• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tell me something interesting

Years
Share something interesting about your story, its characters or its world that will expand upon it but, preferably, not spoil anything about it. Something more obscure perhaps.
I totally didn't steal this idea from vragon.

Last edited:

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
Share something interesting about your story, its characters or its world that will expand upon it but, preferably, not spoil anything about it. Something more obscure perhaps.
I totally didn't steal this idea from vragon.
you totally did.

As for something interesting regarding my story, I'd probably throw out a certain fun fact about Seliph. Conceptually when I started this story, Seliph was supposed to die within the first ten chapters of this fic. This is even in writing in older drafts of the story. However, upon further observing his character on the third intro re-writer and with my skills as a writer improving, I began to question if I should cut him out so early for motivation or actually do something more.

As you can see, that mixed with other ideas and changes formulating helped me decide to actually have him not just be a character but a main character in the story. There are others things I have plans for regarding him I could talk about (and some that would be pretty cool) but I think just that little bit of information is enough to convey the drastic changes the Shattered Crests of now had with it's older self.

Bay

Years
Originally Foul Play was supposed to be about only eight chapters and I was about to have Grimsley's stay much more fast paced than now. However, I realized I was pushing several events in one chapter, so I'm slowing things down. Recently I'm redoing my outline, and while still not fully complete I have the events more or less thought up, and looks like it'll be close to 20 chapters now, oops.

Another couple fun non-spoilerly facts:

-All of Grimsley's Pokemon I named them after anything relating to gambling/game of chance. Queen (Bisharp), Dice (Scrafty), Blackjack (Sharpedo), Roulette (Absol), and Raz (Liepard).
-Kukui's Incineroar is nicknamed Chavo. I got that name from the Mountain Goats song, "The Legend of Chavo Guerrero" from their 2015 album Beat the Champ!

Years
So, Stairway to Heaven's plot is largely derived from an RP of mine called Mirrors: A Kanto Story, in which I actually played Lauren, who is a secondary character in Stairway. Moving to Stairway though, I felt she didn't have the right personality to be an engaging central protagonist which is how Eloy came to be. Layla and Gwen were originally rival NPCs I developed for the RP as well, but I've developed their characters a fair bit from that original blue print.

The Sigia region that Stairway is set in was originally something I created for a fan game project I was involved in. I decided to look back on it and bring it to life and flex my worldbuilding muscles with it again for my fic. I wanted to differentiate my story further from it's basis and I wanted to give readers somewhere new and exciting to explore.

I'm sure I'll have more to share later, but that's a bit about Stairway to Heavan's origins.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years

Okay.

Well, I already posted this in the Discord channel but for the benefit of our usual readers:

Back when 2018 Small Writing Contest I submitted Beyond Today as my entry. But did you know that, had the contest been two weeks later, the plot would have been entirely redone? Some days after the Contest I watched an episode of Wakfu that threw an interesting twist into the idea of "go meet a deity" and I would have totally adapted some elements of the episode, resulting in a side story with much more Gesta involvement and a cliffhanger ending where it is not made clear if Dalvin would have made it out alive from his meeting with Dialga as it would have been a far less amicable reunion.

Yes, I know, good thing that didn't happen or we would have missed out on the precious ending.

As for something interesting regarding my story, I'd probably throw out a certain fun fact about Seliph. Conceptually when I started this story, Seliph was supposed to die within the first ten chapters of this fic. This is even in writing in older drafts of the story.
Seliph was supposed to die
letting precious Seliph die
Man what were you thinking, lol. Good thing THAT did not happen!

The Sigia region that Stairway is set in was originally something I created for a fan game project I was involved in. I decided to look back on it and bring it to life and flex my worldbuilding muscles with it again for my fic. I wanted to differentiate my story further from it's basis and I wanted to give readers somewhere new and exciting to explore.
Well sign me in in the "want to see results of worldbuilding" camp, flex your muscles well, IMO you have pretty good material there.

Also to close since my opening fact was technically a repeat, here's something new, interesting, obscure, not spoilery about another of my stories: when I wrote young!Silver having a Nidoran as a partner in Overlord, part of the idea behind it was that if I ever got to write more about the canon characters in the Giovanni family tree, I would like to make the events of Legend of Thunder (the Raikou anime special) canon to my verse, and there Silver cameos with a Nidoking. Now, that still hasn't happened, but here's to hope.

So, what else have y'all got?

Years

In most regions in my universe, it is traditional for new trainers to begin their journey with a Fire, Water or Grass type but this is a practice that has fallen further and further out of use over the years, leading to a much more diverse range of starters.

What makes Sigia a bit more unique in that regard, is that in the rural mountains where Eloy is from, the traditional type trio is different to the rest of the region and is actually Ground, Ice and Steel to better reflect their surroundings and the kinds of Pokemon available in that ecosystem. Didn't stop Eloy starting with a Nidoran anyway lol.

To make things interesting for those who have read a bit further into my story currently, here's a tally of how many Pokemon each of the prominent characters has.
Eloy - 2
Layla - 3
Gwen - 3
Lauren - 3
??? - 3

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
Man what were you thinking, lol. Good thing THAT did not happen!

trick question, I wasn't, heh.

As for another obscure thing, Jasmine wasn't supposed to be a prominent character and not go with the boys on their journey and Dolly didn't even exist in the initial conception of the story. The bigger offense, however, is that I didn't have the character Tyr nor Mephiles in mind also. In fact, at that time, I had no main antagonist, just a few red eyes goons.

Last edited:

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
Years
Something interesting about my story?

The main character(Jocelyn) is mute

Thats my interesting fact

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
My massive Pokemon world that I set my re-imagined anime series in is an amalgamation of the games, the show, and some other ideas that I felt could work in the Pokeworld. (The Swanna Song, for example, I borrowed from the Symphogear anime)

Remixed Ash's teams are what I actually used when I played through that gen, and remixed Contests follow the game rules--so there's no battles in the Contest Hall.

Back