• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rock Climb with Overworld Animation

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Rock Climb with Overworld Animation
Current Version: 1.1

XaYQTaf.gif

-------
Implements Rock Climbing and adds an animated effect for using the Rock Climb HM in the overworld.

*This script was loosely based on an old Rock Climb resource.

*This comes with stock graphics for Red and Leaf. If you want to use different characters, you will need to make the animations yourself.

NOTE: This was made for PE versions 16 and 17. If you use a more recent version, see this port here.

See the notes at the top of the script for installation and usage instructions!

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mttrj2zmpnkktt2/Rock Climb Animation v1.1.7z?dl=0

Old Versions:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Script:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Update Released:

v1.1:
- The script now includes a standalone already-set-up Rock Climbing HM compatible with both PE v16 and v17+.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Hey! I really want to add but i try to install the move with tutorial and stop in 'in Game_Map_' :/ im usin v17.2 and i dont see that title usin ctrl shift f. How can i do?

Ty ty!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Hey! I really want to add but i try to install the move with tutorial and stop in 'in Game_Map_' :/ im usin v17.2 and i dont see that title usin ctrl shift f. How can i do?

Ty ty!

Can you give me the exact error message please...?

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
You don't need to use that script anymore. Its very old. This resource now comes with Rock Climb already set up.

AI SIM!

So, i "plug and play". Edit to terrain tag 17 and 18. Paste the folder

When im play the game and talk with rock, and USE the move, appears this:

Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: TypeError

Compiler:644:in `+'

Compiler:644:in `canonicalize'

Compiler:642:in `each'

Compiler:642:in `canonicalize'

BitmapCache:372:in `load_bitmap'

====UlithiumRockClimb:236:in `pbRockClimbAscendFrames'

====UlithiumRockClimb:120:in `pbAscendRock'

====UlithiumRockClimb:210:in `pbRockClimb'

====UlithiumRockClimb:250

====UlithiumRockClimb:247:in `call'

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
AI SIM!

So, i "plug and play". Edit to terrain tag 17 and 18. Paste the folder

When im play the game and talk with rock, and USE the move, appears this:

Code:
Pokemon Essentials
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: TypeError

Compiler:644:in `+'

Compiler:644:in `canonicalize'

Compiler:642:in `each'

Compiler:642:in `canonicalize'

BitmapCache:372:in `load_bitmap'

====UlithiumRockClimb:236:in `pbRockClimbAscendFrames'

====UlithiumRockClimb:120:in `pbAscendRock'

====UlithiumRockClimb:210:in `pbRockClimb'

====UlithiumRockClimb:250

====UlithiumRockClimb:247:in `call'

Looks like you didnt install the graphics that came with this resource. Make sure to merge the Graphics folder that came with this resource with yours.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Looks like you didnt install the graphics that came with this resource. Make sure to merge the Graphics folder that came with this resource with yours.

Oh! Its a Autotiles? Or Tilesets, i mean, normal? I merge to my "normal" Tileset, not a autotile.

Ty ty

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Oh! Its a Autotiles? Or Tilesets, i mean, normal? I merge to my "normal" Tileset, not a autotile.

Ty ty
No, no... The GRAPHICS folder that came with this reasource contains all of the pictures used for the animation. From your error message it sounds like you don't have them installed.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
No, no... The GRAPHICS folder that came with this reasource contains all of the pictures used for the animation. From your error message it sounds like you don't have them installed.

OMG. I paste into Graphics/Animations, not Graphics/Pictures/(make a)Animations/

Really sorry! AND REALLY THANK YOU for you pacience :D :D :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
OMG. I paste into Graphics/Animations, not Graphics/Pictures/(make a)Animations/

Really sorry! AND REALLY THANK YOU for you pacience :D :D :D
I just expected everyone to extract the Graphics folder itself, not it's internal contents.

I named the subfolder "Animations" because I intend to make more overworld effects like this one and wanted them all in one joint folder vs. each having their own.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 3, 2023
Nice! Thank you Ulithium_Dragon!
Can I ask you that have you lava surfing for essential v17 and is possible to share it?
Anticipate thankses.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Ulithium_Dragon
I'm searching where the scripts is to add at the game, but I can't find it.
Where is it, please?
I downloaded the stuff, but I saw only the animation.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Só, I put the Rock Climb Animation.rb on the data folder, and the graphics at Graphics/Animations/Rock Climb folder, right?
I need to use the compiler to the game read the scripts?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Another question: Does this script works with like side stairs too? going diagonal to left/right, as well as normally up and down?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
No... the script needs to be manually copy+pasted into your game, like any other script. Open up your project, open the script editor, create a new section, and paste it in there.

Sideways is not supported. Technically speaking, only up is truly supported. You can use down, but there won't be a custom animation for it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
So, I need to create a new section on scripts, then paste ALL OF IT there? Like, a section called "Rock Climb", right above the Main section, e paste the whole script there?
And I need to do the same at below "PField_FieldMoves", right? Like create another section, just below that one e and paste all of it again, right?
Doesn't it support sideways? Oh... I guess I'll need to remove my sideways then...

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
So, I need to create a new section on scripts, then paste ALL OF IT there? Like, a section called "Rock Climb", right above the Main section, e paste the whole script there?
And I need to do the same at below "PField_FieldMoves", right? Like create another section, just below that one e and paste all of it again, right?
Doesn't it support sideways? Oh... I guess I'll need to remove my sideways then...

You only need to insert the scripts once. Above Main is the best place to do so, but the key thing is that it does not go before PField_FieldMoves

Back