time. My team haven't changed since then, only that Rostislav is 16, not 15.

And next Azalea, maybe with new addition to the team? Good thing dual types are allowed, it gives me some nice possibilites to get guys I never had before.

AnjinMiura_PL

Years
Spoiler:

Dodged all the trainers between Violet and Azalea, got Slowpoke, trained a bit (clearing most of trainers), now it's time to do Azalea things. Slowpoke is at Lv. 15 (hence Water Gun I wanted to get).

Guess I have my team planned at this point. Will be definitely something new for me ;)

DittosGonnaDitto

Failed Clone #123,456,789
Years
Username: DittosGonnaDitto
Game: Pokemon Black 2
Era: Time Rift

Quick question, say if, for example, I catch a Ghost type or Psychic type before I get to the Stone Age Era. Would I have to release that Pokemon? Basically, if I own a Pokemon that is a type banned in the next era I'm going to, can I continue to use it, as long as I don't catch any other Pokemon with that banned type?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: DittosGonnaDitto
Game: Pokemon Black 2
Era: Time Rift

Quick question, say if, for example, I catch a Ghost type or Psychic type before I get to the Stone Age Era. Would I have to release that Pokemon? Basically, if I own a Pokemon that is a type banned in the next era I'm going to, can I continue to use it, as long as I don't catch any other Pokemon with that banned type?

You never release the pokémon specific to the Time Rift Era. Even if a different Era chosen between Gyms has one of the types required in Time Rift on their banned list.
Besides, the Time Rift specific Pokémon form what you could call your main team. And that's the team you'll use to face the Elite 4 and the Champion. Every other pokémon you use between Gyms because of the time rift rules of picking an era and a type from said era, should get released/boxed as soon as you're done with it and you won't have any of those in the team you use to challenge the E4 and the Champion.

So yeah, Time Rift is a bit tricky and requires a bit of planning ahead and a lot of Pokémon catching. And basically for you to always have a free slot in your party for that extra pokémon.

DittosGonnaDitto

Years
You never release the pokémon specific to the Time Rift Era. Even if a different Era chosen between Gyms has one of the types required in Time Rift on their banned list.
Besides, the Time Rift specific Pokémon form what you could call your main team. And that's the team you'll use to face the Elite 4 and the Champion. Every other pokémon you use between Gyms because of the time rift rules of picking an era and a type from said era, should get released/boxed as soon as you're done with it and you won't have any of those in the team you use to challenge the E4 and the Champion.

So yeah, Time Rift is a bit tricky and requires a bit of planning ahead and a lot of Pokémon catching. And basically for you to always have a free slot in your party for that extra pokémon.

Intresting...I can see myself forming a lot of bonds with the Pokemon from specific eras. Alright, going to plan out my team, then start my adventure! Update should be coming within the next hour-ish or so.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
HUGE UPDATE AND ANNOUNCEMENT!

First of all, the first post was updated with the new challengers and champions, up to this post.
Second....
Time Warp now features the Fairy Type as well as Mandatory pokémon for the Kalos Region. So let the X and Y sign-ups begin!
And before I forget ^^ those of you doing Ultimate runs, try to include Kalos in them if possible ^^ thanks :)

DittosGonnaDitto

Years
And by hour-ish, apparently I meant the next day.

Chapter 1: Prehistoric Predictaments

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The two spoilers above are meant to be one, but PokeCommunity insists on seperating them, even after I fix it. T.T

Summary of what happened (without my wondeful story elements)
Spoiler:

Current Team
-Lillipup AKA Past Pup (Level 12)

Lost to the Rift
-Snivy (Met at Level 5, Lost at Level 9)
-Sewaddle AKA Waddlesaur (Met at Level 2, Lost at Level 12)

Years
Guess who finally started his run? :D

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
So I'm not sure if I'm qualified to start updating or anything but I'll do it now because... I already started the game.

Chapter 1:Welcome to the world of Pokemon!
Spoiler:

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Chapter 2:Babysitting Magikarp
Spoiler:

Team and Badges
Spoiler:

Chapter 3:Clever name,right?
Spoiler:

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Chapter 4:The Final Gym
Spoiler:

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Chapter 5:End Game.
Spoiler:

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Challenger's Comments
Spoiler:

Last edited:

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
I'm back to do another challenge! Here:
Name:27thColt
Game:Pokemon Crystal
Era:Ice Age

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
Looks pretty Awesome :)

Username: DarkPoke001
Game: Sapphire
Era: The Sci-Fi like future

I hope to use a tean of something like this:

Gardevoir
Aggron
Manetric
Skarmory
Medicham
And Magneton

would this be acceptable?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Uhmm, I'm doing the Jurassic Jam and......
Can I use a Beautifly or Dustox? Cause they're Bug/Flying and Bug/Poison??

Sure you can o.o
as long as they don't dual-type with a banned type, all bug types are allowed.

Looks pretty Awesome
1.%20smile.gif

Username: DarkPoke001
Game: Sapphire
Era: The Sci-Fi like future

I hope to use a tean of something like this:

Gardevoir
Aggron
Manetric
Skarmory
Medicham
And Magneton

would this be acceptable?

Yes, that looks good.

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
My First Ice Age Update, anyone who watched Chuggaaconroy knows where I got my skills.

Chapter 1:Very Punny..
Spoiler:

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back