• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Markiplier RPG Adventure

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
xkMd0Qq.png

Download
GameJolt

Hello everyone. This is a Fangame dedicated to the Youtuber Markiplier and his fans. I had been working on an actual Pokémon Fangame for quite some time, but I felt like there was still so much to do. So I decided to take a break from it and focus on a different project. It still took longer to finish than I expected. In fact, it's made with Pokémon Essentials version 13. It's not a typical Pokémon game, so I saw no need to keep upgrading it, since the features included in later versions are irrelevant for this game.

Your Quest
Your ultimate goal is quite simple: To find Mark's friends Bob, Wade and Jack, who seem to be missing. There is a total of 6 Chapters to complete. The first one is very short and consists of a single puzzle. The next four require more exploration and three of them have a Boss Battle awaiting. They can be completed in any order since all the enemies are at the same level as your team. The difficulty of each will vary depending on what items and skills you have at your disposal and in what order you beat them. Once you have collected everything you need, you'll unlock the final Chapter and face your biggest challenge. On the way you will find lots of references to Markiplier's channel and other Youtubers.

Not a Pokémon Game
Like I said, this is not a typical Pokémon game. It's a much more simplistic and short RPG:
  • There are only three usable characters: Mark himself, Tiny Box Tim and Chica.
  • There are no types and all damaging moves are physical.
  • There are only 26 different enemy monsters.
  • You don't gain EXP. Therefore there are no levels.
  • There are basically four main areas you need to explore and 3 bosses you need to defeat before unlocking the final area. They can be explored in any order, since there are no levels.
  • You don't get money from winning battles. Instead, you'll receive an item you can sell. Or, if you're lucky you may get mutiple items, or a more valuable one.
  • Your team will learn more moves from Items similar to TMs or from Move Tutors.
  • There are no random encounters. Monster NPCs work like Trainers. If they see you, you'll engage in battle. You can escape from these battles by using an item.
  • All battles are Double Battles.
  • No Bicycle, Surfing or any other HM.
  • Most status are included, with a variety of items to heal them. Some of these items work like Berries.
  • There are no revival items. If you faint, you won't be able to heal until the battle is over. Any character that has fainted will be revived with 1HP automatically.
  • There's an Arcade where you can play minigames and earn Coins to buy items similar to Brightpowder and King's Rock.
  • A few of them change the characters' appearance.
  • It has a few randomly generated dungeons. You can't save in these areas. Enemies will come after you, but you may be able to outrun them if you don't want to fight them. You may find a weapon (TM), so you should explore as much as possible.
  • You can pay an NPC to upgrade your skills (PP Up).
  • You can purchase Abilities in the form of Makeup. (Intimidate, Flame Body, Static and Poison Point). Some enemies have unique Abilities.
  • There is an Item Crafting function in the form of Chef Dog. Talk to Chica while you are at Mark's Apartment.
  • Contains strong language.
  • Default size: 640x480

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFWxkMebaek

Known Issues
Some battle animations are misplaced.

Credits
Spoiler:

If you decide to check it out, I really hope you enjoy it. And if you know of someone I forgot to credit, please let me know and I will add them to the list as soon as possible.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
oh cool, didnt expect this here. I'll give it a look.

It'd be cool if at some point someone gave Mark a pokemon adventure lol that'd be interesting.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 30, 2017
Markiplier is one of my favorite youtubers lol and this game looks very interesting, when I get free time I will have to try it.

Back