• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3DS Pokemon Games?

Do you think Gamefreak will start making Pokemon Games for 3DS instead of NDS?

• Yes

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Since we all know that a new Pokemon game is coming for 3ds, do you think that the Pokemon Games will now be for 3ds? or will they still be for ds?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Perhaps, they'd make a DS game or two. Then move onto the 3DS, like how all the previous games moved on to better consoles.
But also, they might not. They'll probably think, kids won't buy a 3DS just to play a single game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Most people are switching to 3DS's now that the stores have more limited quantities of the DS series models. Its not hard to make them shift and pay an extra $20 for a 3DS.

That and the list for the rest of 2012's DS games is like 5 or 6 games and there so far is no confirmed 2013 games on the list last time I went to gamestop.

Nintendo has all but released a "The DS series is being discontinued" statement, but that's just a matter of time.

So, yes I believe that Pokemon is now switching to the 3DS.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No, they're going to stay on the DS. Forever. Sorry. Anyway, yeah, they're gradually making the switch with the spin off games. I think it's fair to say, for spin offs anyway, that Conquest will be the last on the DS. Or that typing game, since I think that's supposed to get localized some time soon. But yeah, the change seems to be slow right now, since Conquest was on the DS and then the next main games are on the DS, but you have spin offs like Rumble Blast and the new PMD on 3DS. I'd say we're in a transition period, but soon enough, the DS will be out of the light and the 3DS can finally really shine.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
If I was GameFreak I would do this. Since lots of people have moved up to the 3DS they should make it for them; but lots of people as myself don't have the funds to afford a 3DS so they got a DS Lite or DSi or hell even the old school DS. So they should make future Pokemon games for them as well. They could easily make it for both handheld devices, I mean look at what PS2 and PS3 did. A lot of games when PS3 came out were still gettin made on the PS2 but over the period of about 3 years they quit making them except for a couple games. So I think GameFreak might do the same thing. Gives people time to get the 3DS or the future DS cuz there's probably one coming.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, now that Mystery Dungeon is for the 3DS and that's a spin off, I doubt they would revert back to DS for another mainstream.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think Nintendo will stick to the regular DS platform for making their main games because not everyone may have a 3DS on them to play those games. IMO, only the spin-off games could be done on the 3DS to further update the graphics of past titles (Rumble Blast and the new Mystery Dungeon game are examples of this).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nintendo is trying to force all their smaller companies to push 3DS titles.......Gamefreak may not want to, but soon Nintendo will force them to cause they are pushing their focus onto the Wii U and the 3DS.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Eventually, yes. The DS is still hot right now but the 3DS is starting to finally pick up, so once it does it should (hopefully) replace the DS games.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I'm not really sure, but most probably 3DS, If not I won't mind, as long as they make an awesome remake with great graphics.

Raging Man

Ace Trainer
Years
They probably will, and i hope they will. I already own a 3DS (and love it), imagine playing a complete Handheld RPG with those pokemon in 3 Dimensions, i already love how they look on Pokedex 3D.

blue

gucci
Years
If they put the mainstreams on the 3DS then I can only assume that would urge fans to go out and buy a 3DS, that's how Nintendo usually play things out.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Absolutely, and I can't wait. I have a DSi and a 3DS, and frankly I play all my games on the former, because the older games, even BW and most likely BW2, arent made to fit on the 3DS's screen. The 3DS looks great with 3DS games, but not so much with DS games

Years
In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if Black and White 2 were the last main series games for the regular DS (even though I won't be neccessarily happy about it). Just like when you look at the historical transition of many consoles (PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3, XBox -> 360, GB -> GBC -> GBA -> DS), there will always be some games that continue to be made for the old system, but eventually they realize that there is more money to be made on the newer platform.

While I don't think that the 3DS has quite surpassed it's predecessor yet, by the time a new main Pokemon game comes out I think it will have, so there's no reason why it wouldn't be on the 3DS.

Years
Since we all know that a new Pokemon game is coming for 3ds, do you think that the Pokemon Games will now be for 3ds? or will they still be for ds?

I guess people seem to forget that we went from GB to GBC to GBA to DS.

But also, they might not. They'll probably think, kids won't buy a 3DS just to play a single game.

Not true at all. I bought a Gamecube just for Wind Waker, a DS just for Pokemon Diamond, a Wii just for SSBB, and a Xbox360 just for for Gears of War. There's lots of people who buy a console for just on big-name title. This will be no different.

Pokemon is a console seller. People may say they won't buy a certain console, but when Pokemon comes out on it they'll buy it in a heartbeat.

. Gives people time to get the 3DS or the future DS cuz there's probably one coming.

I'm going to guess that your just really misinformed, but theres not a single gameslated for release on the DS for 2013. There's some set for this year, but most of them are just shovelware except B2/W2. Why in the world woud they make a new model for the DS?

I think Nintendo will stick to the regular DS platform for making their main games because not everyone may have a 3DS on them to play those games.

Did "not everyone having one" stop Microsoft from producing games on the 360? Did it stop Nintendo from producing games on the Wii? Why would the case be any different here?

IMO, only the spin-off games could be done on the 3DS to further update the graphics of past titles (Rumble Blast and the new Mystery Dungeon game are examples of this).

Why can't the same be done with main series games?

How is that even a valid question?

Because on the internet its considered okay to make pointless threads to ask pointless questions.

While I don't think that the 3DS has quite surpassed it's predecessor yet,

Ummm, are you also extremely misinformed that there's only one big name title coming out on the DS this year while the 3DS has like, a dozen.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
The fact that MD, which I consider to be one of the best spinoff series (PkMn Ranger and Colosseum/XD being the others ) being 3d is the one and only reason why I'm expecting the next mainstream Pokemon games to be 3D.

If we get our Hoenn remakes, that will either be the beginning of Mainstream 3DS Pokemon games or the very last DS mainstream title.

However, if GameFreak stays with 2D + 3Dstuff titles on the DS, I'll be cool with it. As long as they look like BW/BW2 or even better.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
Releasing a 3DS version would drive 3DS sales, no doubt. I bought a 3DS for OoT. I would undoubtedly buy a 3DS for a Pokemon game if I had to.

Years
Releasing a 3DS game might drive 3DS sales, but I guess they might still make main series on the DS until 6th Gen or something so they can appeal to those who don't have a 3DS yet.

Back