• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pok?mon Academy Life (Visual Novel) - DEMO v1.0.3a LIVE

How should characters be associated with Pokémon types?

• With their signature Pokémon (if any)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Based on their personalities

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
Hi all,

Quick alert:

Game Jolt was hit by a takedown notice from Nintendo for numerous Pokémon fan games on their site, including Pokémon Academy Life. This isn't a direct cease & desist to us. Development will continue quietly.

Years
This is stupid, Nintendo should know that fan games don't take away from their products it contributes to sales! I know a lot of people who got into Pokemon thanks to fan games ): Heck Nintendo's handheld sales skyrocketed thanks to Pokemon Go!

I will keep supporting this game :/ and any other fans create till I kill over

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
Years
Love this project. The writing is hilarious and well executed, the art is good and the story.... wait, what story? I guess that's why it's called a demo.
Characters are charming and well written, and I love it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Interested in helping with the story here. I noticed you had an issue with figuring out how to catch pokemon. Just a quick suggestion I can think is Field Trips. Things like bug catching outings, fossil digs, oceanic exploration. Aviary refuges for regional birds. Things like that that can group together not necessarily types, but categorize them.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
The demo was awesome, it leaves you a desire of playing the complete game. I just hope that you can create close bonds with the characters, especially, a romance one. And I hope that you can find a way of introducing battles and catching pokemon. Keep going with this fantastic job!

Last edited:

VisualJae

Years
A little teaser for the next update.

We weren't planning on doing a public update, but after some consideration, we felt it made sense. Soon.

VisualJae

Years
eNBsRDq.jpg

It's here!

The newest demo version of Pokémon Academy Life is now available to download. As always, please remember to not distribute or sell for monetary gains.

Version 1.0.3 contains many updates. You CAN NOT use an existing save file. Remove any previous versions you have completely and restart with this version.

UPDATES:
- Overhauled and expanded opening and some prologue scenes
- Available days extended to Year 1 - April 10
- Dramatically cut down on overall file size
- Numerous art assets updated
- Removed the player's sprite from the dialogue boxes
- Battle system prototype added
- Replaced the character cards system with a more streamlined tracker
- Updated the traits menu with a more streamlined tracker
- Minor text fixes

The original post has been updated to reflect changes.

FelipeGazolla

I'm here just for Pokémon Adventure Red
Years
I tried the last version and i liked a lot of this game. It's diferrent of all, and this is what i like in fan-games and hack roms. The only problem was that there wasn't the system battle and i thought there was so much text (i'm brazilian, so it tires a little to translate all the speaks). This new version looks very improved, certainly i'll tri it too, and good work for you with this incredible game!!

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
Years
Consider this post a bit of a review.
First off, I'll start by mentioning what I consider to be the negatives.
I'm uncomfortable with some characters having the same designs as they did when they were 10 years old. Their outfits just don't seem like something teenagers would wear.
I'm also slightly bothered by some of the scenes but I realize that that's a personal thing and wouldn't constitute as feedback.
A little annoyed by the fact that if I click too early on certain dialogue, looking back causes the drawn-out transition between scenes to play again.

Now, on to the positives.
I love the artstyle for both backgrounds (the attention to detail is astonishing) and characters (besides my criticisms earlier). The soundtrack's pretty great as well.
I love the writing. Well, not all of it but enough to list it as a plus. A lot of the characters and scenes are absolutely brilliant. You seem to interpret the canon characters' personalities in a way and I love it.
The diversity in choice is pretty great and the options seem well fleshed out.
I wanted to say something about the intro and the interface but I can't find words for it. Besides, well... I like it.

Other:
I'm a bit confused by how elective classes are set up. They're twice per day, so do the teachers teach the same class twice a day? It's the only way I can find to explain it that doesn't involve time travel.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I haven't played the whole of the new version yet but I'm going through it. Keep finding more and more things I like.
That said, Blue's Squirtle did no damage with its Bubble attack for some reason?

Last edited:
Years
Whenever I try to load my save file from the previous demo, the game says "there was an exception" and something along the lines of not being able to roll back due to the script changing in an inconvenient way. The same message came up when I started a new save file and tried to save the game. Nobody else has brought this up here, so I was wondering if anybody else knows about this?

Years
I'm doing a playthrough of this game on my channel if you would like to see it please click my channel in my signature.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I haven't played the whole of the new version yet but I'm going through it. Keep finding more and more things I like.
That said, Blue's Squirtle did no damage with its Bubble attack for some reason?

Also someone questioned why Squirtles bubble attack didn't do damage at times and I also questioned this during my playthrough. I came up with two possibilities, either the game is glitched and it needs to be patched or since we just received these pokemon, it isn't listening to him like ours is. They said our character has a special bond with pokemon which is why Charmander is listening to everything we say and Blue's Squirtle isn't listening to him. Only possibilities tbh.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
First off, lemme say that I absolutely enjoyed this demo! An a little more than an hour flew by so fast! As a person that played a few VN's in the past, this one definitely got me from the beginning. Usually it's slow in the beginning thus making me not as engaged into the story until later on. It could be because it's Pokemon, my childhood game with a different spin on things. I am so ready for the next update.

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Just wanted to say that I've been following this game since it started a while ago. The graphic style and visual quality of this game is unparalleled. I've enjoyed every second playing this! Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
I assuming the first demo ends at the part where you go out and catch pokemon with leaf or is there another path that advance farther.

The important thing is I LOVE IT.
The art is incredible, the girls are crazy good looking.(A part of me hope this was R rated with scenes :P)

The only thing that bug me is May's relationship status. WHY CANT SHE BE SINGLE WHY *tears fall down*
I'm wondering if you could still get her?(somehow)

Back