• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Para-no-more?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
The founders of the band Paramore left the band today. Meaning the band is now lacking its drummer and lead guitarist. Possibly meaning that the band are falling apart. The Farro brothers seemed pretty adamant to leave in recent weeks and no longer had an interest in Paramore. Maybe because it was all about Hayley? That's the vibe I got at least, even at their concert it seemed that way.

Read more

[jq]
Last week, rumors started circulating that there may be a shake-up among the ranks of Paramore, one of the most popular rock bands on the planet. By the time the weekend rolled around, we had confirmation that brothers Zac and Josh Farro (the drummer and guitarist, respectively) had left the band to pursue other musical interests. The other three members of Paramore — singer Hayley Williams, guitarist Taylor York and bassist Jeremy Davis — will soldier on as a band, which will include tour dates in South America early next year and a new album the group just told MTV News about.
"We never for a second thought about leaving any of this behind. We really hope that you can be encouraged by the fact that the three of us who are still here are ready to take on another chapter of our journey together," a statement from the three remaining members read on the band's website. "You have always been what keeps us going so why would we stop now? We want to stick by you. Knowing that we have a unified passion and a clear vision makes us feel stronger than ever."
Without a drummer or a second guitarist in their ranks, the remaining members of Paramore have to make a decision about what to do moving forward. Luckily, there are a handful of paths that have already been carved for them, so perhaps they'll follow one of these.[/jq]

Thoughts on the manner? Just another band, overthrown by the fame on the frontwoman over shadowing the rest? Or purely artistic differences?

I for one see it as a major loss, and even if they press forward, I can see it being a long time before we can expect another album without the foundation of the band. However, it's always been about Hayley, so maybe it always will be.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
Years
Wow. This is sad. I loved Paramore. But luckily, for now at least, the whole band hasn't broke up. But the Farro brothers were amazing. If they do get a new guitarist and drummer, then the band will have changed so much. If they do that is. Also, Hayley has been working with British band You Me At Six, apparently.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Hmmm I heard of Paramore, just never listend to them really.
Oh well, I hate when bands break up.

Hm^ I heard "You Me At Six"

Well since their "Most Popular" I hope they continue on, and maybe find some "Replacments" on the way. :)

otaku-dono

Merkabah
Years
Oh crap, this isn't good for such a young band. Hopefully they can get some new members and soldier on with the new album.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I knew something was gonna shake up after Hayley sang "Airplanes". It's been all about her. So sad that the band is dealing with these problems. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm disappointed that the brothers decided to leave during a tour they're having. That just seems so disrespectful of them to the people who supported them for possibly... 6, 7, 8 years? They could have at least held out to quit until after they were finished touring.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Maybe they did leave because of Hayley... She sung Airplanes by/with BOB and the brothers are just nothing... It's kinda sad because they are a good band and I was just beginning to like them....

I knew something was gonna shake up after Hayley sang "Airplanes". It's been all about her. So sad that the band is dealing with these problems. :(

Eh, to be honest with you guys, I don't think that the fact she did something with B.O.N had much to do with it. They were touring with the band at the time and they asked Hayley to do a song with them, so I'm sure they were all pretty close. But with that said, it is all about Hayley but the Farro brothers didn't have to wait for Airplanes to see that. Ever since Misery Business was released, everyone could see that Hayley made the band what it is today. Their success and their current downfall.

I'm disappointed that the brothers decided to leave during a tour they're having. That just seems so disrespectful of them to the people who supported them for possibly... 6, 7, 8 years? They could have at least held out to quit until after they were finished touring.

Plenty of bands break up during tours, which is the issue. They miss their family and they spend every day for months with the same people playing the same old songs over and over. You can see how it might get a little hard to do and why bands end up breaking up.

There was also the case of Hayley and Josh, not sure she ever got over him either. In all the videos and at their concerts, you can see how much she favours him to the others, but he had moved on and has a fiancée now and such. I have a feeling that this had a big part to play in the friendships beginning to die.

Years
Oh no, what a shame. [/sarcastic]
I never liked paramore, didn't like their music at all.

Only good thing was Hayley Williams was hot. XD

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
I was speaking from a purely objective stance. It was a legitimate suggestion and should not have been deleted.

I said the other members may have left because she can't sing, and as far as musical talent is concerned, objectively, she can't sing. At least not well.

Looks to me like you should at least be able to comprehend my post and reasoning before you delete it out of spite.

So I'll state again;
Maybe the other band members left when they realised they were more talented than Hayley, were sick of her getting all the credit, and they wanted to pursue better, more interesting things.
disclaimer: this suggestion is objective and does not in any way reflect the personal opinion of poster.

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I would say maybe because they haven't done anything new really. Brand New Eyes should basically be RIOT! v.2 maybe they wanted to try something that actually sounded different from what they've been doing.

Also, I would say something about Hayley's singing but apparently that's not allowed? hahaha wow.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Plenty of bands break up during tours, which is the issue. They miss their family and they spend every day for months with the same people playing the same old songs over and over. You can see how it might get a little hard to do and why bands end up breaking up.
I can't say I can sympathize with that. There are others in the band who had the same problem, but one of the things that they had was each other no matter what was going on with the band itself and the members in it. Besides, it's not like they didn't know they'd experience homesickness and it's not like this is the first tour they've ever been on. Granted, the other ~two~ weren't really as big. I don't think that's the case, though. It's just a shame, really. I've been following them since right before AWKIF, and... yeah. :/

Yukimi

Nautical Star
Years
Well, I can't say I'm broken up about it. Paramore sells themselves on Hayley's good looks rather than innovation or talent. They are typical pop-rock, the only thing that distinguishes them from the rest is the singer's appearance.

Hayley is a bland writer, and not a particularly impressive singer. The guitarist, bassist and drummer are, in all likeliness, talented musicians, but they come up with mostly unimpressive work.

I don't think those two leaving will have a huge effect on Paramore. Nothing short of Hayley leaving the band will shake them.

Back