• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold or SoulSilver?

HeartGold or SoulSilver?

• HeartGold

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • SoulSilver

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2013
HeartGold, for a couple of reasons. First, it's the one I bought because I grew up on Gold. Second, I like the version exclusives of HG better than those of SS. Third, I like having access to Ho-oh early on and then Lugia at Lv. 70. And lastly, I think Bellchime Trail has to be my favorite area out of every pokémon game. Awesome design for that map.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I have both games now, but if I had to choose one, it would be SoulSilver, since I've had some pretty good memories with the original Silver when I was a child. Having SoulSilver brought back the memories. And honestly, the main difference is the version exclusives, which I didn't really care much about, though I must say I prefer the HG ones.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
SoulSilver, because I had Silver as a kid. I also feel like I fit with the Silver colour more than Gold.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
SoulSilver hands down, not only because I played Silver first, because some Pokemon I want for my team, especially Chinchou/Lanturn, are exclusive to Soulsilver. I gotta have that Pokemon on my team, ya know? xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I got myself HeartGold because I had Pokemon Silver long ago and wanted to try out Ho-Oh. I did enjoy myself, and I got my Lugia on 70 so it all worked out xD

Rissa_Napier23

The Lass Class Trainer
Years
I chose HeartGold, because my boyfriend and I always buy the companion games. I have Diamond, and he has Pearl, I have Sapphire, and he has Ruby, and so on and so forth.

It's just a thing now, I guess. xD

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
I had silver when I was a kid... I don't even remember why - probably because my best friend had gold.
But I got soul silver because of that ^__^

Pillowing

A dash of luck!
Years
I use to be a Silver girl growing up. Mostly because I preferred silver jewelry and I loved Lugia.

But now as I replay HGSS, I have to say I'm a complete HG-girl now! I love Ho-oh to bits and I'm so glad I got into playing the games again!

blue

gucci
Years
Soul Silver.

I played Silver back in 2000, I prefer the name to HeartGold and I just generally prefer SS over HG.

Years
I had both Gold and Silver (I had first gold but after watching Pokemon2000 I wanted the Lugia and thought that I could only get Ho-oh on gold)

nowadays I like Ho-oh more because of it's type Fire-flying and what I really disliked about Lugia is that he isn't a water-flying (that was a major childhood dissapointment) even though I like the appearance of Lugia better, Ho-oh is still my favourite of those 2
so 1 point for Heartgold

the version exclusives top 5 IMO:
Arcanine>>Ninetails -HG win
Kabutops>>Omastar - SS win
Kyogre>>Groundon -HG win
Gligar/scor>>Delibird -HG win
Skarmory>>Mantine/tyke -SS win

Heartgold would be a obvious pick for me...

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
HeartGold because I had Gold version as a kid and the original has so many good memories. I remember I got both Gold and Silver as a First Communion gift from one of my teachers. I had to chose one and give the other to one of my brothers, so for some reason I went with Gold and so my older brother got Silver. So the original Gold has so many memories for me. PLus I like HG's version exclusives alot more.

Vei

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
I chose Heart Gold because Ho-Oh is one of my favorite Pokemon. Even though you can get it in Soul Silver as well, I preferred how it was the featured Pokemon.

Back