• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yes, everybody can join :)

Parents seem to be the order of the day. I feel bad for those two in the images... they could have had amazing lives being gay, it's kind of like a get-out-of-kids-free card, but they chose to forfeit the card and now they're screwed for the next 15 years at least.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Parents seem to be the order of the day. I feel bad for those two in the images... they could have had amazing lives being gay, it's kind of like a get-out-of-kids-free card, but they chose to forfeit the card and now they're screwed for the next 15 years at least.

Idk, I really want kids.

I mean I guess everyone's different, but that was the first thing my mom thought of when I came out. She was sad I couldn't have kids.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Yes, everybody can join :)

To each their own. In my case, if I could get pregnant with my boyfriend's child, I would the happiest person ever. There's always adoption but I'm afraid the both of us are too old to raise children, and plus neither of us has the money to raise kids. So sad. :(

Phantom1

Years
Well, it's something we've actually discussed... I guess in this area, we lesbians have it a bit easer, to be honest.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Well, it's something we've actually discussed... I guess in this area, we lesbians have it a bit easer, to be honest.

Yes, you do actually. For gay men, if we wished to have a child of our own, born from our own DNA, we would have to seek out a surrogate to carry our child from the sperm we donate. A very, VERY, expensive procedure (usually running in the tens of thousands of dollars, most of which is paid to the woman agreeing to become the surrogate). And even then, some woman who agree to become surrogates, once the child is born, go against the agreement and opt to keep the child for themselves, resulting in a massively expensive child custody battle.

Unfortunately, things are stacked up against men (heterosexual or homosexual) who wish to have a child of their own. And that sucks.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It is more difficult for men, because they can't carry a child, but discrimination is also there for females too - a lot of places won't condon artificial insemination for a lesbian couple. So both sides have their own issues. When it comes to adoption, that's equally difficult for both, I've heard, and that's so sad. :/

However, even though I'm female, I doubt I'll ever get pregnant. I have issues with my gender to an extent, so having a child through anything other than adopting might depend on if my partner would want to carry the child. Ugh.

Shhmew

Years
Hello everyone ^-^ I would like to join if that's alright~? I think this club looks lovely.

I am unsure of my own sexuality as of now. Some background: I grew up with my mom being Christian and not quite agreeing with any idea of someone being attracted to someone of the same gender or sex. She would always say they were just confused and all that, so I never really even considered the fact I might be until I was around maybe 16 and finally stopped shoving away the thoughts of liking women.

I've never done anything romantic or sexual with a woman, and only really one man. Do you guys think experience is important in deciding your sexuality?

All I know is I can have romantic or sexual feelings for anyone, regardless of gender. Pansexuality has always seemed to describe myself better than Bisexuality, but I'm not sure?

Anyway, that's enough about me!

For the current topic, I have always wanted to be a mother. If I ended up wanting to have children with a woman, I don't know how that would go :( I'd be fine carrying the baby myself but carrying a child from a man who I don't know rather than my partner sounds just... really strange. :( I am currently in a serious relationship with a man, so if we end up with children, there hopefully won't be an issue... but it's sad for those who physically can't without the complicated procedures of adoption or insemination u.u Perhaps, since our society is becoming more and more accepting, it will become much easier fairly soon. :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Yeah it's sad that adoption still favors the heterosexual couple. But as mentioned, I think with coming generations being more tolerant of gay couples, and as people start to see that having gay parents is not a detriment (look at NPH and Burtka), biological parents will be more willing to judge potential couples on factors other than gender and sexuality.

I've never done anything romantic or sexual with a woman, and only really one man. Do you guys think experience is important in deciding your sexuality?
I don't think so. It goes back to those debates/jokes "how do you know you're not gay if you haven't tried it" and stuff like that, which I don't think make much sense. A lot of people (i.e. young people) have zero experience with either sex, yet still know how they identify. It really boils down to what you're feeling and whether you attribute that to being something strong or maybe just a whim. I honestly am not the biggest fan of labels, so without them, there's nothing really to decide, you can just be with who you want to be with and not have to turn things into absolutes.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Shhmew, I don't think experience is necessary. You can know who or what you find attractive before being in any relationships. It's how you know who you want to go for in the first place.

I honestly am not the biggest fan of labels, so without them, there's nothing really to decide, you can just be with who you want to be with and not have to turn things into absolutes.

That is very good advice, and I wish I would've heard it some years ago.

Shhmew

Years
My low activity senses were tingling. D:

Thanks for the words. It makes sense. I don't like labels either, but I use them anyway because people are curious. When others question my sexuality I never know what to tell them. I guess it's not really their business anyway though .-.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I admit labels are helpful when explaining to others, by condensing things down a bit, but when it comes to yourself, they can be rather restricting/inaccurate. Not always, but in many cases. And definitely, you're not obligated to have to explain yourself.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Welcome! It's okay to feel shy, but don't worry we don't bite... well most of us don't.

Well I don't...

Can't say much for the others.
I don't bite.

Though talking about biting might be making me a tiny bit hungry. :D

And Welcome Tailsko!

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome Tailsko!

The last page of this thread is a perfect demonstration of why I have serious doubts I'll ever find somebody permanent to settle down with. Gays can have babies now. Between adoption and modern technology, there's nothing we can't do these days. So because we can have it, we suddenly feel licensed to want it. So that leaves me standing out there alone in a sea of men who all want to be daddies one day. It's maddening.

Thanks, modern world. Owe you one.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
hello yes i have not posted on this thread for like two years, but i'd like to share a couple things about my sexuality and gender.

i now identify as a trans* man. please use masculine pronouns (he/him/his) when addressing or talking to me uwu. im also a panromantic demisexual. i have a romantic attraction towards all genders, but i only have sexual attraction towards those i have a good emotional bond with. c:

what an exciting two years it has been for my sexuality and gender, hahaha

Years
May I join?

I would like to say I'm bisexual but never actually been with another girl like the whole way >.>
I've been with guys (sorry if that's tmi) but I've always been attracted to girls and guys.
None of my family know I've always liked girls well they probably guessed but I never actually came out and said it straight up. :(
My family is very Christian I can't even date a guy -_-
I do support those who are out and proud
I'm just not that confident in myself.
I haven't really found "the one" that I actually want to be with guy or girl so for now it doesn't seem to matter if my family knows or approves that i have interest in girls too .

Last edited by a moderator:

Xadvid

Screw finals
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 7, 2023
I'd like to join this group. Seems like a great place for me to connect with others as I'm a homosexual myself! :3

Phantom1

Years
May I join?

I would like to say I'm bisexual but never actually been with another girl like the whole way >.>
I've been with guys (sorry if that's tmi) but I've always been attracted to girls and guys.
None of my family know I've always liked girls well they probably guessed but I never actually came out and said it straight up. :(
My family is very Christian I can't even date a guy -_-
I do support those who are out and proud
I'm just not that confident in myself.
I haven't really found "the one" that I actually want to be with guy or girl so for now it doesn't seem to matter if my family knows or approves that i have interest in girls too .

May I join?

I'd like to join this group. Seems like a great place for me to connect with others as I'm a homosexual myself! :3

You don't have to ask to join, sillies.

Welcome folks. :D

And Torchick, you ever want to talk, don't be afraid to ask. I'm always up for helping out, and so is the rest of the group, they're good people.

Back